Sunday 4 August 2019

Korean Drama - Her Private Life

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)

Google Images
Her Private Life is a South Korean romantic comedy TV series, written by Kim Hye-young and directed by Hong Jong-chan. The series is based on the Korean novel Noona Dot Com, written by Kim Sung-yeon and published in 2007.
The series aired on TVN from the 10th of April 2019, running for 16 episodes at 60 minutes each with the series concluded on the 30th of May 2019.

Main Cast:
 Park Min Young as Sung Deok Mi
Google Images

Kim Jae Wook as Ryan Gold
Google Images

Ahn Bo Hyun as Nam Eun Gi
Google Images

Jung Jae Won as Cha Shi An
Google Images

Supporting Cast:
Kim Sun Young as Uhm So Hye
 Google Images

Kim Bora as Sindy/Kim Hyo Jin
 Google Images

 Jung Won Chang as Kim Yoo Seob
 Google Images

 Seo Ye Hwa as Yoo Kyung Ah
 Google Images


Park Jin Joo as Lee Seon Joo
 Google Images

 Maeng Sang Hoon as Sung Geun Ho
Google Images

Kim Mi Kyung as Go Young Sook
 Google Images

 Im Ji Kyu as Kang Seung Min
 Google Images

Yoo Yong Min as Joo Hyuk
 Google Images


Hong Seo Young as Choi Da In
 Google Images

The first script reading for the series was held on the 25th of February 2019, with the attendance of all the cast and crew. Her Private Life is also the second time that Kim Mi Kyung has portrayed Park Min Young's mother in a TV series, the first being back on 2010 for Sungkyunkwan.



I love the official soundtrack to Her Private Life, there are songs that once I hear them I'm transported right back into scenes of the series, especially a track called Maybe.
U-mb5 - I Wanna Be (feat. KLANG)

(G)I-DLE - Help Me

Hong Dae Kwang - Floating

Lee Hae Ri - Maybe

Runy - Smile Again

Google Images

Sung Deok Mi is a talented chief curator of Cheum Museum of Art, who also happens to have a secret: she is a fanatic fangirl of White Ocean's Cha Shi An. In addition, she is also the fansite manager of the famous "Shi An Is My Life". Ryan Gold is a standoffish artist who develops Stendhal syndrome, eventually retiring as an artist. After the current boss, Uhm So Hye, gets investigated for embezzlement, Ryan Gold becomes the new art director of Cheum Museum of Art.
After rumours break out claiming that Deok Mi and Shi An are dating, Ryan suggests that he and Deok Mi pretend to date to ward off Shi An's fans who threaten to harm her. However, Sindy, another fansite manager of Cha Shi An, manages to land a job as an intern in the museum to prove that Ryan and Deok Mi are a fake couple, leaving both no choice but to continue the act even at work. As the lies get more and more complicated, the situation becomes messier and messier.
Will Deok Mi be able to hide her secret? Will Ryan and Deok Mi fool Sindy? Or will both of them get caught.

Google Images

I was in love with this drama from start to finish, I'd seen some snippets of the episodes that Viki had posted on their SNS, which made me want to check it out, the other reason I wanted to check it out was because of Park Min Young, I'm familiar with her because of the variety show BUSTED, which had me become a fan of her from the first episode. I was really happy to see Ahn Bo Hyun as I really enjoyed his acting in the web drama/film Dokgo Rewind. For everyone else this was my first time seeing their acting in action.
I thought Kim Bora was amazing as Sindy, I definitely wasn't a fan of her when she was first introduced but as you get to know her you start to warm to her character and hope that Deok Mi and Sindy eventually bond, I thought Jung Jae Won was also amazing as Cha Shi An, he gave off an innocent feeling to his character, but as you got to know him, you felt more at ease and you could see a comfortable connection between Deok Mi and Shi An, my personal opinion on the drama is that I couldn't help but feel that towards the end he knew Deok Mi ran his favourite fansite. 
I really liked Kim Jae Wook as Ryan Gold, I think Kim Jae Wook gives off a vibe that he's really serious and judges the situation before opening up to others, which I think is perfect when it comes to Ryan Gold. Ryan Gold has a hard exterior but throughout the drama we get to see him soften up and face his past and try again. 
When it comes to duo's I do think that Park Jin Joo and Yoo Yong Min were a great and comedic boss and employee and I loved that Lee Seon Joo got to live her youth and fangirl days again through Joo Hyuk, another comedic duo was Jung Wong Chan and Seo Ye Hwa watching Kim Yoo Seob and Yoo Kyung Ah interact was adorable, I loved that you could tell that Kyung Ah had a soft spot for Yoo Seob and she seemed to be cutely oblivious.
I would have to say that Her Private Life has to be one of my favourite dramas for 2019, I was in love with the series from start to finish, I would highly recommend this drama to anyone and everyone as I think it will have you laughing, crying and enjoying the twists and turns.
One of the main reasons why I really loved this drama is it made me feel that for my age it's perfectly fine and made me comfortable with the fact that I too am a fangirl.
I've come to notice that the final line and scene from a drama really brings home how much I've really loved and enjoyed the series, cast and plot and Her Private Life was no different, I couldn't help smiling and squealing as Min Young aka Deok Mi turned to the camera and spoke to the viewers knowing what they were thinking, saying "Are you fangirling right now? I hope that everyone will become a successful fan".

Have you watched Her Private Life?
Were you a fan of the cast?
Did you enjoy the drama?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment