Sunday 14 January 2024

Drama's Watched in 2023

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)

Google Images

Rather than having a post on my favourite dramas released through the year, I'm changing it up to the drama's I watched during the year, mainly because I was falling out of love with watching dramas, because the amount being released was putting pressure on me to watch them. Meaning I couldn't find the energy or patience to sit and watch them.

So here are the 9 drama's I watched in 2023.

Google Images
First we have Connect.
Connect is a 2022, South Korean sci-fi psychological thriller drama. The series was written by Masaru Nakamura and Ha dam, and directed y Takashi Mike.
It was released in Disney+ on the 7th of December 2022, and contains 6 episodes.
The series starred June Hae In, Go Kyung Pyo and Kim Hye Jun.
I really enjoyed this drama, it definitely takes unexpected twist and turns, the casting was spot on and I can only hope Disney+ release a 2nd season, but since there's been no news, it's looking doubtful.
If you watch this drama than definitely pay attention as it can get confusing quickly if you're not paying attention.

Google Images
Next we have The Glory.
The Glory is a South Korean revenge thriller drama, written by Kim Eun Sook and directed by Ahn Gil Ho.
The series has a total of 16 episodes and was split into 2 parts, with part 1 being released 30th of December 2022, and part 2 being released the 10th of March 2023.
The series starred Song Hye Kyo, Lee Do Hyun, Lim Ji Yeon, Yeom Hye Ran, Park Sung Hoon and Jung Sung Il.
This series was definitely one of my favourites, I don't think there was an episode where my jaw wasn't hitting the floor. The cast was perfection, from the main cast to the supporting cast, everyone brought their game to this series. I highly recommend watching this drama.

Google Images
Next we have Perfect and Casual.
Perfect and Casual is a 2020 Chinese romantic comedy drama, directed by Li Shuang.
The series has a total of 24 episodes airing between the 28th of September and the 20th of October 2020.
The series starred Wei Zhe Ming and XU Ruo Han.
I really enjoyed this drama, it was really cute and had me laughing throughout. I really enjoyed the cast, I thought they did a really good job and definitely gave me new actors to check out.

Google Images
Next we have Our Dating Sim.
Our Dating Sim is a 2023, South Korean BL romance drama.
The series was written by Lee Yun Seul and directed by Lim Hyun Hee.
The series aired 9th March 2023 - 30th March 2023.
It's a short series with 8 short episodes.
The series starred Lee Seung Gyu and Lee Jong Hyuk.
I loved this series, normally BL dramas are quite fast paced, but even though the episodes were only 15-20 minutes long. It flows really well, nothing seems rushed and you get a clear story and conclusion, without feeling things were missed. The male leads were amazing, even watching behind the scenes, they seemed to get on and have good chemistry.

Google Images
Next we have My Lethal Man.
My Lethal Man is a 2023 mystery romance drama.
The series was directed by Chu De Jian.
The series has a total of 24 episodes, the series began airing 13th January 2023.
The series starred Li Mo Zhi and Fan Zhi Xin.
This is your typical hate into love series, and I won't deny that I had a dislike to our male lead at first, but overall the cast did an amazing.

Google Images
Next we have The Tasty Florida.
The Tasty Florida is a 2021 romance BL drama, directed by Yang Kyung Hee and Yang Kyoeng Hui.
The series has a total of 8 episodes, and aired September 24th - October 15th 2021.
The series starred Cha Woo Min and Yoo Hwan.
This was a short and sweet series, but I was left wanting more, I think they could have done so much more with this show. I also had 2nd male lead syndrome, I totally wanted to see something happen with the main and 2nd lead.

Google Images
Next we have Zombiverse.
Zombieverse is a 2023 South Korean half-scripted real-variety show, it's a Netflix Original, it has 8 episodes and was released on the 8th of August.
The series starred Lee Si Young, Ro Hong Chul, Park Na Rae, DinDin, Tsuki, Yoo Hee Kwan, Yiombi Johnathan, Yiombi Patricia, Kkwachu Hyung and Dex.
If you haven't watched this I highly recommend it, I say it's half scripted because the concept and tasks are scripted, how the contestants of the show speak and react aren't scripted. I couldn't stop laughing throughout this show, especially at Tsuki, at times she had me crying with laughter. It definitely puts a comedic spin on a zombie outbreak.

Google Images
Next we have Celebrity.
Celebrity is a 2023 thriller drama, written by Kim Yi Young and directed by Kim Cheol Kyu.
The series contains 12 episodes that released 12 episodes through Netflix on June 30th 2023.
The series starred Park Gyu Young, Kang Min Hyuk, Lee Chung Ah, Lee Dong Gun and Jun Hyo Seong.
I loved this drama, the casting was perfect and I was on the edge of my seat from start to finish. I loved the whole sections of the female lead teaching us about social media and how to become a successful social media influencer. The twist at the end had my jaw on the floor as I was not expecting it.

Google Images
Last up we have Sweet Home 2.
Sweet Home 2 is a 2023 South Korean apocalyptic horror television series and is the 2nd season of Sweet Home. The series is written by Hong So Ri, Kim Hyung Min and Park So Jung, and directed by Lee Eung Bok and Park So Hyun.
The series has 8 episodes and aired December 1st 2023.
The series starred Song Kang, Lee Jin Wook, Lee Si Young, Go Min Si, Jimyoung, Yu Oh Seong, Oh Jung Se, Kim Moo Yul and Kim Sia.
I loved the the new cast additions to this season, and while I was confused at times I really enjoyed season 2. There were times I was really shocked and gutted, and I would have been even more shocked by the twist at the end, if I hadn't seen someone ruin it on the day of release. I can't wait for season 3 to see how the show will conclude.

So there we have it, they were the dramas I watched in 2023, I look forward to checking out some new and old dramas in 2024, I have a few that I am looking forward to.

What drama's did you watch in 2023?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment