Friday 3 January 2020

My Top 7 Drama's of 2019

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)

Google Images
I've decided that now I'm getting more into Asian dramas I would do a list like I do with K-pop releases, this was originally going to be a Top 10 but I decided to make it a Top 7 because as you can see from my collage I've not watched many that were released this year. Please remember that this list is my personal opinion and if I rank a drama lower than you would doesn't mean I deserve hate back just because I opinions and likes differ.
Let's get this countdown started shall we!

N0.7
Coming in at No.7 we have My Absolute Boyfriend starring Yeo Jin-Goo as Zero Nine, Bang Minah as Um Da-Da and Hong Jonghyun as Ma Wang Joon.
Google Images
My Absolute Boyfriend is a South Korean science fiction romantic comedy television series written by Yang Hyuk-Moon and directed by Jung Jung-Hwa, the series is also based on the Japanese manga series Absolute Boyfriend by Yuu Watase. 
My main love for this drama was that it has an open ending so you as the viewer can decide who Da-Da ends the drama smiling at, hinting that they are the person she ends up with. I enjoyed the cast, especially Yeo Jin-Goo, I have since become a big fan of his and been checking out his other dramas, I'm currently in the process of watching Hotel Del Luna and loving him. Overall I really enjoyed this drama, even though at times characters annoyed me, it also gives the viewer a new view on how we view both love and our lives.


No.6
Coming in at No.6 we have Love Alarm starring Kim So Hyun as Kim Jo Jo, Jung Ga Ram as Lee Hye Yeong and Song Kang as Hwang Sun Oh.
 Google Images
Love Alarm is a South Korean romance drama series based on the webtoon of the same name by Chon Kye-young.Thankfully we have had the announcement that we're getting a second season of Love Alarm, because that cliffhanger ending to season 1 had me screaming, I literally felt like Brian Joo when he found out that Seventeen had only 2 bathrooms to share between the 13 members. The cast and script were spot on, I can't wait to see how the series will continue and how the characters change and grow.


No.5
Coming in at No.5 we have Her Private Life, starring Park Min Young as Sung Deok Mi, Kim Jae Wook as Ryan Gold and Ahn Bo Hyun as Nam Eun Gi.

 
Google Images
 Her Private Life is a South Korean romantic comedy TV series, based on the Korean novel Noona Dot Com, written by Kim Sung-yeon and published in 2007.
I loved watching Park Min Young and Kim Jae Wook work together, their chemistry on the drama was amazing, I loved them so much together that I would be happy if they announced they were really dating. As a 31 (soon to be 32) K-pop and drama fangirl, I could really relate to this drama and it reminded me age doesn't matter when it comes to something you love and enjoy, I even fangirled at the very last moment when Min Young turned to the camera and spoke to the viewers knowing what they were thinking, saying "Are you fangirling right now? I hope that everyone will become a successful fan". I was really in a dilemma at what should be in 5th and 4th place but I think I placed well on my opinions.


No.4
Coming in at No.4 and just pipping Her Private Life to the slot is He Is Psychometric, starring Park Jinyoung as Lee Ahn, Shin Ye-eun as Yoon Jae-in, Kim Kwon as Kang Sung-mo and Kim Dasom as Eun Ji-soo.
Google Images
He Is Psychometric is a South Korean TV series that was created by Studio Dragon, written by Yang Jin-ah and directed by Kim Byung-soo.
The series focuses on psychometry which is also known as token-object reading as well as psychoscopy, which is a form of extrasensory perception aka ESP aka a sixth sense. A person with psychometric abilities is said to be able to see memories from touching an object.
I was blown away by both Jinyoung and Shin Ye-eun, they were amazing in their lead roles, I was surprised by how dark the drama really was, which is normally the genre I tend to like and enjoy more, I love thrillers where we have to guess who is the culprit etc. This drama had me laughing, crying and in suspense which is what I think a thriller and crime drama needs and I was shocked when the culprit was revealed.


No.3
Coming in at No.3 we have Well-Intended Love, starring Xu Kai Cheng as Ling Yi Zhou, Simona Wang as Xia Lin, Ian Yi as Chu Yan, Huang Qian Shuo as Wen Li, Liu Jia Xi as Jia Fei, Charry Qi as An Ran and Yang Hao Ming as Nan Jin Tian.
Google Images
Google Images
Well-Intended Love is a Chinese romance drama series and is also known as How, Boss Wants To Marry Me. The series was confirmed to be getting a second season pretty much straight away with the original cast returning to reprise their roles.
I was hooked on this drama from the very first episode and found it difficult to stop watching, there are shocking moments in this drama, one way to describe our leading male and female is as Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele, but with our female lead being more independent and stronger. I can't wait for season 2 and I'm definitely on the look-out for it's release date. Since this drama I've definitely become a fan of Xu Kai Cheng, Ian Yi, Huang Qian Shuo and can't wait for them to return to their roles.

No.2
 Google Images
Coming in at No.2 we have Chief of Staff, starring Lee Jung Jae as Jang Tae Joon, Shin Mina as Kang Seon Yeong, Lee Elijah as Yoon Hye Won and Kim Dong Jun as Han Do Kyeong.
 Google Images
Chief of Staff is a South Korean political television series, written by Lee Dae-il and directed by Kwak Jung-hwan.
I never thought when I started this show that it would be placing in 2nd place of my favourite dramas of 2019. Me and politics just don't go together, it all confuses me, after the first episode I was so confused as to what had happened. Never in a million years did I think after the first episode this drama would make me an emotional wreck that would continue into the 2nd season. Even though the political side of the show still confused me, I was often in suspense and second guessing whether to trust our male lead or not. The cast and script were amazing and I hope one day we will get a 3rd season.

Before I reveal what my No.1 spot goes to, let me mention and link you to the other dramas I watched and completed and maybe you can figure out who is in first place.

Japanese drama The Flower and the Beast (S2)
Google Images

Chinese drama I Hear You.
Google Images

Chinese drama Unrequited Love
Google Images

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!!

No.1
Coming in at No.1 is Kingdom, starring Ju Ji-hoon as Crown Prince Yi Chang, Ryu Seung-ryong as Cho Hak-ju, Bae Doo-na as Seo-bi, Kim Sung-gyu as Yeong-shin and Kim Sang-ho as Moo-young.
Google Images
 Google Images
Kingdom is a Netflix Original and is adapted from the web comic series The Kingdom of the Gods, which was written by Kim Eun-hee and illustrated by Yang Kyung-il.
I'm a big fan of the zombie genre and I watched this series within 24 hours, I was hooked from the start of the very first episode and can't wait to see how the 2nd series will be. I was constantly kept on the edge of my seat and holding my breath, the cliffhanger ending had me begging already for the next season but looks like I have to wait for March to get my teeth and claws into the next season.

Well that concludes my Top 7 Drama's of 2019, my goal for 2020 is to try and watch more current and new dramas this year to have a bigger choice to have in my list at the start of next year, as well as growing my drama watched list especially Japanese and Chinese.

What was your No.1 drama of 2019?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment