Friday 23 September 2022

Japanese Drama - Mr. Unlucky Has No Choice But To Kiss

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)

Google Images

Mr. Unlucky Ha No Choice But To Kiss is a 2022 Japanese BL drama written by Kanasugi Hiroko and directed by Yoshino Mamoru.
The series is adapted from the manga "Fukou-Kun Wa Kiss Suru Shika Nai by Tsuyu Gamoko.
The series contains 8 episodes and aired between the 21st of April 2022 and the 10th of June 2022.

Main Cast:
Sota Ryosuke as Fukuhara Kota
Google Images

Sato Yusuke as Shinomiya Naoya
Google Images

Supporting Cast:
Nakayama Satsuki as Sasaki Mugi
Google Images

Oshida Gaku as Tsujimura Saku
Google Images

Hata Mei as Miki
Google Images

Hanamura Asuka as Anna
Google Images

Matsuda Yoji as Kawahara
Google Images

Takahashi Kensuke as Yashiro
Google Images

Tsubone Yuto as Minato
Google Images

Bhandari Asaya as Itsuki
Google Images

The shows opening song has been added to my favourite songs on my Spotify, and it often comes on as part of my Daily Mix 1, as well as my Japanese Daily Mix.
Octpath - Perfect
OCTPATH

Fukuhara Kota is a bumbling college student who is plagued by terrible luck. Although he never gets down about it, you can bet if something could possibly go wrong when he's around, it almost certainly will!
One day he is about to walk in front of a car and end up in a traffic accident when he is saved by a fellow college student named Naoya Shinomiya. The latter is Kota's polar opposite; his "problem" is that he is "cursed" with endless good fortune.
Kota is grateful for Naoya's assistance, and tries to ask his new acquaintance to be his friend - but phrases his request badly and accidently leads Naoya to believe he is asking for them to be lovers. The "lucky" Naoya surprisingly agrees and the duo embarks on an unorthodox relationship.
Will Kota's chaos bring a taste for the unknown into Naoya's life? And will romance bring spell the end of Kota's bad luck?

I think we all know by now that I'm a sucker for a BL drama, and while I enjoyed watching this drama, for me I felt that it was missing something, maybe it because it seemed a little rushed, and I didn't feel like the ending gave me much closure.
I loved the cast, I thought they did an amazing job, I'd love to see Sota Ryosuke in a more serious role, to see how his acting skills really are because I don't think we got to see much of his acting skills in this drama as Kota because he was always having to be upbeat. Which at times I will admit got a little repetitive and boring. I loved Naoya as a character, I felt we saw more growth and background for his character compared to Kota, and I loved watching Sato Yusuke playing him, I'd also love to check out more of his dramas.
I felt this drama seemed more modern compared to other BL dramas that I've watched in that it seemed more accepting to be gay, in the way that even though Kota was the typical but I'm a guy, I have to like other girls, their friends could tell there was feelings between the two leads and were trying to encourage those feelings. I also love that by the end there also seems to be a hint of girls love, so this drama doesn't just stick to the whole boys only love interest for it's characters.
Overall I'll recommend this drama, because it's short and sweet about how relationships can develop and no matter someone's luck it can help the other party and that even if someone is privileged with good luck, doesn't mean they're happy, sometimes you need a little chaos to make you equals.

Have you watched Mr. Unlucky Ha No Choice But To Kiss?
Were you a fan of the cast?
Did you enjoy the plat and script?
Have you read the manga?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment