Monday 27 April 2020

NCT 127 - Neo Zone

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Neo Zone is NCT 127's 2nd full length album, on the 27th of January 2020, it was announced that NCT 127 would be making a comeback with a brand new album, they also released a M/V as a gift for their fans for a song called 'Dreams Come True'.
Owned by SM Entertainment


On the 14th of February 2020, the Neo Zone Discovery #1 teaser images were released.













On the 15th of February 2020, the Neo Zone Discovery #2 teaser images were released.










 On the 19th of February 2020, 꿈 (Boom) Track Video #3, 백야 (White Night) Track Video #11, Sit Down Track Video #8, (白日夢) Day Dream Track Video # 5 and 메아리 (Love Me Now) Track Video #9 were released.
꿈 (Boom) Track Video #3
Owned by SM Entertainment
백야 (White Night) Track Video #11
Owned by SM Entertainment127
NCT 127
Sit Down Track Video #8
Owned by SM Entertainment
Day Dream (白日夢) Track Video # 5
Owned by SM Entertainment
메아리 (Love Me Now) Track Video #9
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 20th of February 2020, 우산 (Love Song) Track Video #10, Elevator (127F) Track Video #1, 뿔 (Mad Dog) Track Video #7, 낮잠 (Pandora's Box) Track Video #4, Not Alone Track Video #12 and Dreams Come True Track Video #13 were released.
우산 (Love Song) Track Video #10
Owned by SM Entertainment
Elevator (127F) Track Video #1
Owned by SM Entertainment
낮잠 (Pandora's Box) Track Video #4
Owned by SM Entertainment
Not Alone Track Video #12
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 26th of February 2020, the Neo Zone Discovery #3 group teaser image was released.
On the 27th of February 2020, the Neo Zone Discovery #3 teaser images were released for Taeil, Johnny and Taeyong.





 On the 1st of March 2020, the Neo Zone Discovery #3 teaser images were released for Yuta, Doyoung ans Jaehyun.





On the 2nd of March 2020, the Neo Zone Discovery #3 teaser images were released for Jungwoo, Mark and Haechan.





On the 3rd of March 2020, the 영웅 (Kick It) M/V teaser was releaed.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 4th of March the M/V for title track 영웅 (Kick It) premiered.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 5th of March 2020, the 영웅 (Kick It) The Stage (Squad & Fighter Ver.) was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 6th of March 2020, NCT 127's 2nd full length album Neo Zone was released both physically and digitally. Two days later on the 8th of March, the videos for The Stage (Squad Ver.) and The Stage (Fighter Ver.) were released.
Squad Ver.
Owned by SM Entertainment

NC
Fighter Ver.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 13th of March 2020, the 영웅 (Kick It) Dance Practice was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment

Finally on the 19th of March 2020, the 영웅 (Kick It) Performance Video was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment

According to Alexis Hodoyan-Gastelum of Consequence of Sound, NCT 127's Neo Zone is the group at their best. It "checks off all the boxes when it comes to playing to their strengths, which include vocal versatility, a diversified selection of hip-hop and R&B jams, and giving fans a fun good time".

Neo Zone debuted at No.5 on the Billboard 200 with 87,000 album-equivalent units, including 83,000 pure album sales. It is their highest charting album.
영웅 (Kick It) won NCT 127 1 music show trophy, winning first place on Music Bank.

Taeyong, Mark and Johnny co-wrote on 낮잠 (Pandora's Box) and 우산 (Love Song).
Both Taeyong and Mark co-wrote on 뿔 (Mad Dog).

Neo Zone peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.3 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.34 on the Official UK Digital Albums Chart, No.5 on the Billboard 200 and No.1 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
748,000+
Oricon Sales:
16,126+
US Sales:
87,000+
Giving the album a total of 851,126+ combined sales so far.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 영웅 (Kick It) has so far gained 39,099,430 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

Neo Zone is released in 3 versions: N, C & T, the T version was released a little after the albums release.
Both of the N and C versions are set out in a plastic slip case and come with the Cd, photo book, lyric booklet, post card set, folded poster, sticker sheet, random photo card and random circle card. Both of the photo books and products inside are different, but are version specific.
The T version is set out in a clear bag and comes with the Cd, photo book, sticker sheet, mini sticker set, lenticular card, folded poster, random photo card and random circle card.

Track List:
Elevator (127F)
영웅 (Kick It)
꿈 (Boom)
낮잠 (Pandora's Box)
Day Dream (白日夢)
Interlude: Neo Zone
뿔 (Mad Dog)
Sit Down
메아리 (Love Me Now)
우산 (Love Song)
백야 (White Night)
Not Alone
Dreams Come True

C Version






















































T Version

















































































I have both the C and T versions of the album, I think the layout of both versions is pretty good, I prefer the photo book for the T versions but I prefer to have a separate lyric book like the C version has. I was surprised with how different the albums were in size, which made me see why the T version was released at a later date. I love that the photo book for the T version has a mixture of glossy and matte pages for the pictures, as well as a lot of different concepts, it's such a pretty photo book.
The album itself, I think is NCT 127 at their best, each track is different, and compared to past albums I think it's a little more mellow on a whole, showing that they can change up their concept and do softer music just as well as their usual go hard or go home tracks. This is definitely a new direction for the boys.
I love the melody for Elevator (127F), I'd happily stand and ride the elevator for the length of the song if it was playing. I love how all their voices have a softness to them to match with the beat and melody of the music. Towards the end it reminds me of one of their past songs, which makes it a memorable track.
Elevator (127F)

Now I have to say that 영웅 (Kick It) is my favourite title track from NCT 127. There is just nothing about this song that I dislike. I love the vocals, I love the raps, I love the chorus, I love the music. I love the changes in the song when they're leaving the verses and moving into the chorus, and Taeil's high note is just to die for.
영웅 (Kick It)

I'm in love with 꿈 (Boom) and I have been since I heard it, I love the softness of the verses and I love how soft and laid back the chorus is. I definitely think this song has calming abilities, it's soothing and refreshing. For me this song shows that all the members have a softness to their voices and can sing with that softness and show they're not just one-trick ponies.
꿈 (Boom)

For me 낮잠 (Pandora's Box) is a new sound for NCT 127, I love their harmonisation in the chorus. I think all their vocals really add to the melody behind them, and I think they've created a whole new meaning to Pandora's Box.
낮잠 (Pandora's Box)

Just from the first few seconds of Day Dream (白日夢), you just know it's going to live up to it's name. I personally think this track was made for Taeil, Doyoung, Jaehyun, Jungwoo and Yuta, for me their voices really stand out in this song. For me this is such a dreamy song and gives you a sense of warmth, love and makes you feel calm and relaxed. This is really a beautiful song and one that makes me feel happy.
Day Dream (白日夢)

I think Interlude: Neo Zone, really breaks down the album, taking us from a dreamlike state and getting us hyped up ready for the next song.
Interlude: Neo Zone

Now we have one of my favourite tracks on the album 뿔 (Mad Dog), this for me is the new Mad City. Taeyong and Mark are no doubt the most popular and the most pushed members of NCT and I think this song shows exactly why. When I saw that this song was performed by Taeyong, Mark, Doyoung and Taeil it took me right back to 나쁜 짓 (Baby Don't Like It), and how different both the songs are but showing at the same time how well they perform together. I love the music and I love how everything blends together, this is Mark and Taeyong at their best.
뿔 (Mad Dog)

Another song I'm love with on this album is Sit Down, I think this song could be something towards their haters, who compare them to other groups, and judge them on their sound, which for me has always been different from them. It's their way of saying they'll do it their way, take it or leave, get in or get out. I absolutely love the chorus and I love how Taeyong says sit down, and I also love Johnny's talking part right after the chorus.
Sit Down

Another of my favourite songs is 메아리 (Love Me Now), there's something about this melody and the song on a whole that I love. For me the members don't stand out individually, they stand out as a group, I love the build up to the chorus and I love the chorus itself, the adlibs are breathtaking and shows how amazing their vocalists are. Every member has a part in this song that I'm in love with, I could happily sit and listen to this song all day everyday.
메아리 (Love Me Now)

I think the lyrics for 우산 (Love Song) are really quite cute but at the same time reminds me of those Korean drama's that have rain and umbrella scenes, that are quite awkward and cheesy. It gives me the sense of them being happy and in love while also being nervous at the same time, from being so close to the one they love. I think the melody for this song seems really simple which makes the lyrics and their voices really stand out, it really seems like a cute and innocent track.
우산 (Love Song)

NCT 127 and ballads is not something you normally tend to see together, but 백야 (White Night) shows that they can slow it down and each one of them bring beauty to a ballad. There's something about this song that brings a tear to my eyes, it's slow and soft and heartwarming at the same time. The main thing I love about this song is that we know that Taeyong's main strength and where he seems to be more comfortable is with his rapping, in this song we get to hear him step away for him comfort zone and show how sweet his voice is when he sings.
백야 (White Night)

Just looking at the lyrics for Not Alone, it makes me think this is a song for NCTzen, NCTzen make them realise that they can reach their dreams and that they're not alone in doing it, and at the same time saying that they will be beside NCTzen in whatever they want to achieve also. I think this song is heartwarming and makes me feel happy, even though it's a slow song it doesn't make you feel sad.
Not Alone

I think Dreams Come True is the perfect song to end this album with, they're starting to achieve the things they probably never thought they'd get to achieve or do. It's like they're talking to their past selves and saying it will be okay, you'll get there and do it. It's also like they're telling the listener that they can achieve their dreams too, and to believe in themselves.

Dreams Come True

I can't wait NCT 127 to comeback in May, and hear the new tracks that are part of their repackaged album. I'm glad I've followed NCT since their debut as I think this album shows how much they've grown as a group, as well as seeing how far some of the members have come with their vocals. I'm glad the world is opening up for them as they really deserve it. This album really is their best album so far, one thing I've learnt with NCT is that they never put out a bad album, all their b-sides are always worthy of being title tracks, and Neo Zone is no different.

Are you a fan of Neo Zone?
What were your first thoughts on 영웅 (Kick It)?
Do you have a physical copy of the album?
Which version did you choose?
Do you have a favourite track on the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment