Sunday 1 October 2023

Korean Drama - Our Dating Sim

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)

Google Images

Our Dating Sim is a 2023, South Korean BL romance drama.
The series was written by Lee Yun Seul and directed by Lim Hyun Hee.
The series aired 9th March 2023 - 30th March 2023.
It's a short series with 8 short episodes.

Main Cast:
Lee Seung Gyu as Shin Ki Tae
Google Images

Lee Jong Hyuk as Lee Wan
Google Images

Supporting Cast:
Yu Seong Yong as Producer Ahn
Google images

Jung Jin Woo as Kim Tae Oh
Google Images

Sung Ryung as Sunny
Google Images

Park Si Young as Jamie
Google Images

Kim So Young as Lee Yeon
Google Images

Lee Jeong Chan as Han Kyung Wu (Ki Tae's Friend)
Google Images

This dramas has some pretty and stunning songs that fits the drama perfectly.
Cheero - Because of You

The Bridge - Romance

JNB - Couldn't Say

Lee Wan and Shin Ki Tae are best friends. At school, they are almost inseparable and are always to be found hanging out together outside the classroom. Lee Wan is also attracted to Shin Ki Tae, and wants to start a romantic relationship with him. One day, Lee Wan confesses his feelings to his friend, who is stunned by this. 
The duo parts ways on unhappy terms.
Now, seven years later, the two young men are trying to navigate the job market - with varying degrees of success. Shin Ki Tae has become a middle manager and a team leader of a startup gaming company. He has built up a reputation as a programming ace.
Lee Wan, meanwhile, has become a keen illustrator. When Shin Ki Tae's company posts a job ad for an illustrator for a new dating-themed game, Lee Wan comes for an interview.
Could romance spark for these two the second time around?

I make it no secret that I love a good BL drama and when I came across this one, I decided it needed to be watched, and I'm glad I did. The casting for the male leads were amazing, I couldn't imagine anyone else playing those roles.
It's a really short and sweet drama, you can watch all 8 episodes in one sitting, as they range no more than 15-20 minutes per episode.
I think the story flows pretty well for how short the episodes are, I wasn't left with any unanswered questions, the screenwriter did a really good job.
The cast did a great job, especially the leads, they pulled me in from the very first episode.
I really loved Lee Seung Gyu as Shin Ki Tae, I loved him in his role and I definitely want to check out any other drama's he's in. He's definitely got a smile that makes you fall for him. Shin Ki Tae came across as someone who loved having fun, I loved that even when they lost contact, he had an idea that the illustrator he was following online was Lee Wan and continued to support his work, unbeknownst that it was about him.
I also really loved Lee Jong Hyuk as Lee Wan, he really played his role perfectly. Lee Wan comes across as naive and a little unlucky with his dreams as well as his job searching. I felt sorry for him when it came out the seven years before there was a misunderstanding, meaning they both lost 7 years of their friendship (or maybe more than that).
I loved watching how things developed between the two of them, and I definitely felt we got closure by the end, while you always wonder what happens next for them, it ended perfectly, to not need a second season to see how it all played out.

Google Images

Have you watched Our Dating Sim?
Were you a fan of the cast?
Did you enjoy the plot and script?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment