Monday 14 October 2019

NCT Dream - We Boom

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


I can't believe it's been 10 months since I posted about the dreamies, since my last post they've released their 2nd mini album and as of the 31st of December 2018, Mark officially graduated from the group. We Boom is NCT Dream's 3rd mini album and their first comeback without Mark.
On the 8th of July 2019, it was announced that NCT Dream were preparing for a summer comeback. On the 17th of July 2019, a group teaser image was released along with teaser images for Jaemin and Jeno.


 On the 18th of July 2019, the teaser images were released for Jisung and Chenle.

 On the 19th of July 2019, Renjun and Haechan's teaser images were released along with another group image.


On the 20th of July 2019, more teaser images were released of Jaemin and Jeno.

 On the 21st of July 2019, more teaser images were released of Jisung and Chenle.

On the 22nd of July 2019, more teaser images were released of Renjun and Haechan.

 On the 23rd if July 2019, a teaser video was released titled 'We Got That', which teased Jisung, Renjun and Jeno.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 24th of July 2019, a teaser video was released titled 'We Like That', which teased Haechan, Jaemin and Chenle.
Owned by SM Entertainment
Also on the 24th of July 2019, the M/V teaser was released for title track Boom.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 25th of July 2019, two more group teaser images were released.

On the 26th of July 2019, a final group image was released.
Also on the 26th of July 2019, the M/V for Boom was released along with the digital release of their 3rd mini album We Boom. The mini album was released physically on the 29th of August.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 5th of August 2019, the 'Boom' Dance Practice (3D Audio) video was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 10th of August 2019, the 'Boom' Vertical Video was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 24th of August 2019, the 'Boom' Dance Practice (School Uniform Ver.) was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment

Promotions began for Boom and We Boom on the 26th of July, performing Stronger and Boom on Music Bank. Boom won the boys 2 music show trophies, winning twice on The Show.

Jeno and Jaemin co-wrote on track 119.
Jeno, Jaemin and Jisung co-wrote on tracks 사랑이 좀 어려워 (Bye My First) and Best Friend.
Jeno co-wrote on track Dream Run.

We Boom peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart and No.16 on the Oricon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
336,400+
Oricon Sales:
7,563+
US Sales:
1,000+
Giving the album a total of 344,963+ in sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Boom has so far gained 36,531,794 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

We Boom was released in 2 versions: We and Boom. With both versions set out in a hardback book style case and coming with a Cd, photo book, random Boom card, random photo card and a random circle card.
The album covers for both versions are different as are the photo books.

Track List:
Boom
Stronger
119
사랑이 좀 어려워 (Bye My First)
Best Friend
Dream Run





























I have the We version, I do want to get the Boom version but I love them dressed as conductors ready to lead their very own orchestra, I also think it gives them  more mature look, showing that they've come along way from their Chewing Gum debut. As soon as I saw the teaser images as well as the M/V teaser, I was really excited for their return. I love the photo book even though they have a more mature concept, you can still see their youth shining through, I also love the idea of one of the photo cards being like a scratch card which as you can see I got Nana aka Jaemin.
I feel bad for saying this with Mark being my ultimate bias for NCT but Boom is my favourite title track from NCT Dream. I love the beat in this song and I love that we get to hear more of my not so baby Jisung (talk about a glow up). This is definitely a style and song that really suits the Dreamers and shows just how much they are growing and maturing musically.
Boom
I think Stronger really fits with their more mature sound, being around since their debut, I tend to forget that their music needs to mature with them and that they can't always release really cutesy music. I get a bit of a bad boy vibe from this song and I think it's a track that could really show of their dancing skills.
Stronger
I love the pre-chorus and the chorus for 119, I love the slow down in the pre-chorus and the drop into the chorus. It gives me a Dream vibe, I love the different ranges in their vocals, their voices blend really well with Haechan, Renjun and Chenle hitting the higher notes while Jaemin, Jeno and Jisung bring in the deeper tones. While I love all their voices I think this track really suits Haechan and Jisung's vocals. it's honey on the ears.
119
사랑이 좀 어려워 (Bye My First) really takes us back to the youthful NCT Dream and I love that it connects their The First single album and their title track My First and Last, which makes me feel that Jaemin is finally part of that era. I think that the youthful feel also comes from that Jeno, Jaemin and Jisung also took part in creating the lyrics. I have to say that this is one of my favourite tracks on the album, it makes me feel proud to be able to see them grow as individuals as well as NCT Dream.
사랑이 좀 어려워 (Bye My First)
I think Best Friend is another song that gives off a youthful sound, it reminds me of their We Young era. I love that it's a more slower track which means we get to hear all their voices shine as well as hear how well all their voices blend together. When I listen to this song I definitely feel that these young, amazing and talented boys are like my best friend
Best Friend
luhvn
I think Dream Run is the perfect summer song, I feel that this would be their encore song during a concert, it gives off party vibes to me. It makes you want to forget everything and have a good time. I think this song really helps Haechan's voice to really shine and his high note is just perfection. This is a perfect song to end their mini album with, it definitely makes me feel youthful.
Dream Run

I think we'll get one final comeback this year from NCT Dream, which could possibly be the last comeback with a few of the members, I wish they stopped with the graduation process, I really hate to think that in a couple of years time none of these members will be NCT Dream. I'm also scared that now their music is maturing with the members, how will their music sound when new and younger members are added to the lineup. No matter the outcome I will follow wherever the members go after NCT Dream and I will be happy to support new members and new lineups.
Overall I love this album and I think personally for me it's their best so far, it makes you want to move with the music and helps you feel youthful once again, it's a good mixture of mature and youthful sounds from a group that we often forget are still pretty young.

Were you a fan of Boom?
Do you have We Boom?
Do you have a favourite track off the album?
Are you sad for a lineup change?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment