Friday 12 January 2024

Favourite K-pop Debuts of 2023

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)

Google Images

Looking back on my favourite debuts, as you can see they were all male. I'm often told that I need to listen to more female groups and soloists but 2023 wasn't the year for me. It's not that I don't like female groups/soloists. I just lean more to the sound and music style of the male groups/soloists.
So let me share with you the 8 debuts I loved in 2023.

ZEROBASEONE
Google Images
ZEROBASEONE have to be my main favourite debut of 2023, their debut mini album was amazing, so much so that they appeared in my Top 20 K-pop Albums list for 2023.
Both their title tracks so far have been really good and catchy, as well as both of the mini albums really standing out.
In Bloom
Owned by WakeOne

BOYNEXTDOOR
Google Images
BOYNEXTDOOR's debut was amazing, I loved their first release, especially their debut title track. Even without knowing who they were I was pulled into being a fan just from that song. I'm even more of a fan now, knowing that they have a member whose name is LeeHan.
One and Only
Owned by KOZ Entertainment

XIKERS
Googles Images
I decided to check out Xikers debut because they're from KQ, the home of ATEEZ, and I was glad I did. Not only was there title track really good, their whole album was amazing and I loved the intro track on the album, it's something I've not really heard before and really got you hyped for the rest of the album.
TRICKY HOUSE
Owned by KQ Entertainment

LUN8
Google Images
I came across LUN8 because I was looking up updates from the past I-Land contestants and came across that Sungchul had debuted with the stage name Ian in LUN8, so I checked them out. I was hooked straight away with their title track. Their debut mini album is also really good.
Wild Heart
Owned by Fantagio Entertainment

8TURN
Google Images
I came across 8TURN the same way as LUN8, and it was while I was looking up updates on any of the I-Land contestants. I was happy to see that even though Kyungmin had left Hybe Label Japan, where he was a confirmed member of &Team. He had finally made his debut with 8TURN.
Both their mini albums are really good, but for me I love their 2nd mini album more, it stands out so much.
Excel
Owned by MNH Entertainment

One Pact
Google Images
For someone that didn't watch Boys Planet, there were contestants that I saw snippets of and were intrigued to see more of. One of those contestants was Jay, I liked him from seeing his first performance on Boys Planet, I was gutted to see he didn't debut in ZEROBASEONE. But I'm glad in a way because it meant not only did we get to see him release a solo album, but also debut with One Pact. I was also a fan of Ciipher, so I was gutted to see them disband but glad that Tag is getting another chance as he's really talented.
I really liked One Pact's debut and can't see what's next for them.
Must Be Nice
Owned by Armada Entertainment

Bang Yedam
Google Images
Bamg Yedam was one of the members of Treasure I knew and recognised before his departure from the group. So when I saw he had joined KINGDOM's company, I knew he would have more creative control with his music, than he did with YG. For me his solo debut mini album showcases why he left both YG and Treasure and if this is what we're going to get, I'm glad he made that decision. I loved his solo debut and can't wait to see more from him.
Only One
Owned by GF Entertainment

Shownu X Hyungwon
Google Images
As a MONBEBE, I was not only glad to see Shownu return from his military enlistment, but also see both he and Hyungwon debut as a unit. Hyunwon is such an underrated member of MONSTA X, and I think this unit debut shows that. They're definitely one of my favourite units.
Love Me A Little
Owned by Starship Entertainment

So there was my favourite debuts of 2023, I look forward to see what debuts 2024 brings as well as more releases from Bang Yedam and the groups mentioned in this post.

Who were some of your favourite debuts in 2023?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment