Monday 28 December 2020

NCT - NCT 2020 Resonance Pt. 1

Hello

안녕하세요 

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは 

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


NCT 2020 Resonance pt. 1 is the first of NCT's second full length album as a whole group. The NCT 2020 project is a continuation from their NCT 2018 Empathy release, which sees all the NCT units come together, this time including WayV and introducing new members Sungchan and Shotaro.

On the 21st of September 2020, the Interlude: Resonance Video was released.

Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 22nd of September 2020, the NCT 2020 YearParty Video was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 25th of September 2020, The Past & Future - Ether Video was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 28th of September 2020, the teaser images were released for Taeyong, Jeno, Jungwoo, Ten, Shotaro and Sungchan.













On the 29th of September 2020, teaser images for Winwin, Mark, Doyoung, Jaemin, Yangyang and Chenle were released.












On the 30th of September 2020, the teaser images for Lucas, Johnny, Kun, Taeil, Hendery and Jisung were released.












On the 1st of October 2020, the teaser images for Jaehyun, Xiaojun, Renjun, Yuta and Haechan were released.









On the 8th of October 2020, the 무대로 (Deja Vu) track video was released, along with the teaser images.
Owned by SM Entertainment













On the 9th of October 2020, the Misfit track video was released, along with teaser images.













On the 10th of October 2020, the Make A Wish (Birthday Song) M/V teaser was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 11th of October 2020, the teaser images were released for Make A Wish (Birthday Song).















On the 12th of October 2020, the Make A Wish (Birthday Song) M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of Resonance Pt. 1.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 18th of October 2020, the From Home M/V teaser was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 19th of October 2020, the From Home M/V was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 20th of October 2020, the Make A Wish (Birthday Song) Dance Practice was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 30th of October 2020,the From Home Live Practice was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment

Hours before the albums release, it was announced that NCT 2020 Resonance Pt. 1 had garnered more than 1.12 million pre-orders making it the first million-selling album without counting a repackaged album by NCT.
On the 6th of November 2020, SM Entertainment announced that as of the 5th of November, NCT 2020 Resonance Pt. 1 had officially sold 1,428,765 million copies, marking a new personal sales record for the group.

Make A Wish (Birthday Song) won a total of 3 music show trophies, winning 1 trophy on Show Champion, 1 trophy M Countdown and 1 trophy on Music Bank.

Jaehyun co-wrote on 'Dancing In The Rain'.

Resonance Pt. 1 peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.2 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.36 on the Official UK Digital Albums Chart, No.6 on the Billboard 200, No.5 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.1 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 1,272,389+
Oricon Sales = 66,359+
Chinese Sales = 110,341+
US Sales = 40,000+
Total sales 1,489,089+ so far.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Make A Wish (Birthday Song) has so far gained 129,141,387 million views, with the views continuing to rise rapidly on a daily basis.
The M/V for From Home has so far gained 47,896,208 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

Resonance Pt. 1 is released in 2 versions: Past & Future.
Both versions are set out in a paperback book style case and comes with the Cd, photo book, random folded poster, lyric paper, random photo card and a random yearbook card.
The photo books for both versions are different.

Track List:
Make A Wish (Birthday Song)
Misfit
Volcano
백열등 (Light Bulb)
Dancing In The Rain
Interlude: Past to Present
무대로 (Deja Vu; 舞代路)
月之迷 (Nectar)
Music, Dance
피아노 (Faded In My Last Song)
From Home
From Home (Korean Ver.)

Past Version

























































































Future Version


















































































I was extremely excited when it was announced that NCT were coming back as a whole group again, it meant not only could I see WayV officially a part of NCT, but also see WinWin and Ten reunited with the NCT members, we also got 2 adorable and talented new members, giving NCT 23 members in total.
The layout of the album is pretty simple, but I do get a little nervous that how the pages are connected is a little flimsy, but I do prefer it as it's easier to look through the photo book.
The album tracks as expected from NCT are amazing, and give out different vibes, there may be some members that are used more than others, but with a large number of members, I wonder how they chose who would be part of what song.
There's something about Make A Wish (Birthday Song) that just leads me into a trance, and makes me stop whatever I'm doing. I love the melody, the vocals and the raps, I can't help but sing along, even with the whistling.
Make A Wish (Birthday Song)

I fell in love with Misfit right from the little M/V we were given teasing it, I was blown away by Sungchan's rap and it's made me really excited to see him in a future unit. Mark as always took off the roof, Sungchan and Mark definitely have my favourite parts of this track.
Misfit

Volcano gives me Boss vibes and I love that they reunited the Boss unit to sing this track. I love hearing this track as it takes me back to 2018 and the introduction of Jungwoo and Lucas.
Volcano

The melody for 백열등 (Light Bulb) Really reminds me of a past NCT track, that aside, I absolutely love this track. I especially love the vocals, Kun and Doyoung's voices sound gorgeous against the melody. The contrast between the soft vocals and stronger raps really make this song stand out.
백열등 (Light Bulb)

I love songs that have a older sound like the 40's etc, my favourite Christmas song was originally released in the 40's, which is where I think my love for it comes from, so when Dancing In The Rain started, I fell in love. I love that they've tried to make a song that sounds like a classic, but still giving it that modern NCT feel.
Dancing In The Rain

If there was going to be a song that was just music that would give off that NCT vibe it's Interlude: Past To Present.
Interlude: Past To Present

무대로 (Deja Vu; 舞代路) is Mark's return as a member of NCT Dream, I absolutely love this track, it definitely has Dream vibes.
무대로 (Deja Vu;舞代路)

There's something about WayV for me that gives them a different presence to the other NCT units, for me they are able to pull off a more sultry sound, which makes them stand out and 月之迷 (Nectar) is definitely one of those songs.
月之迷 (Nectar)

I never thought I'd say this about either NCT or NCT 127 but Music, Dance just doesn't do it for me. While I refuse to hit that skip button, it's not a track for me that's memorable from the album, it actually leaves me feeling underwhelmed. This actually their first track I've been disappointed with since their debut.
Music, Dance
heesung biased

Faded In My Last Song is one of my favourite tracks from this album, for me this track was made for Renjun & Haechan's vocals. I love the melody and I love the build-up to the chorus and the chorus itself. This song for me is just pure perfection and I'm glad it's this group of people that got to shine singing this track.
Faded In My Last Song

We're now onto the final track for this post and my overall favourite track from the album, this song is just a masterpiece, from the melody, the vocals and the fact that it's sung in Korean, Chinese and Japanese, it really shows how united NCT really are. This song never fails to make me cry, the song with the M/V and the Thank You's always makes me emotional, I've been with NCT since NCT U debuted, and this song really hits home that I've watched each one of them debut, some more than others. NCTzen will forever be the home of NCT, just like NCT will be a home for NCTzen.
From Home

NCT have had a busy year this year, NCT 127 had 2 comebacks, WayV had a comeback, NCT Dream had a comeback, Taeyong, Mark, Ten & Lucas made a comeback with SuperM, and finally the NCT units joined forces to bring us NCT 2020, also while doing a Europe tour with SuperM, as well as online concerts as 127, Dream, WayV and NCT 2020, all whilst in the midst of a pandemic. I hope they get a break before they start up again, nevertheless, I'm still excited to see what they all return with and possibly a new unit debut with Sungchan and Shotaro.

Were you a fan of Resonance Pt. 1?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version did you choose?
What were your thoughts on Make A Wish (Birthday Song), From Home, Misfit and 무대로 (Deja Vu; 舞代路)?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment