Friday 2 November 2018

Korean Drama - Thirty But Seventeen

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)

Google Images
It's time to share with you another Korean drama and today's Korean drama is Thirty But Seventeen also known as Still 17.
The series was written by Jo Sung-Hee and directed by Jo Soo-Won, it aired on SBS during the 10pm (KST) time slot on Monday and Tuesday. The series aired from the 23rd of July 2018 until the 18th of September 2018, running for 32 episodes, with each episode lasting 30 minutes each meaning 4 episodes a week.


*If there is only 1 picture of a cast member, it's because I couldn't find a screen grab of them in the series*

Main Cast:
Shin Hye-Sun as Woo Seo-Ri
Google Images

Park Si-Eun as Young Woo Seo-Ri
Google Images

Yang Se-Jong as Gong Woo-Jin
Google Images

Yoon Chan-Young as Young Gong Woo-Jin
Google Images

Ahn Hyo-Seop as Yoo Chan
Google Images

Supporting Cast:
Ye Ji-Won as Jennifer
Google Images

Jung Yoo-Jin as Hee-Soo
Google Images
Ahn Seung-Kyoon as Jin Hyun
Google Images

Wang Ji-Won as Kim Tae-Rin
 Google Images

Yoon Sun-Woo as Kim Hyung-Tae
 Google Images

Lee Do-Hyun as Dong Hae-Beom
Google Images

Jo Hyun-Sik as Han Deok-Soo
Google Images

The first script reading for the series took place on the 16th of May 2018, at the SBS studio in Tanhyun, Ilsan, South Korea.

I'm coming to enjoy OST's from Korean drama's, Thirty But Seventeen is no different, these are my favourite songs from the series and bring back scenes and memories from watching it.
Every Single Day - Seventeen

Hyolyn - Just Stay


Tarin - Thirty Waltz

A life can change in an instant!
Woo Seo-Ri is a 17-year-old violin prodigy, who is getting ready to study abroad in Germany, but a serious car accident leaves her in a coma.
Gong Woo-Jin, who feels he is to blame for the accident, is traumatised and plagued by the guilt from the accident. Thirteen years later, he works as a set designer but is emotionally cut off from everyone around him.
When Seo-Ri wakes up unexpectedly from her coma thirteen years later, she is in the body of a 30-year-old woman but is mentally still only 17.
Can Woo-Jin help her adjust to her new world and learn to live and love again?

Google Images
From start to finish, I was in love with this drama, for me it had all the things I want in a romance drama, it had me smiling, it had me laughing, it had me crying, it had me holding my breath in suspense and most importantly, it had me in love with the whole main and supporting cast. Each character has their comedic values as well as watching their heartbreaking stories unravel throughout the series. This was my first time watching watching the cast acting but I was blown away by each of them especially Yang Se-Jong, he's definitely been added to my favourite actors list to check out his past dramas. I loved Ye Ji-Won as Jennifer, she had me laughing and as her story unfolded I couldn't help but be in floods of tears. Shin Hye-Sun did an amazing job of making me think she was actually a 17-year-old girl stuck in the body of a 30-year-old woman, I love that while she's lost all her youth she doesn't give up in fighting for what she wants, even when she realises that with her age, her priorities change. But I think for me I have to give my main and big hand to Park Si-Eun and Yoon Chan-Young, I believe they have big and successful acting careers ahead of them and can't wait to see what their futures hold and how they will grow with each character.
If you love a romance drama that has you screaming at the screen, whooping with delight and crying with heartbreak, I mean what is a romance drama without shedding a few tears for and with the characters, then I highly recommend watching Thirty But Seventeen. So far I've watched 17 Korean dramas, but I must admit that Thirty But Seventeen has my favourite ending scene, I cried pretty hard at that final scene, and still tear up thinking about it. It's moments like that for me, that cements a drama as one of my favourite dramas and I definitely think that this drama is my favourite drama of 2018.

I would update on what drama's I am currently watching but with the addition of Moorim School, I'm still watching A Korean Odyssey and Murphy's Law of Love.

Have you watched Thirty but Seventeen?
Were you a fan?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!



안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment