Friday 5 July 2019

Korean Drama - He Is Psychometric

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Google Images
It's been nearly a month since I shared a drama with you, and this time I'm sharing with you the drama He is Psychometric.
Psychometry is a new thing to me, I wasn't even aware that it already existed, I thought it was something that had been created especially for this drama. Psychometry is also known as token-object reading as well as psychoscopy, which is a form of extrasensory perception aka ESP aka a sixth sense. A person with psychometric abilities is said to be able to see memories from touching an object.

He Is Psychometric is a South Korean TV series that was created by Studio Dragon, written by Yang Jin-ah and directed by Kim Byung-soo.
The series started on the 11th of March 2019, with it concluding with it's final episode on the 30th of April 2019. The series aired twice a week on Monday's and Tuesday's at the time slot of 21:30 kst. The series contains 16 episodes, with each episode having the run time of 60 minutes.

Main Cast:
Park Jinyoung as Lee Ahn
Google Images
Shin Ye-eun as Yoon Jae-in
Google Images

Kim Kwon as Kang Sung-mo
Google Images

Jo Byung-gyu as Young Kang Sung-mo
Google Images

Kim Dasom as Eun Ji-soo
Google Images

Supporting Cast:
Noh Jonghyun as Lee Dae-bong
 Google Images


Jung Suk-yong as Yoon Tae-ha

Kim Hyo-jin as oh Sook-ja
 Google Images

Go Youn-jin as Kim So-hyun
 Google Images


Lee Seung-joon as Kang Geun-taek
 Google Images

Jeon Mi-seon as Jo Eun-joo
Google Images

Sa Kang as Hong Soo-yeon
 Google Images

Jung Eui-soo as Lee Seung-yong
 Google Images

 Park Chul-min as Nam Daenam
 Google Images

Um Hyo-sup as Eun Byung-ho

The first script reading was held at Studio Dragon in Sangam-dong in Seoul, South Korea on the 6th of December 2018, while the press conference was held on the 5th of March 2019, with Kim Byung-soo, Park Jinyoung, Shin Ye-eun, Kim Dasom and Kim Kwon in attendance.

He Is Psychometric is another one of those dramas that has a pretty amazing soundtrack, even the intro is something that I like listening to, here are some of my favourites that take me back to the drama.
He Is Psychometric Opening
Ani-Hongo

JUS2 - Take


Fromm - With You

Minseo - The First Love

Janett Suhh - Shadows on the Wall
O.O.O - Take a Break

Google Images

I will honestly say that this drama was completely different from what I was expecting, but for good reasons. It's rare that I pick darker drama's to watch, I always seem to watch romance and comedic dramas.  I was expecting He Is Psychometric to be a lot brighter than it was, which is why I think I really enjoyed it, I tend to like films and shows that are part of the thriller and horror genre's, I like to be kept on the edge of my seat as well as trying to work out and guess who the culprit is. As odd as it sounds I felt proud that I was able to hold back tears from the first episode, but that will was broken towards the end of the drama when a lot of things I wasn't expecting happened, thinking about them now still brings tears to my eyes, which has only happened with 2 other dramas; which are Guardian: The Lonely & Great God and Thirty But Seventeen. He Is Psychometric definitely kept me on the edge of my seat and it definitely defeated me when it came to guessing who the culprit was, it was definitely not who I was expecting it to be. 
I was blown away by Jinyoung's acting, I think he's definitely come a long way from Dream High 2, being a fan of GOT7, I could tell that he put his all into his character, especially as Lee Ahn is different to his own personality, Jinyoung seems to be more reserved when it comes to showing his on emotions and also when around other people, he seems to take a back seat and judge the situation before adding to whats in front of him, while Lee Ahn is very outgoing and doesn't hold back when it comes to his emotions or the situation he is placed.
As a rookie actress, I was blown away by Shin Ye-eun, her and Jinyoung's chemistry throughout the drama was believable and I couldn't stop myself rooting for them. She really brought something to her character and I actually can't think of anyone that I think would have done the role better than her.
This was my first drama for both Dasom and Kim Kwon, I will definitely be looking for other dramas with them in to check out, I loved Dasom's character, I would have to say she was my favourite, which is why I would say my will was broken when it came to trying to not cry, I loved the way Dasom and Jinyoung's characters bounced off each other like siblings would. I loved the mysteriousness of Kim Kwon's character, I was intrigued to find out more about his past and how he would change his future and how those around him would help and benefit him.
Everyone in this drama really excelled and made it the success and a pleasure to watch that it is, I would happily sit and watch it again, but I feel now that I would watch it with a heavy heart as on the 29th of June (2019), it was announced that actress Jeon Mi-seon that plays Jo Eun-joo had taken her own life, He Is Psychometric is my first time watching her in a drama and I thought she was amazing, upon learning of her passing, it broke my heart knowing that her character in He Is Psychometric had also attempted to take her own life and was struggling with depression. To me it just shows that more still needs to be done not only for those in the public eye but for all those that suffer from any mental illness in South Korea, as well as around the world, it needs to stop being a stigma and something that needs to be talked about more, especially when you have to act a certain way.
Back onto a brighter note, I highly recommend He Is Psychometric and would say it's one of my favourite dramas to be released this year, I look forward to future works especially from Jinyoung and Shin Ye-eun and I hope the drama brings them awards in the future.


Have you watched He Is Psychometric?
Did you guess the outcome?
Were you a fan?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment