Friday 6 September 2019

Chinese Drama - I Hear You

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)

Google Images
I Hear You is a Chinese television drama series, it aired on Youku, airing for 24 episodes on Monday's. The series aired from the 28th of January and concluding on the 11th of February 2019. The series is adapted from a web novel and is also known as The Most Enchanting Thing and The Most Beautiful Thing. Streaming service Netflix bought rights to the series from Youku to add it to their streaming service.

Main Cast:
Riley Wang as Ye Shu Wei
Google Images

Zhao Lu Si as Bei Er Duo
Google Images

Supporting Cast:
Yuan Hao as Yu Sheng
Google Images

Zhang Jiong Min as Le Tian
 Google Images

 Gratitude Dai as Tang Li
Google Images

Hu Cai Hong as Lady Ye
Google Images

Zhao Xuan Li as Zhang Yi Lu
Google Images

Long Xin Yue as Xing Zhen
Google Images

Bei Er Duo, a girl from an ordinary family, dreams about studying in Japan to be a professional voice actress. However, her mother wants her to marry rich while she is young, leading to continuous blind dates which irritate Er Duo. In her desperation to raise funds for studying overseas as well as helping her best friend Tang Li out of a crisis, Er Duo joins a couple reality program, encountering top violin maker Ye Shu Wei.
Ye Shu Wei is from a family of artists and has a low-key, mysterious, and genius character in both the composing and violin industry. He was forced to join the reality program having lost a bet to his nephew Yu Sheng. In fact, the actual reason that attracted Shu Wei to participate in the show is not his bet with Yu Sheng. Instead he seeks to identify the person who correctly answered his audition question.
Because the reality show is faced with the crisis of integrity, Er Duo and Shu Wei start a lively and funny cohabitation life, and spontaneously fall into the fate of a wonderful romance together.

Google Images

For me this is your typical cold and hard faced male lead is softened and changed by the female lead, but what I mainly liked about this drama especially with the characters is that even though Shu Wei softens, he only softens for Er Duo, while keeping his hard demeanour for everything and everyone else within his life. While I really enjoyed the drama and the cast, I couldn't help feeling that the final episode was rushed and left me feeling pretty underwhelmed and incomplete, I wished there was one more episode after that one that showed a few years later etc and showed their dreams finally being complete and how they were progressing together as well as separately, that for me would have been closure for the series and characters.
I thought Riley Wang did an amazing job of playing a character that's distant, cold-hearted and hard-faced, from his social media, I get that his personality is the total opposite. I'm definitely intrigued to check out more of his drama's to how is acting differs from each character. One of the things I really fell in love with was Riley's smile, I think it really helps you to soften to Shu Wei and I think it helps show that he does have a softer side especially when it comes to Er Duo. If I have to say I had a favourite part of the drama for me, it was definitely the cosplay party and Riley dressed as Sebastian Michaelis, Black Butler is one of my favourite anime and manga series' and I absolutely love Sebastian and Ciel, I even have their figures on display in my living room.
If I had to say I had a favourite cast member from the series, I'd have to say that it was Zhao Lu Si as Bei Er Duo, I definitely want to check out more of her drama's and have another of her dramas on my VIKI list to watch. For me she brought and independence and an innocence to the role. Like with Riley my favourite scene has to be the cosplay party as Er Duo is dressed as Ciel Phantomhive.
I think this is the first time I've watched a drama where it looks like two of the characters will end up together and they actually don't, I was getting the impression that our male support would see the error of his ways, realise he's in love with our female support and they'd live happily ever after but I got it completely wrong.
Zhang Jiong Min's character is definitely the best friend and boy next door role and is also your typical in love with his friend but has been friend zoned character. I think he brought some of the comedic value to the series and I adored seeing him in the maid cafe with the cat ears on.
I absolutely loved Yuan Hao and Gratitude Dai, I think they really bounced off one another, you could tell they really cared for one another and I spent most of the drama feeling heartbroken for Tang Li, she was the cause of most of my quick wipe of the eyes, never did I think that by the end that was more aimed towards Yu Sheng.

I really enjoyed watching I Hear You, it's definitely helped in my quest to check out more Chinese dramas, I have recently checked out another drama that Zhang Jiong Min is a supporting role and came across another actor I enjoy watching as well as finding out Zhao Lu Si also has a drama with him so I can't wait to check it out. I've also noticed that Since watching Well-Intended Love more and more members of SpeXial are popping up in dramas that are suggested for me.

Have you watched I Hear You?
Did you like the casting?
Were you a fan of the plot?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment