Tuesday 9 January 2024

My Top 10 K-pop Singles of 2023

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Last time I did a post like this for my favourite K-pop singles released, there were only 7 songs that I really loved, well that changed in 2023, and my post would be too long to include them all. So instead I'm going to share my top 10 singles of 2023, these are songs that were only digitally released and were a sole single, some may have later appeared on albums but they were released first as digital singles.

NO.10
Google Images
While I didn't listen to this as much as some other that were released, it had to have a place on my chart because it's such a memorable and catchy track. Not just that but Hwasa has been known to receive hateful comments because of her body shape, so knowing that PSY reached out to her specifically with this song makes me love it even more.
I Love My Body
Owned by P Nation

NO.9
Google Images
I was way too excited to see that VIXX was returning with a new single, while I was gutted that N would be absent from it, I still loved the song. I loved that it was a message to Starlight that no matter what was happening, it would be alright.
Gonna Be Alright
Owned Jellyfish Entertainment

NO.8
Google Images
This was such a good collaboration. Soyeon, Winter and Liz blended well together, I'd happily see more collaborations from them in the future. It's a really catchy song, it reminds me of a different song at the chorus, but I just can't quite put my finger on it.
Nobody
Owned by Cube, SM & Starship

NO.7
Google Images
2023 saw 4 out of 5 members of A.C.E return from their military service, and to celebrate they released 4 singles. For me Effortless came out as my favourite and they released it in both English and Korean. I absolutely adore A.C.E so I can't wait for them to release and album and for Yuchan to return.
Effortless
Owned by Beat Interactive

NO.6
Google Images
When I first heard this song I didn't think it was Mark, for me it's far from the NCT Mark that we know, that it makes me look forward to the day he gets to release his own solo album.
Golden Hour
Owned by SM Entertainment

NO.5
Google Images
When this song released, I had it on repeat a lot, it's such a catchy song. It's one of those songs that it's easy to learn the lyrics to sing along to.
Better Things
Owned by SM Entertainment

NO.4
Google Images
While this song isn't in Korean, it's being included because Jun is a K-pop idol, being a member of Seventeen. From the very first listen of this track, I was hooked. The melody and tempo suit Jun's voice and vocals perfectly
Psycho
Owned by Pledis Entertainment

NO.3
Google Images
There's something about BXB, I always love their releases. Their vocals and raps always stand out, I'm just sad that they're seriously underrated. They deserve so much more recognition.
도약 (跳躍; Fly Away)
Owned by Wolfburn

NO.2
Google Images
If you want a group that puts their all into what they do, as well as for their fans, then PENTAGON are that group. This song is stunning from the melody, to the vocals, to the raps, to the message. While most of the members have left Cube Entertainment and for now will do their own thing, I have no doubt that they will return together to release music as a group again. This is not them saying farewell, it's them saying see you soon.
With UNIVERSE
Owned by Cube Entertainment

NO.1
Google Images
I've been obsessed with this song since it got released. I absolutely love it, I had it on repeat that much that it was only right that this would be my No.1 single of 2023. I was in love with this song from the first beat of the melody, I listened to it that much that it didn't take me long to learn the lyrics for the chorus.
Ponytail
Owned by AOMG

Other songs released in 2023 that I loved include Just B & Alexa with MBTI, Dino with Wait, NINE.i with Neverland, Forestella with Kool, JinJin with Wave in My Heart and Chanyeol with Good Enough. There were quite a few more too. 
I look forward to what 2024 brings.

What were your favourite singles of 2023?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment