Friday 24 April 2020

Taiwanese Drama - Because of You

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)

Google Images

Because of You is a Taiwanese BL web drama and is also known as Because of You 2020, the series was directed by Zero Chou. The series aired Friday & Saturday's on Line TV from the 14th of February and concluding on the 14th of March 2020, the series has 10 episodes.

Cast:
Lee Si Kang as Yuan Jun Cheng
 Google Images

Muji Hsu as Lin Xun
 Google Images

Will Chang as Yua Jun Dao
Google Images

Jerom Huang Alouf as Juan Jun Ping
 Google Images

Guo Yu Chen as Yang Xiang
 Google Images

Wells Su as Yan Yue
 Google Images

I love that the trailer gives nothing away but it definitely appeals to the people that love BL series'.
Check out the trailer below.

Growing up in a large, wealthy family, the three Yuan brothers never wanted for anything. Despite the three of them being only half brothers, the trio was incredibly close, their famillial bonds incredibly strong. Whatever the brothers faced, they always faced it together. But as they grow older, they began to realise that some things they couldn't share, especially when it came to the matters of the heart. Now older, Yuan Jun Cheng, Yuan Jun Dao, and Yuan Jun Ping have all felt the overwhelming tide of emotions that comes with love. But the journey that been anything but easy. Fighting against the sweeping tide of feelings that have continually beat against them. telling them things like "no", "impossible", and "cannot", the three brothers must find a way to overcome some of life's most difficult challenges, as they pursue that which the heart wants most of all; to be loved.


Google Images

I saw a snippet of one of the episodes through Viki's Facebook page, and I won't lie, I'm a sucker for BL series', so I knew I had to give this drama a watch. I thought the series was really short and sweet, with the episodes only being 20 minutes long. I really think they missed a trick by not making the series and episodes longer as I think they could have gotten a good story out of it. I would have loved to see how the Yuan brothers relationship change and grow more over the course of the series, as well as watching each of their romances blossom over time. One of the messages I got from the drama was that a man has to be strong and show no emotion, something that each of them learns that is a must and a need in life to feel happy and fulfilled.
I thought Lee Si Kang was really good in his role as Yuan Jun Cheng and will be checking out his other drama roles, I did find it odd that even though he seemed to grow up in Taiwan and moved back to South Korea where his mother was from that he mainly spoke in Korean, I'm assuming this is because Lee Si Kang doesn't speak Chinese, and to be honest I'd rather him speak Korean that him being dubbed over in Chinese. It just amused me that it seemed to be something they were all used to and just responded back to him in Chinese. I also thought it was funny that he was often demanding that they call him Hyung, because of his Korean background but honorifics are not used in Chinese culture.
I really enjoyed watching Muji Hsu portray Lin Xin, I thought his character and Yuan Jun Cheng really bounced off one another and I thought they really added the comedy to the series. I would have loved the series to explore his life more, and I loved that he was independent and showed that being in a family with money was not what made you or your life happy.
Will Chang as Yuan Jun Dao, for me was your typical jealous type, while he seems to be possessive over his friend, it's really down to the fact that he has deeper feelings for him, but because of how the Yuan brothers were raised, tries to hide it and say it's because he cares for his friend. He seems to be the only one willing to try and be close to their elder brother Jun Cheng, because they're family.
Guo Yu Chen was adorable as Yang Xiang, you can tell he has strong feelings for Jun Dao, but because he believes he's only seen as a friend tries to suppress his feelings, believing he's in an unrequited love. I also got the feeling that he was really timid, and didn't really like to get anyone into trouble even if they did try and force themselves on him.
Jerom Huang Alouf portraying Yuan Jun Ping, was really fun to watch, I got the feeling that he knew everyone liked him and he seemed to be really flirty, especially with his best friend. I thought his friendship blossomed into love. He also seemed to be someone that never lets anything go, we often saw him bring up how he was kidnapped and Jun Cheng being slow to try and get him back, he definitely holds a grudge.
I also thought Wells Su's character Yan Yue was very timid and also seemed to have an unrequited love with his best friend, something that nearly ruined his friendship when he was saying things about Jun Ping, to try and get his sister to back off him. 
I think the whole concept of this drama is seeing love and friendship grow between all of the characters. I definitely think if you're a fan of BL then you should give this series a watch, it's not too time consuming, while still being funny and making you want to watch the next episode to see how the series concludes, I'd happily sit and watch it again. And I will definitely be checking out all the casts other drama's as I think they all did an amazing job in their roles.
Google Images

Have you watched Because of You 2020?
Were you a fan of the cast?
Did you want the series to be longer?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment