Wednesday 31 July 2019

Carrot Cake Overnight Oats

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


I'm back with another recipe from the Pinch of Nom recipe book, I didn't know what to class this as as it's neither baked or cooked so I'm just going to include it for both. The Carrot Cake Overnight Oats are part of the Breakfast chapter.
This recipe requires a kilner jar or just a jar with a lid, which I don't have so I used a sandwich tub.


Ingredients:
40 g oats or 2 Weetabix crushed
1 x 175g pot vanilla-flavoured fat-free yogurt (or 175 g fat-free natural yogurt, 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 1/2-1 tsp granulated sweetener)
1 small carrot, grated
1/4 tsp mixed spice
pinch of ground ginger
pinch of ground cinnamon

Start off by grating your carrot ready for use a little later on.

pour your oats or Weetabix into the bottom of your jar or tub.

Spoon on the yogurt.

Add three-quarters of the grated carrot and then add the spices.

Now give everything a good stir, until everything is completely combined and covered.

When completed, cover and chill in the fridge overnight.

The next morning, stir, then top with the remaining grated carrot and enjoy.

I had a full day at work a few weeks ago and was starting at 9am so thought this would be perfect to have for my first break for brunch. 
It's really quick, easy and simple to make, I honestly didn't think there would be enough to fill my tub or my stomach but I was left pleasantly surprised. With all the spices I did think I was eating a creamy take on a carrot cake.
I think this is definitely a lovely little recipe for a breakfast treat during the week, I'd happily create this again, it was delicious with the right amount of spice for carrot cake and it definitely filled a whole in my stomach and kept me going until my next break.

If you're interested in any of Pinch of Nom's recipe's then you can buy the recipe book in all major supermarkets as well as online retailers Waterstones and Amazon.

See you soon!



안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment