Monday 5 June 2023

Taemin - Never Gonna Dance Again: Act 1

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Never Gonna Dance Again: Act 1 is Taemin's 3rd full length album.
On the 3rd of August 2020, the 2 Kids M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 4th of August 2020, the 2 Kids M/V was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 29th of August 2020, the Mood Sampler - Suspect Version released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 30th of August 2020, the Mood Sampler - Innocent Version was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 4th of September 2020, the Criminal M/V Teaser 1 was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 5th of September 2020, the Criminal M/V Teaser 2 was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 7th of September 2020, the Criminal M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of the Never Gonna Dance Again: Act 1 album.
Owned by SM Entertainment

Taemin co-wrote on the lyrics for track 2 Kids.

Never Gonna Dance Again: Act 1 peaked at No.1 on the Circle Albums Chart, No.11 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.34 on the UK Digital Albums Chart and No.11 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Circle Sales = 153,926+
Oricon Sales = 7,875+
Giving the album a total of 161,801+ in physical sales so far.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Criminal has so far gained 41,699,530 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

Never Gonna Dance Again: Act 1 was released in 2 versions: Suspect and Innocent.
Both versions are set out in a paperback book case with a slipcase, and comes with the Cd, photo book, folded poster, random evidence card and a random photo card.
Both versions have different photo books as well as album cover colours, with the Criminal version being red and the Innocent version being black.

Track List:
Criminal
일식 (Black Rose) Feat. Kid Milli
Strangers
해몽 (Waiting For)
Famous (Korean Ver.)
Clockwork
Just Me and You
네모 (Nemo)
2 Kids








































I have the Criminal version and the album's layout is pretty simple, I love the design on the Cd plate.
The photo book fits really well with the concept, it gives me a dark and eerie feeling.
The album itself suits Taemin's style perfectly, each track is different and shows off different sides and genre's throughout.

Criminal is one of my favourite title tracks from Taemin, this is a song I never get bored of listening to. I love everything about it, especially the melody. Taemin's vocals are just the icing on the cake. This is the type of Taemin that I love.
Criminal

일식 (Black Rose) Feat. Kid Milli is definitely one of my favourite b-side's on this album, the contrast between Taemin's vocals and Kid Milli's rap makes this track vocally perfect. The melody gives it an eerie feeling with some of it sounding like a lullaby from a music box, it's definitely a track I would love to see performed live as it really plays with the senses.
일식 (Black Rose) Feat. Kid Milli

For me Strangers is on another level, I love the tempo of the track, I especially love the melody, it suits Taemin's vocal tone perfectly. His voice in this track is on another level. I could see this track being a part of the soundtrack for either a thriller or supernatural drama.
Strangers

The melody for 해몽 (Waiting For) reminds me of another song but I can't put my finger on why because no song comes to mind. It also makes me think of something like the tango, it kind of gives me a slight exotic vibe. For me this track seems a little more chilled out than the track before it.
해몽 (Waiting For)

I'm sure everyone was excited to get Famous (Korean Ver.), while I love this track, for me it's not one of my favourites. It still gets my foot tapping though.
Famous (Korean Ver.)

I think Taemin has such a beautiful vocal tone when it comes to ballads like Clockwork, his voice is stunning against the melody of this track. You don't have to understand Korean to enjoy the beauty of this song.
Clockwork

I love the way Taemin's voice blends with the melody of Just Me and You, it's such a catchy melody and I always find myself humming along to this track.
Just Me and You

네모 (Nemo) kind of gives me SHINee vibes, something which I don't think I've ever had when it comes to their solo stuff. For me I think this track is an easy listening style of song, something you can just sit back and relax.
네모 (Nemo)

2 Kids is one of my favourite tracks from this album, as well as one of my favourite Taemin b-side's and knowing that Taemin had a hand in writing the lyrics for it, makes it that even more special. His voice is perfection in this track,
2 Kids

This album is such a good album and as always Taemin put his all into it, I think with each album he shows that he isn't scared to try new things and sees his music as art and a way to help and influence his listeners, he likes to go past the boundaries of what it deemed normal for men and women and show that you can do anything as long as you put your mind to it.
He really is an underrated vocalist, and he never lets that sway him.

Taemin has now been discharged and has completed his military service, which can only mean one thing which I'm insanely excited about SHINee is back. I can't wait to see what they bring us now they're all back and I also can't wait to see what boundaries Taemin pushes on his next solo release.

Were you a fan of Never Gonna Dance Again: Act 1?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on Criminal as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.
See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment