Saturday 12 October 2019

Chinese Drama - Unrequited Love

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)

Google Images
Unrequited Love is a Chinese romance web drama series, that is based upon a novel of the same name. The series aired on the network QQLive airing Monday's and Tuesday's from the 10th of June 2019 and concluding on the 8th of July 2019. The series contains 24 episodes with each episode being 35 minutes long.
Main Cast:
Zhao Shunran as Sheng Huainan
 Google Images

Zhu Yan Man Zi as Luo Zhi
 Google Images

Supporting Cast:
Shen Yu as Jiang Baili

Google Images

Meng Qin as Ding Shuijing
Google Images

Chen Wen as Ye Zhanyan
Google Images

Zhang Zhehao as Ge Bi
Google Images

Yuan Bai Zi Hui as Xu Riqing
Google Images

Huang Shi Chao as Luo Yang
Google Images

Zhang Yichi as Zhang Mingrui
Google Images

He Meixuan as Chen Mohan
Google Images

Unrequited Love is a story revolving around 2 students, Huainan and Luo Zhi, who immediately hit it off when they meet in university, but a message from an ex complicates things. Further more, Huainan discovers that Luo Zhi has been harbouring a secret crush on him since their school days. Luo Zhi has been caught in a one-sided love with Huainan for over 10 years as she acts in a mono drama of her own creation. Her feelings towards Huainan are complicated, fuelled by an honest admiration for his excellence but also tainted with hatred and jealousy. While following Sheng Huainan, Luo Zhi is also admitted to the best university. Her one-sided love finally gets a new chapter when the two start getting close to each other, but reality hits hard and they undergo many trials.
Will they finally be together? Who took Luo Zhi's diary? Which one will prevail - love or family?

Google Images

One thing I've seen in a few drama's is young couple falls in love, one of them later finds out that the other was somehow hurt by either their family or a family member in the past and they then think they no longer have the right to make the one they love happy, Unrequited Love was no different. At times I did feel slightly uncomfortable as it seemed a little more on the stalker side of things.
At times I felt a little confused as I didn't quite understand if she followed him to the same university or if she decided to go there and then bumped into him, I've always found it odd how in dramas they base their future on where there crush is going. One thing I think people learn from this drama, is the longer you keep something a secret, the harder it is to be honest in the situation you've created.
This was my first time watching any of the cast and I can honestly say I think they all did a good job, there was just some plot lines that just didn't make sense or to me felt that they weren't really needed for the whole plot.
I thought Zhao Shunran did an amazing job as Sheng Huainan, I think he brought a cuteness and an innocence to the drama, I loved that he assumed all girls like the same things just because of what his ex girlfriend said she liked.
Even though I got annoyed about how she would always follow Sheng Huainan, I think Zhu Yan Min Zi was an amazing choice for Luo Zhi. I like that she's seen as a plain and simple girl and tries to keep herself to herself, I also love that even though she likes to be on her own, she's willing to open up and let people in. I love also love that she will happily run to her friends aid no matter how she feels herself. I loved that she stood her ground when everyone seemed to be against her including Sheng Huainan.
I adored Shen Yu as Jiang Baili, she's the girl that you root for in the hopes that everything turns out happy for her. She wears her heart on her sleeve and doesn't have the courage or the confidence in herself to see that she is the only that can really make herself happy. I love her friendship with Luo Zhi, they both worry about one another and run to their aid if they sense trouble or heartache.
I hated the whole story between Meng Qin as Ding Shuijing and Huang Shi Chao as Luo Yang, I felt bad for Luo Yang's girlfriend, and I actually despised how Ding Shuijing went about getting what she wanted and didn't care who she hurt or got hurt in the process, she was that set on winning that she even screwed over Luo Zhi, even though she thought of her as a friend, which to me shows how much she didn't think of her as her friend as when Huainnan's ex came to her she believed her lies.
All the cast did a good job, the plot was a little hit and miss at times, but I'd happily sit and watch it again for the cast alone.

Have you watched Unrequited Love?
Were you a fan of the cast and plot?
Would you watch it again or recommend to others?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment