Saturday 17 October 2020

Taiwanese Drama - The Victims' Game

 Hello

안녕하세요 

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは 

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)

Google Images

The Victims' Game is a Taiwanese Netflix Original thriller series directed by David Chuang and Allen Chen. The series was released on the 30th of April 2020 and contains 8 episodes.

Cast:
Joseph Chang as Fang Yi-Jen
Google Images

Ann Hsu as Hsu Hai-Yin
Google Images

Jason Wang as Chao Cheng-Kuan
Google Images

Ruby Lin as Li Ya-Jun
Google Images

River Huang as Yu Cheng-Hao
Google Images

Moon Lee as Chiang Hsiao-Meng
Google Images

Ning Ding as Su Ke-Yun
Google Images

Rexen Cheng as Zhunag Bing-Yao
Google Images

Chen Chia-Kuei as Zhang Cong-Jian
Google Images

Joseph Hsia as Xia Jing-Ting
Google Images

Nian Xian Ma as Hui Zi
Google Images

Chang Tsai-Hsing as Xiao Liao
Google Images

Diane Lin as Chen Yu-Xuan
Google Images

Hong Sheng De as Sun Yong-Zhen
Google Images

In September 2020, it was announced that the series was getting a 2nd season, and it's scheduled for release in 2022.

I'll now share with you some of the songs I like from the OST.
Karencici - One Who Will (Find Me)

Nauledge Huang - No Regrets

After discovering his estranged daughters link to mysterious murders, a forensic detective with Asperger's Syndrome risks everything to solve the case.

I'm a big fan of the horror, thriller and suspense genre's with both films and drama's, so when this appeared on Netflix I couldn't help but add it to my viewing list and give it a watch. 
I was expecting it to have me on edge, holding my breath and in suspense on if they case would be solved, while in reality it was all those things, this drama has a more deeper meaning to it, which by the end of the series had me applauding and crying. Without giving too much away about this drama, all I will say is nothing is what it seems.
The casting for me was top notch, Joseph Chang as Fang Yi-Jen has to be my favourite from this drama, without even knowing any of his past works, you can see he gives his roles his all and pulls them off extremely well. I couldn't help feel sorry for Fang Yi-Jen as everyone looked at him as he was a freak, just because he's different from everyone else.
I thought Ann Hsu did an amazing job in her role as Hsu Hai-Yin, the series starts off with her being hard-faced and only out to get a good story, but as more unfolds, we get to see her past and how these murders affect her in her personal life and we even get to see her grow in her personal life as well as her career as a reporter.
Ruby Lin had me on edge as her character Li Ya-Jun, she has a warped idea of justice, and believes what she is doing is right and should be praised, I definitely think a switch is triggered in her mental state, but there are people around that will agree with her motives and applaud her for her style of justice.
If I'm not mistaken Moon Lee is a new and upcoming actress and to take a roll like Chiang Hsiao-Meng proves that she's not scared of the roles she takes, I personally think she's brave for taking on such a roll as her role is dark and upsetting, but I think it's something that needs to be seen as there are many children, teenagers, young adults that feel the way she does about her family and circumstances, she's definitely not had it easy.
While I've only mentioned 4 of the actors from this cast, I'm in no way saying they are ones worth talking about, they're just the ones that made more of an impact on me. Each cast member and Victim has a different story and background, they all want to be remembered for different things and some will go to any lengths to get what they want.

I sincerely recommend watching this drama, it has everything you want from a thriller and suspense drama and so much more.

Have you watched The Victims' Game?
Were you a fan of the cast?
Did you enjoy the script and plot?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment