Monday 26 September 2022

BTS - PROOF

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


I can't believe it's been 2 years since I shared a post about a BTS album, and what better album to share than their 1st anthology album PROOF. This is also their final release as a group, as they take a break from releasing music as a group, and focusing on their individual releases.

On the 16th of April 2022, the We Are Bulletproof video was released.
Owned by Big Hit Music
On the 4th of May 2022, the PROOF Logo Trailer was released.
Owned by Big Hit Music
BANGTANTV
Between the 9th and 11th of May 2022, the track list for the album was released.

Between the 17th and 23rd of May 2022, the Proof of Inspiration Videos were released.
Then between the 28th and 29th of May 2022, the Proof Concept Photo's were released.









Between the 31st of May and the 2nd of June 2022, the Door Concept Photo's were released.













On the 8th of June 2022, the Yet To Come (The Most Beautiful Moment) M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by Big Hit Music
On the 10th of June 2022, the Yet To Come (The Most Beautiful Moment) M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of PROOF.
Owned by Big Hit Music

On the albums release day alone, the album had sold over 2 million copies worldwide.
The album also contains a selection of title tracks, B-sides and demos, with the demos being Cd only, as well as a few new tracks.

Yet To Come (The Most Beautiful Moment) has so far won a total of 9 music show trophies, with 2 wins on Show Champion, 3 wins on M Countdown, 2 wins on Music Bank and 2 wins on Inkigayo.

PROOF peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.1 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.8 on the Official UK Albums Chart, No.1 on the Billboard 200 Chart and No.1 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 1,957,410+
Oricon Sales = 537,659+
US Sales = 266,000+
Giving the album so far a total of 3,761,069+ in sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Yet To Come (The Most Beautiful Moment) has so far gained 128,934,274 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

PROOF was released in 2 versions: Standard and Compact.
The Standard Edition is set out in a box case and comes with the Cd's, the art pf proof booklet, photograph booklet, epilogue booklet, lyrics, photo card set A, random photo card B, a random postcard and a poster (first-press only).
The Compact Edition is set out like a jewel case design and comes with the Cd's, booklet, random photo card, a random postcard and a mini poster.

Track List:
Cd 1
Born Singer
No More Dream
N.O
상남자 (Boy In Luv)
Danger
I Need U
Run
불타오르네 (Fire)
피 땀 눈물 (Blood Sweat & Tears)
봄날 (Spring Day)
DNA
Fake Love
Idol
작은 것들을 위한 시 (Boy With Luv)
On
Dynamite
Life Goes On
Butter
Yet To Come (The Most Beautiful Moment)

Cd 2
달려라 방탄 (Run BTS)
Intro: Persona
Stay
Moon
Jamais Vu
Trivia 轉: Seesaw
BTS Cypher Pt. 3: Killer
Outro: Ego
Her
Filter
친구 (Friends)
Singularity
00:00 (Zero O'Clock)
Euphoria
보조개 (Dimple)

Cd 3 (Physical Only)
Jump (Demo Version)
애매한 사이 (Young Love)
Boy in Luv (Demo Version)
따옴표 (Quotation Mark)
I Need U (Demo Version)
흥탄소년단 (Boyz with Fun) (Demo Version)
Tony Montana (Agust D & Jimin)
Young Forever (RM Demo Version)
Spring Day (V Demo Version)
DNA (J-Hope Demo Version)
Epiphany (Jin Demo Version)
Seesaw (Demo Version)
Still with You (a cappella performed by Jungkook)
For Youth



























To save this post from being extremely long because it's an anthology album and contains a lot of songs that I've already talked about in previous posts, I will only go more in depth for the tracks I've not posted about before and I will link the other songs to their related post.
I have the compact edition of the album and I think the packaging is quite plain and simple for BTS, which I really like because it doesn't deter from what's actually on the album.
I love the little photo booklet, I think it keeps with the albums design and is simple, making the members stand out as they should, just like their music. I also love the little booklet that shows each of their releases, along with a little description of each, I have to admit I did get a little tearful looking through it as it shows how far they've come and what they've wanted to portray through each of their releases.
The album itself is just full of all and new tracks and takes you on the musical journey of BTS, I especially love CD 3 which is mainly full of demo's of their previous songs, I love hearing what they sounded like before they made their final edits.

I'd personally never heard Born Singer until this album was released and I definitely think it's the perfect track to open this album with, I love that they adapted an already released song to fit their own words and message.
Born Singer

No More Dream comes from their debut single album 2 Cool 4 Skool released the 12th of June 2013.

N.O is taken from their 1st mini album O! RUL8 2? which was released on the 11th of September 2013.

상남자 (Boy in Luv) is taken from their 2nd mini al bum Skool Luv Affair, which was released on the 12th of February 2014.

Danger is taken from their 1st full length album Dark & Wild, which was released on the 19th of August 2014. This was my first BTS album bought 7 and a half years ago and still remains to be one of my favourite BTS albums as well as one of my favourite title tracks.

I NEED U is where everything began to change for BTS and it's taken from their 3rd mini album The Most Beautiful Moment in Life Part 1, which was released on the 29th of April 2015.

Run is taken from their 4th mini album The Most Beautiful Moment in life Part 2, which was released on the 30th of November 2015.

불타오르네 (Fire) is taken from their 1st compilation album The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Young Forever, which was released on the 2nd of May 2016.

피 땀 눈물 (Blood Sweat & Tears) is taken from their 2nd full length album Wings and it's the album that officially changed everything for BTS, they really took flight and began to soar to new heights. It was also the 1st album to officially chart in the UK. The album was released on the 10th of October 2016.

봄날 (spring Day) is taken from their 1st extension album for their album Wings titled You Never Walk Alone. This album was released on the 14th of February 2017.

DNA is taken from their 5th mini album Love Yourself 承 Her, which was released on the 18th of September 2017. This was the first album to officially be released physically in the UK upon release day.

Fake Love is taken from their 3rd full length album Love Yourself: 轉 Tear, which was released on the 18th of May 2018.

Idol is taken from their 2nd compilation album Love Yourself 結 Answer, which was released on the 24th of August 2018.

작은 것들을 위한 시 (Boy With Luv) (Feat. Halsey) is taken from their 6th mini album Map of the Soul: Persona, which was released on the 12th of April 2019.

ON is taken from their 4th full length album Map of the Soul: 7, which was released on the 21st of February 2020.

I was in 2 minds when I heard that BTS would be releasing and English single, but credit where credit is due. Dynamite is such a catchy song and was initially released to brighten the dark and hard times we were all going through while the Covid-19 pandemic was in full swing. It's a song that as soon as it starts you're singing along and I think it's the first song that comes to mind for non-K-pop fans when you mention BTS.
Dynamite
Owned by Big Hit Labels

Life Goes On is taken from their album Be and was released during the Covid-19 pandemic. This song is really pretty and relaxing. When I listen to it makes me think about how far we've come since everything shut down to try and stop the spread of Covid-19. The song really suggests for me how now matter what is happening, life goes on and nothing should stop us from doing and achieving what we want. Be is the only album that I am yet still to physically own and it was released on the 20th of November 2020.
Life Goes On

Butter sounds modern while having old-skool vibes, and it's their 2nd English track. I'm always very aware when BTS release English tracks because I remember saying they didn't want to and didn't intend on releasing a full English album, which I respect, I don't want BTS to release an English album, that's not why I love them and their music.
Butter
Owned by Big Hit Labels

Yet To Come (The Most Beautiful Moment) still makes me smile whenever I listen to it. I love the contrast between the vocals and the raps, it really makes the lyrics stand out. Whenever I listen to this track it makes me relive the past 7 and a half years listening to their music and I think it really embodies their past, present and their future.
Yet To Come (The Most Beautiful Moment)
Owned by Big Hit Labels

I absolutely love and adore 달려라 방탄 (Run BTS), for me this song takes me right back to their older sound which I loved. I love everything about this track and as usual the contrast between vocals and raps is perfect.
달려라 방탄 (Run BTS)

Intro: Persona is taken from their Map of the Soul: Persona album and it's the track that opens the album.

Stay is taken from the Be album and is the 7th song on album and is performed by RM, Jin and Jungkook. I love the melody for this song and even if he's not my bias, I always love hearing Jin's vocals shine. This song was a perfect song to be released during the Covid-19 pandemic, it's so upbeat.
Stay

Moon is taken from the Map of the Soul: 7 album, not only is this my favourite Jin solo track, it's also one of my favourite BTS b-side tracks, it's the 16th track on the album

Jamais Vu is taken from their Map of the Soul: Persona album, it's the 6th track on the album and is performed by Jin, J-Hope and Jungkook.

Trivia 轉: Seesaw is taken from their Love Yourself 結 Answer, it's the 11th track on the album and performed by Suga. I love this song, it's one of my favourite Suga solo's.

BTS Cypher Pt. 3: Killer is taken from their Dark & Wild album, it's the 7th track on the album and is performed by RM, Suga and J-Hope as well as featuring Supreme Boi. It's one of my favourites from that album.

Outro: Ego is taken from their Map of the Soul: 7, it's the 19th track on the album and is performed by J-Hope.

Her is taken from their Love Yourself 承 Her, it's the 9th track on the album and is performed by RM, Suga and J-Hope.

Filter is taken from the Map of the Soul: 7, it's the 8th track on the album and is performed by Jimin.

친구 (Friends) is taken from their Map of the Soul: 7 album and is the 15th track on the album. It's performed by V and Jimin.

Singularity is taken from their Love Yourself: 轉 Tear album, it's the 1st track on the album and is performed by V.

00:00 (Zero O'Clock) is taken from their Map of the Soul: 7 album, it's the 13th track on the album and is performed by the vocal line, which is Jin, V, Jimin and Jungkook.

Euphoria is taken from their Love Yourself 結 Answer, it's the 1st track on the album and is performed by Jungkook.

보조개 (Dimple) is taken from their Love Yourself 承 Her, it's the 4th track on the album and is performed by the vocal which is Jin, V. Jimin and Jungkook.

I love how For Youth starts with ARMY, it really brings home how far they've come in their career. For the past 7 and a half years, I've watched these 7 guys and grow not only as a group but also as individuals, so for me this track hits home, especially for the fact that Kookie was still 18 when I started listening to BTS, he turned 19 that year. This song from start to finish is a perfect and emotional journey.
For Youth

Now let me share with you the Cd only demo tracks.

Jump (Demo Version) made it's way onto the Skool Luv Affair album, I love how different it sounds with just RM and Suga.
Jump (Demo Version)

The release of Proof was the first time I'd heard 애매한 사이 (Young Love), performed by RM and Jungkook. it's such a sweet song and takes me back to their earlier albums like Skool Luv Affair
애매한 사이 (Young Love)

상남자 (Boy In Luv) (Demo Version) sounds really odd when you're used to final version that was released, they definitely edited it to perfection, you can tell something is missing and the final release shows that.
상남자 (Boy In Luv) (Demo Version)

따옴표 (Quotation Mark) is another song that's new for me, it gives me old-skool BTS vibes.
따옴표 (Quotation Mark)

We all know the power that I NEED U holds, but the I NEED U (Demo Version), shows how amazing and emotional it was even before we got the final release. But for me personally it's all about the I NEED U that got released.
I NEED U (Demo Version)

흥탄소년단 (Boyz With Fun) (Demo Version) made it's way onto The Most Beautiful Moment in Life Part 1 album, and I love how not much of the song was tweaked for the album, it's still as amazing as a demo that it is on the actual album.
흥탄소년단 (Boyz With Fun) (Demo Version)

Tony Montana originally appears on Suga's first digital album as Agust D featuring Yankie, so hearing it be performed with Jimin shows a new side to not only the track but also to Jimin. Jimin is known for his unique voice and vocal tones, so it's nice to hear his voice on a darker track.
Tony Montana Feat. Jimin
af taehyungMARMENiO

I absolutely adore the Young Forever (RM Demo Version), this track is just as stunning and beautiful as the final version that ended up on the The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Young Forever album. I hope one day we get a full studiou release of this track from RM.
Young Forever (RM Demo Version)

As we all know Spring Day became a stand out song for BTS and the 봄날 (Spring Day) (V Demo Version) is just as stand out as the version we got, if for me even better.
봄날 (Spring Day) (V Demo Version)

For me DNA is a song that I've loved since it's release, but there's something about DNA (J-Hope Demo Version). Out of all the demo versions we got on this album, I loved this one the most and I think I loved it just as much as the version we got, if not better. I want an official release of this song.
DNA (J-Hope Demo Version)

While I love that Epiphany was featured on the Love Yourself 結 Answer album, the Epiphany (Jin Demo Version) definitely hits differently. I know Jin used to be really self conscious when it came to his English, but this demo shows that he had nothing to worry about with his pronunciation. That being said I'm definitely more for the released version.
Epiphany (Jin Demo Version)

Seesaw is one of my favourite tracks on Love Yourself 結 Answer and hearing the Seesaw (Demo Version) makes me love it all so much more, this instrumental is absolutely stunning. I think it shows that while Suga's roots started with hip-hop, his real love is just music in general.
Seesaw (Demo Version)

We close this up with Still With You (A cappella Version) performed by Jungkook, and if you have any doubts on Kookie's vocals, then this song is perfect for you. His voice is just pure melody and I could listen to him all day long.
Still With You (A Cappella Version)

I tried to make this post as short as possible for you, but this album is just too good to not share every song with you. This album really takes you on a journey throughout their career and if you're new to BTS, this is definitely a perfect album to start with as there's something from each album, although I am a little gutted 쩔어 (Dope) doesn't appear as that was my first BTS song.
I can't wait to see what the members are going to do as they start individual paths.

Were you a fan of Proof?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on Yet To Come (The Most Beautiful Moment) as the title track?
Do you have a favourite title track from their career?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me kow in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye
HYBE LA

No comments:

Post a Comment