Monday 10 July 2023

THE BOYZ - Be Awake

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Be Awake is the 8th Korean mini album from THE BOYZ.
On the 26th of January 2023, the Trailer 'Let Your Whisper Be... Teaser was released.
Owned by IST Entertainment
On the 29th of January 2023, the Trailer Let Your Whisper Be... released.
Owned by IST Entertainment
On the 12th of February 2023, the Be Awake Track List was released.
On the 14th of April 2023, the Roar M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by IST Entertainment
On the 16th of February 2023, the Be Awake Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by IST Entertainment
On the 20th of February 2023, the Roar M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of Be Awake.
Owned by IST Entertainment

Roar won THE BOYZ a total of 5 music show trophies, winning 1 on Show Champion, 2 on Music Bank, 1 on Show! Music Core and 1 on Inkigayo.

Kevin and Sunwoo co-wrote on the lyrics for Awake.
Sunwoo and Eric co-wrote on the lyrics for Blah Blah, Savior and 숨 (Horizon).

Be Awake peaked at No.2 on the Circle Albums Chart, No.18 on the Oricon Albums Chart and No.6 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Circle sales = 495,886+
Oricon Sales = 3,500+
Giving the album a total of 499,386+ sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Roar has so far gained 34,097,149 million views, with the views sill increasing on a daily basis.

Be Awake was released in 17 versions: 3 regular; Reach, Realize and Reason, 11 member jewel case versions and 3 platform versions; Reach, Realize and Reason.
The regular versions are set out in a paperback book style case and come with the Cd, photo book, lyrics booklet, 2 random selfie photo cards, a random poster, a random film photo and a random identification tag.
The jewel case versions are set out in the typical jewel case and come with the Cd, photo and lyrics book and a random selfie photo card.
The platform versions come with a mini card, official photo card set, 2 random selfie photo cards and a sticker, they are smaller versions of the regular versions.
Photo books for all versions are different.

Track List
Awake
Roar
Blah Blah
Savior
숨 (Horizon)
Diamond Life










































I have the realize version, and I absolutely love the photo book, I love the glossy pages, it makes it look like a high-end fashion magazine. I also love the colours used.
I have to say that this is so far my favourite album from THE BOYZ, each track has a different vibe and it blends together perfectly.

I absolutely love Awake, I love how simple the melody sounds, meaning their voices stand out so much more. I love the vocals throughout and the raps are amazing, it really is a perfect way to open the album with. I also love how it blends perfectly into the next song.
Awake

I love Roar, it's definitely one of my favourite title tracks from THE BOYZ, I definitely love the  more mature and sultry sounding songs from them. The vocals and raps are on point.
Roar

I think Blah Blah sounds really cute, it's very different from the previous 2 tracks, I especially love the chorus.
Blah Blah

Another song I love is Savior, I especially love the chorus, I could listen to this track on repeat all day. Their voices on this song is just perfect.
Savior

숨 (Horizon is such a stunning song, if any song is going to stop you in your tracks and really listen to their voices, it's this track. The melody is stunning and the vocals and soft raps fit it perfectly. It really showcase how they blend perfectly together.
숨 (Horizon)

Diamond Life is the perfect track to the end the album, it's definitely another of my favourites on this album. It has a darker sound and vibe compared to the rest of the album, which shows how versatile they all are.
Diamond Life

As I have said earlier, this is definitely one of my albums from THE BOYZ, each track could stand alone as a title track, I love that it has a more mellow sound as well as allowing them to have a mature sounding album, allowing them to show a more mature and sultry side.
I can't wait to see what they bring us next.

Were you a fan of Be Awake?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on Roar as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment