Monday 9 September 2019

BTS - BTS World

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


BTS World is the original soundtrack by BTS for their Netmarble mobile game BTS World. On the 10th of June 2019, BTS announced the release of their soundtrack through their social media.
On the 7th of June, just before the announcement of a soundtrack, digital track Dream Glow was released, sung by Jungkook, Jimin and Jin and featured British singer/songwriter Charli XCX.
Dream Glow
A week later on the 14th of June 2019, the digital track A Brand New Day was released, sung by V and J-Hope and featuring Swedish singer/songwriter Zara Larrson.
A Brand New Day
Another week later on the 21st of June 2019, the digital track All Night was released, performed by RM and Suga and featuring American rapper Juice Wrld.
All Night
On the 26th of June 2019, Netmarble and BTS' mobile game BTS World was released worldwide, and a couple of days later on the 28th of June 2019, the M/V for lead track Heartbeat was released, along with the physical and digital release of the BTS World official soundtrack.
Owned by Big Hit and BTS World

BTS World became the first K-pop soundtrack to debut on the Billboard Top Soundtracks Chart.

RM and J-Hope co-wrote on lead track from the album Heartbeat.
J-Hope co-wrote on track A Brand New Day.
RM and Suga co-wrote on track All Night, with RM also co-composing on the track.

BTS World peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.4 on the Oricon Albums, No.26 on the Billboard 200, No.2 on the Billboard Top Soundtracks Albums Chart and No.1 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
525,574+
Oricon Sales:
57,665+
Chinese Sales:
152,309+
US Sales:
3,000+
Giving the soundtrack so far a total of 738,548+ sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post.
The M/V for Heartbeat has so far gained 40,223,040 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

The BTS World soundtrack is set out in a box case and comes with Cd, photo book, a random double-sided photo card, lenticular card, a random game coupon card and a poster.
The photo book is in two halves, one half is BTS' story and the tracks lyrics and album credits. The second half is Another Story which is taken from the BTS World mobile game, showing them all dressed up from their individual stories.

Track List:
Heartbeat
Dream Glow feat. Charli XCX
A Brand New Day feat. Zara Larrson
All Night feat. Juice Wrld
Captain - Namjoon's Theme
Cake Waltz - Jimin's Theme
Shine - Yoongi's Theme
Not Alone - Jungkook's Theme
Friend's - Hoseok's Theme
Wish - Seokjin's Theme
Flying - Taehyung's Theme
















































I absolutely love how this album is packaged and I love how the photo book is designed, and I absolutely love the pictures within the photo book especially from the Another Story side of the photo book. It's rare that I buy soundtrack's but being bias, I knew I'd have to buy this one and I was blown away, I thought I'd only ever listen to the tracks BTS feature on but I could listen to their themes all day, some of the tracks even brought a few tears to my eyes they're that stunning.
There is something about Heartbeat, soon as the music starts, you're pulled into it's beauty. I think it's the perfect song to describe BTS' journey so far. I know it will always be a fan favourite and I hope to one day see them perform it live. It's one of those songs where each member showcases their strengths while having their weakness' on show. I've always loved when Jimin hits the high notes, but there's something about this one that seems to be more powerful to the listener.
Heartbeat
Dream Glow has to be one of my favourite pre-released tracks from the soundtrack, I feel that it's a song that shows that there's no better vision or feeling than trying to follow your dreams whether you succeed or fail, sometimes if you fail you need to reassess and adjust to try and make your dream a reality, just look at BTS, to them they must have felt they were failing to reach there dream when they begun, they played to their strengths and made their weakness part of their success. Also thank you to Charli XCX for helping create such a beautiful and powerful song.
Dream Glow
The first time I heard A Brand New Day, I knew it had J-Hope's stamp on it, it took me right back to his mixtape Hope World, I always thought Jin and V complimented each other vocally really well but I have to say I hope we get more songs in the future with V and Hobi. Personally for me the sound of this track compliments V's vocals a lot more than some of the tracks in the past. I'm hoping that when these songs were being created J-hope had V in mind to sing this song with. V's dreamy vocals help melt the listeners ears, while Hobi helps get you moving and Zara Larrson brings the power making it a perfect song and collaboration.
A Brand New Day
I think soon as the first notes start in All Night you know it's going to be good. RM and Suga always know how to put their marks on songs and I think this definitely gives off their music styles.
All Night
I get all different vibes from Captain - Namjoon's Theme, it reminds me of an anime opening as well as something that would play in a detective film and series, which definitely fits with his Another Story on the game.
Captain - Namjoon's Theme
I love how magical Cake Waltz - Jimin's Theme is, it may sound strange but it gives me vibes of Disney Pixar's Ratatouille and actually makes me think of cakes and sweets. I think it's such a beautiful song and I could listen to it all day.
Cake Waltz - Jimin's Theme
I wouldn't have expected something more classical for Yoongi's theme but I have to say that Shine - Yoongi's Theme is still pretty and I'm glad it's still features music from the piano as we all know that was Yoongi's first love.
Shine - Yoongi's Theme
I absolutely love Not Alone - Jungkook's Theme, whenever I listen to this song it actually takes me to the song from Little Shop of Horror's when Audrey is singing about raising a family in "Somewhere That's Green". This song definitely gives me a feeling of always having someone by your side to help you through the bad and celebrate the good.
Not Alone - Jungkook's Theme
I'm not sure about anyone else but to me Friend's - Hoseok's Theme actually screams Hobi, it's bright and uplifting, exactly what J-Hope always wants to bring to his friends and fans. This is another one of the songs that I think is absolutely beautiful and makes me feel like I can accomplish anything.
Friend's - Hoseok's Theme
Is anyone surprised we got a stunning song for worldwide handsome Jin with Wish - Seokjin's Theme. I remember the first time I listened to this song, by the end I could feel tears running down my cheeks, for me this is such a gorgeous song. It makes me think of my friends and family that have helped me get through hard times, to me it embodies getting through those hard moments, turning round and seeing everyone that's helped you get there to be able to carry on.
Wish - Seokjin's Theme
For me Flying - Taehyung's Theme, makes me think of Mary Poppins and how she encourages hope and courage. It's such a beautiful song to end the soundtrack with, even if I think it's an odd theme for V's Another Story as his goal is to farm and make hamburgers.
Flying - Taehyung's Theme

I remember how pleasantly surprised I was listening to this album all the way through, I know it may sound strange but for me I can envision their journey through this soundtrack, they've had hard times, they've had thoughts of giving up, they've had times of hope and courage, and they use their journey to inspire others.
Right now BTS are taking a well deserved break and from what I've seen and heard, they're definitely enjoying it.

Do you have a physical copy of the BTS World soundtrack?
Do you have a favourite sung track?
Do you have a favourite theme?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment