Monday 24 July 2023

Astro - Drive to the Starry Road

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Drive to the Starry Road is Astro's 3rd full length album, and final album before MJ's military enlistment and Rocky's departure.
On the 27th of April 2022, the Track List was released.
On the 2nd of May 2022, the Individual Concept Photo #1 were released.


On the 3rd of May 2022, the Individual Concept Photo #2 were released.



On the 4th of May 2022, the Individual Concept Photo #3 were released.



On the 5th of May 2022, the Individual Concept Photo #4 were released.




On the 6th of May 2022, the Individual Concept Photo #5 were released.


On the 7th of May 2022, the Individual Concept Photo #6 were released.




On the 9th of May 2022, the Group Concept Photo's were released.

On the 11th of May 2022, the Drive to the Starry Road Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by Fantagio
On the 13th of May 2022, the Candy Sugar Pop M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by Fantagio
On the 16th of May 2022, the M/V for Candy Sugar Pop was released, along with the physical and digital release of their 3rd full length album Drive to the Starry Road.
Owned by Fantagio

Candy Sugar Pop won Astro a total of 4 music show trophies, winning one on The Show, one on Show Champion, 1 on M Countdown and 1 on Music Bank.

JinJin, Moonbin and Rocky co-wrote on the lyrics for title track Candy Sugar Pop.
JinJin co-wrote and co-composed on track More.
MJ co-wrote and co-composed on the track 하늘빛 (Light the Sky), MJ also wrote the lyrics for Story.
JinJin co-wrote and co-composed on the track All Day.
Cha Eunwoo co-wrote on the lyrics for First Love.
Rocky co-wrote and co-composed on the track S#1.
JinJin and Rocky co-wrote on the lyrics for 밤하늘의 별처럼 (Like Stars).

Drive to the Starry Road peaked at No.1 on the Circle Albums Chart and No.6 on the Oricon Albums Chart.
Circle Sales = 253,767+
Oricon Sales = 27,574+
Giving the album a total of 281,341+ in physical sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Candy Sugar Pop has so far gained 42,761,958 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

Drive to the Starry Road was released in 3 versions: Drive, Road and Starry.
The Drive version is set out in a paperback book style case and comes with the Cd, photo book,, envelope, postcard, folded poster and 2 random photo cards.
The Road version is set out in a box case and comes with the Cd, photo book, a photo stand and 2 random photo cards.
The Starry version is set out in a hardback book style case and comes with the Cd, photo book, hologram postcard, folded poster, photo card frame and 2 random photo cards.
Photo books for all 3 versions are different, and the Cd plates are random being member based,

Track List
Candy Sugar Pop
Something Something
More
하늘빛 (Light the Sky)
Story
All Day
First Love
Let's Go Ride
S#1
24시간 (24 Hours)
밤하늘의 별처럼 (Like Stars)















































I have the Drive version of the album and I love it. The photo book is stunning, the pictures are bright and full of colour, for me it embodies all things Astro.
I love when idols get an outdoor photo shoot as to me it makes the pictures look more stunning in the natural light. I also love that the pages have a glossy finish to them too.
The album itself is perfect as not only do we get the usual Astro songs, but we also get a solo track from each of the members.

For me Candy Sugar Pop screams and embodies Astro, while I love their harder and darker tracks, for me, Astro is all about the upbeat, bright and bubbly tracks. And this track is definitely one of my favourite title tracks from Astro.
Candy Sugar Pop

I love the opening beat to Something Something, and I love how it increases and brightens up as it gets to the chorus. I love the chorus and I love their vocals and raps throughout the track.
Something Something

There's something about More that as soon as the beat starts, I'm totally in love. It kind of gives me Roleplay vibes, in sense it has a more sultry and mature sound. The vocals are stunning and the raps fit perfectly with the melody.
More

You know from the very first beat of the melody, that 하늘빛 (Light the Sky) is going to be a stunning song. I love Astro's ballads, there's something about them that always makes me stop and listen, and this track is no different. JinJin and Rocky's raps are stunning with the vocals, and the vocals are just stunning.
하늘빛 (Light the Sky)

I've always loved the tones within MJ's vocals, he's got such a stunning voice. I'm so glad we got more of a ballad with Story, it really shows off his vocal skills and allows his voice to shine even more. Knowing he wrote the lyrics also makes me love the song so much more.
Story

I've been in love with JinJin's voice from the very first day of getting into Astro. I'm not one of the best fans when it comes to auto tune and effects on tracks but I love how it sounds with JinJins voice. The melody and the tempo really plays to his strengths and how he's known for his slow raps.
All Day

There's something about First Love that makes it perfect for Cha Eunwoo, for me it fits his princely image perfectly. While he isn't one of the strongest vocalists in Astro, this track really shows that he can hold his own.
First Love

I could listen to Moonbin sing all day, and I think Let's Go Ride shows exactly why. The style and vibe of this track really fits and suits him well. It's heartbreaking knowing that we won't get any more songs from him in the future. The melody for this track is stunning and perfect for his voice.
Let's Go Ride

I think people often don't realise that Rocky isn't all about rapping, while he's an amazing rapper, he also has a stunning voice and S#1 allows him to shine as a vocalist and not just a rapper. It really shows how talented and versatile he is. I really hope he continues with music and hopefully see more of him like this in the future.
S#1

It's no secret to how much I love Sanha's voice and vocals and 24시간 (24 Hours) proves again why I love him. What I love about this song is that even though he didn't participate in creating it, it fits him perfectly, it has a youthful sound and vibe to it.
24시간 (24 Hours)

I love the melody for Like Stars, it's such a perfect song to conclude the album with. Their vocals and raps are perfect, they really know how to pull at the heartstrings. This track really makes me sit, listen and think about how this is the last Astro album with all 6 voices.
Like Stars

I love that the album is mainly more of a slow-paced album with tracks that have their usual Astro bubbly vibe. It definitely is a perfect album and I don't think they could have released a better album during that time.
The more I want Astro to continue as 4, I can't help but feel selfish for wanting that, whatever they decide to do, I will follow them, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to do one more album as 4, then choose to become inactive rather than disbanding, but I will definitely admit that an album with 4 will feel slightly empty, but I know they would do their very best.

Were you a fan of Drive to the Starry Road?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on Candy Sugar Pop as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment