Friday 1 January 2021

My Top 10 Drama's of 2020

 Hello

안녕하세요 

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは 

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)

Google Images

It's that time again, to do my top drama list, while I may have only watched 14 dramas that were released this year, I've still decided to make a Top 10 and share it with you. There's still so many dramas that were released this year that I want to watch, and I'm sure I'll eventually get round to watching them, but for now here is my Top 10 Drama's of 2020.

NO.10
Google Images
Coming in at No.10 we have Mr. Heart, starring Lee Se Jin as Go Sang Ha and Cheon Seung Ho as Jin Won.
Google Images
Mr. Heart is a South Korean BL web drama series directed by Park Seon Jae.
This drama is short and sweet, I loved watching the 2 main characters, they had really good chemistry. I'd definitely sit and watch this drama again, and I can't wait to check out both the male leads other dramas.

NO.9
Google Images
Coming in at No.9 we have Where Your Eyes Linger, starring Han Gi Chan as Han Tae Joo and Jang Eui Soo as Gang Gook.
Google Images
Where Your Eyes Linger is a 2020 South Korean BL romance web drama series, written by Hwang Da Seul and Shin Yoo, as well as also being directed by Hwang Da Seul.
Another short and sweet series, I'd love to see a 2nd series for this drama to see how the characters have changed and developed more.

NO.8
Google Images
Coming in at No.8 we have Because of You, starring Lee Si Kang as Yuan Jun Cheng, Muji Hsu as Lin Xun, Will Chang as Yua Jun Dao, Jerom Huang Alouf as Juan Jun Ping, Guo Yu Chen as Yang Xiang and Wells Su as Yan Yue.
Google Images
Because of You is a Taiwanese BL web drama and is also known as Because of You 2020, the series was directed by Zero Chou.
As you may have noticed I'm a big fan of BL dramas and Because of You has to be my favourite of the ones I've watched in 2020, it's another short and sweet series, that shows all different battles the main cast face when it comes to their feelings.

NO.7
Google Images
Coming in at No.7 is The King: Eternal Monarch, starring Lee Minho as Le Gon, Kim Go Eun as Jeong Tae Eul, Woo Do-Hwan as Jo Yeong/Jo Eun-Sup, Kim Kyung-Nam as Kang Shin-Jae, Jung Eun-Chae as Koo Seo-Ryeong and Lee Jung -Jin as Lee Lim.
Google Images
The King: Eternal Monarch is a fantasy romance drama, the series is written by Kim Eun-Sook and directed by Baek Sang-Hoon, Jung Ji-Hyun & Yoo Je-Won.
This drama took me to places that I had never seen before in a drama and I loved it, the casting was amazing and blew me away, I loved how the series ended as it was something new for me, it wasn't your typical ending for a drama and I loved it for that reason.

NO.6
Coming in at No.6 we have Dating in the Kitchen, starring Zhao Lu Si as Gu Sheng Nan and Lin Yu Shen as Lu Jin.
Google Images
Dating in the Kitchen in as Chinese romantic comedy drama series written by Zhao Xiao Lei, directed by Chen Chang and adapted from the novel Finally I Get You by Lan Bai.
This drama has a big age gap between the 2 leads but it didn't stop them from having amazing chemistry and making me fall in love with them both. It really shows how no matter our ages, we can always learn something from one another and gain new perspectives within our lives.

NO.5
Google Images
Coming in at No.5 we have Record of Youth, starring Park Bo Gum as Sa Hye Jun, Park So Dam as Ahn Jeong Ha, Byeon Woo Seok as Won Hae Hyo and Kwon Soo Hyun as Kim Jin Woo.
Google Images
Record of Youth is a South Korean romance drama written by Ha Myung Hee and directed by Ahn Gil Ho.
I loved this drama, like The King: Eternal Monarch, for me I adored the ending as it wasn't something I was expecting, we either get the usual happy ending or a low-key sad ending, for me I'd love to see more endings like this one. There were times I was conflicted with the relationships but, I adored it all the same, I also loved the little curtain call and bow, if you've watched it till the end you will know what I mean.

NO.4
Google Images
Coming in at No.4 we have season 2 of Kingdom, starring Ju Ji Hoon as Crown Prince Lee Chang, Ryu Seung Ryong as Cho Hak Ju, Bae Doo Na as Seo Bi, Kim Sung Gyu as Yeong Shin, Kim Sang Ho as Mu Yeong, Jeon Seok Ho as Cho Beom Pal and Kim Hye Jun as Queen Consort Cho.
Google Images
Kingdom is a South Korean and Netflix Original television series, adapted from the web comic series The Kingdom of the Gods written by Kim Eun-hee and drawn by Yang Kyung-il.
The drama series is also written Kim Eun-hee and is directed by Kim Seong-hun.
It may be lower on my list then it was last year, but I still loved the 2nd season as much as the first, this time round we focused more on the characters, as well as finding out why and how this plague came to be, something I think will continue into season 3.

NO.3
Google Images
Coming in at No.3 we have The Victims' Game, starring Joseph Chang as Fang Yi Jen, Ann Hsu as Hsu Hai Yin, Jason Wang as Chao Cheng Kuan and Ruby Lin as Li Ya Jun.
Google Images
The Victims' Game is a Taiwanese Netflix Original thriller series directed by David Chuang and Allen Chen.
This drama is such and underrated series, and I can't wait for the 2nd season which is set to be released next year. This drama has a hidden deeper meaning and message, which floored me as I wasn't expecting it at all. I enjoyed everything about this drama especially the cast.

NO.2
Google Images
Coming in at No.2 and just missing out on that top spot is Flower of Evil, starring Lee Joon Gi as Baek Hee Sung/Do Hyun Soo, Moon Chae Won as Cha Ji Won, Jang Hee Jin as Do Hae Soo and Seo Hyun Woo as Kim Moo Jin.
Google Images
Flower of Evil is a South Korean suspense melodrama written by Yoo Jung-hee and directed by Kim Cheol-kyu.
Right up until yesterday this drama was in my No.1 spot, this drama from start to finish had me on edge and just blew me away. I still can't listen to the OST without being pulled right back in to all the emotions. The cast was phenomenal, especially Lee Joon Gi, it definitely wasn't what I was expecting and I'm glad it wasn't.

Before I reveal what drama has taken my No.1 spot, let me give you some honourable mentions to some other dramas I watched released in 2020.

Japanese drama You Are My Destiny.
Google Images

Japanese drama Peanut Butter Sandwhich.
Google Images

Japanese drama Ju-on Origins.
Google Images

South Korean drama Goedam.
Google Images

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!

NO.1
Google Images
Coming in at No.1 and knocking Flower of Evil from the top spot is Sweet Home, starring Song Kang as Cha Hyun Soo, Lee Jin Wook as Pyeon Sang Wook, Lee Si Young as Seo Yi Kyeong and Lee Do Hyun as Lee Eun Hyuk.
Google Images
Sweet Home is a South Korean apocalyptic horror drama series, written by Hong So Ri, Kim Hyung Min and Park So Jung, directed by Lee Eung Bok, Jang Young Woo and Park So Hyun. The series is also based on the webtoon of the same name created by Kim Kan Bi and Hwang Young Chan.
For me this drama was phenomenal, the cast was amazing, the soundtrack was perfect, both me and Skye struggled to stop watching, we were hooked. I have my fingers crossed that there will be a 2nd season especially with how the series ended.

Well that concludes my Top 10 Drama of 2020, I can't wait to get myself stuck into the dramas that I didn't get round to watching, as well as seeing what dramas we will be getting in 2021.

What was your No.1 drama of 2020?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment