Hello
안녕하세요
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)
I've only really ever made small tarts like jam tarts, coconut tarts and cherry Bakewell's. So making a larger tart was something new to me. I'm not even sure why I decided to bake this tart, but I'm glad I did. This is a recipe from Jane's Patisserie, so I knew it would be a good recipe.
Let's get baking!
Ingredients:
Biscuit Base
300g digestive biscuits
150g unsalted butter
Berry Mix
300g frozen berry mix
100g caster sugar
1 tbsp cornflour
100ml water
White Chocolate Ganache
300g white chocolate
100ml double cream
50g unsalted butter
Decoration
pomegranate seeds
grated chocolate
Put your biscuits in a blender and blitz to make a fine crumb, or bash them in a bowl into a fine crumb.
On a low heat, melt the butter in a separate bowl, I just melt in in a small pan.
Add the butter to the biscuits and combine together.
Once combined, press into the base and sides of a 9" tart tin. I use a loose bottom tin.
Next, add the berry mix, sugar, cornflour and water to a pan.
Heat on a low-medium heat for about 5-10 minutes to soften the fruit and mash it down and mix together.
Pour the mixture onto the biscuit base and leave to cool for 15 minutes, before putting into the fridge for an hour to set, before adding the ganache.
For the white chocolate ganache, add the chocolate, cream and butter to another bowl and melt together on a low heat until smooth.
Once smooth, pour over the cooled berries, and leave the tart to set for a couple of hours.
Once set, decorate as you wish, and serve. I used grated white chocolate and pomegranate seeds.
I wish I'd let this set a little longer as both the fruit and chocolate drooped slightly once cut.
Apart from being slightly under-set, the flavour was really nice and very moreish. I thought the pomegranate seeds worked perfectly, giving a bit of extra texture.
I'd happily make this again and leave it a lot longer to set.
While a recipe like this can be daunting to some, it's actually really easy to make and doesn't require a lot of time and skill to make.
If you would like to follow the original recipe for this berry tart, then head over to the White Chocolate Berry Tart recipe page on the Jane's Patisseries website.
See you soon!
안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye
























No comments:
Post a Comment