Hello
안녕하세요
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)
Google Images
The Manipulated is a 2025 South Korean action thriller drama, written by Oh Sang Ho and directed by Park Shin Woo and Kim Chang Ju.
The series aired on Disney+ November 5 - December 3, 2025, it has 12 episodes.
Main Cast:
Ji Chang Wook as Park Jae Jung
Google Images
Doh Kyung Soo as An Yo Han
Google Images
Kim Jong Soo as No Yong Sik
Google Images
Jo Yoon Su as No Eun Bi
Google Images
Lee Kwang Soo as Baek Do Kyoung
Google Images
Supporting Cast:
Yang Dong Geun as Yeo Deok Su
Google Images
Kim Jae Chul as Yang Chul Hwan
Google Images
Eum Moon Suk as Do Gang Jae
Google Images
Lee Jae Kyoon as Koo Ji Yong
Google Images
Lee Seo Hwan as Park Han Hee
Google Images
Lee Sung Woo as Hwang Il Guk
Google Images
Ahn Ji Ho as Park Tae Jin
Google Images
Kwon Da Ham as Woo Jung
Google Images
Kim Jung Heon as Jung Soo
Google Images
Lee Suk Hyeong as Dae Hoon
Google Images
Pyo Ye Jin as Song Su Ji
Google Images
Kim Joong Hee as Kim Sang Rak
Google Images
Jeong In Ji as Nanny
Google Images
Bae Na Ra as Woo Min Hyung
Google Images
Lee Hyun Jin as Chung Ri
Google Images
Han Ji Hyo as Lee Sun Ah
Google Images
Do Yun Jin as Han Byeol
Google Images
The series is based on the film Fabricate City, which Oh Sang Ho co-wrote and starred Ji Chang Wook.
Tae Joong is an ordinary man living an ordinary type of life. But, his life changes.
One day, he unjustly gets involved in a heinous crime and he is sent to prison.
Tae Joong discovers that everything was planned by Yohan and he carries out revenge on Yohan.
I decided to watch this on a whim because I was familiar with a few of the cast members and I was blown away by a few of them as I wasn't used to them acting as the characters they were playing.
The show itself was really good, it didn't take me long to finish watching it as I was hooked. I will admit that I did nearly stop watching during the first few episodes, as they were really difficult to watch, but I'm glad I pushed through and continued because it did really have me on the edge of my seat and wanting to continue at the end of each episode.
I absolutely loved Ji Chang Wook as Park Jae Jung, I know he's known for his roles, especially when it comes to action, but for me, he was on another level in this drama. From the first to last episode, I felt all his emotions, but watching him in those first few episodes, while difficult and traumatising to watch, he really did an amazing job.
I thought Doh Kyung Soo was amazing as An Yo Han, I joked that I now know why the rest of EXO are scared of him, because he plays crazy extremely well. He even scared and creeped me out.
I really liked Kim Jong Soo as No Yong Sik, I really loved the friendship between Jae Jung and Yong Sik, and there were times I was scared what would happen to him and how it would affect Jae Jung.
I thought Jo Yoon Su did a really great job as No Eun Bi. I initially didn't like her as she seemed to push the people closest to her away, but the more we got to know her, we knew why she acted the way she did.
Lee Kwang Soo was amazing as Baek Do Kyoung, he's the typical character that comes from money and power, which means he believes he can do anything and get away with it, even committing murder. Even as he loses power, he still believes he can get away with his crimes.
I thought Yang Dong Geun was amazing as Yeo Deok Su, I didn't even realise that he played the son in season 2 of Squid Game. It really shows how he can pull off any role and character.
I really liked Kim Jae Chul as Yang Chul Hwan, for me, he was the character that gave me hope for Jae Jung throughout the show. It was sometime hit or miss on whether he would believe Jae Jung, but he also seemed to lean on trusting what he said.
I was surprised to see Bae Na Ra as Woo Min Hyung as I'd not long finished Would You Marry Me, in which he also appears in. While the characters I've seen him play have been of similar roles. Woo Min Hyung is definitely the best I've seen so far as like Yo Han, he's on the crazy side and seems to revel in cleaning up messes and being a hitman for hire.
I highly recommend this drama, I'll just say to be prepared for the first few episodes and push through them. Once you get past that initial trauma, you'll be on the edge of your seat even more.
The casting is amazing as is the story, even if it seems a little far-fetched at times. It's also scary to think there are probably people like this in real life.
Have you watched The Manipulated?
Were you a fan of the cast?
Did you enjoy the plot?
Let me know in the comments below.
See you soon!














































No comments:
Post a Comment