Friday 31 December 2021

My Top 10 Dramas of 2021

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)

Google Images

I can't believe it's that time again, it's time to share with you my top 10 dramas released in 2021, I've watched less than 20 dramas this year but I still wanted to pick my top 10 out of those dramas. There's still lots of dramas released this year that I want to watch and finish watching.
But for now here is My Top 10 Dramas of 2021!

NO.10
Google Images
Coming in at No.10 we have the Chinese drama My Little Happiness, starring Xing Fei as Cong Rong, Tang Xiao Tian as Wen Shao Qing, U. Lin Huang as Zhou Cheng Cheng and Leon Li as Wen Rang.
My Little Happiness is a Chinese romantic comedy drama, written by Liu Fei and Liu Chen Guang, and directed by Yang Long.
I've made it no secret about how Xing Fei is my favourite Chinese actress, I loved the onscreen chemistry with Xing Fei and Tang Xiao Tian. The cast was amazing and I loved the story of the main and 2nd leads.

NO.9
Google Images
Coming in at No.9 we have the Korean drama A Love So Beautiful, starring Kim Yohan as Cha Heon, So Joo Yeon as Shin Sol-i, Yeo Hoe Hyun as Woo Dae Sung, Jo Hye Joo as Kang Ha Yeong and Jeong Jin Hwan as Jeong Jin Hwan.
A Love So Beautiful is a 2020/2021 South Korean coming-of-age drama written by Choi Yoo Jung and Jang Yoo Yeon, and directed by Seo Min Jung.
For his first drama I think Kim Yohan did an amazing job, I'm definitely keeping my eyes open for all his acting roles. The whole cast was amazing and they looked liked they all had amazing chemistry on set together. The plot was really cute and fun, it's definitely a series I could watch all over again.

NO.8
Google Images
Coming in at No.8 is the Korean drama Hellbound, starring Yoo Ah In as Jeong Jon Soo, Kim Hyun Joo as Min Hye Jin, Park Jeong Min as Bae Youngjae, Won Jin Ah as Song So Hyun and Yang Ik June as Jin Kyeong Hoon.
Hellbound is a dark fantasy drama written and directed by Yeon Sang Ho and based on his own webtoon of the same name.
I won't go into too much detail as I haven't blogged about this drama yet, but for me, Hellbound was all sorts of new for me when it comes to this type of drama. The cast was amazing and it definitely played with all your emotions throughout the story, I'm curious to see what happens in season 2 and how the story continues to unfold.

NO.7
Google Images
Coming in at No.7 is the Korean drama Monthly Magazine Home starring Kim Ji Seok as Yu Ja Seong and Jung So Min as Na Young Won.
Monthly Magazine Home is a Romance drama written by Myeong Soo Hyeon and directed by Lee Chang Min.
The main reason I love this drama is how simple it is, I don't think it's your typical romance drama and I absolutely loved Kim Ji Seok as Kim Ja Seong, I spent a lot of time laughing because of how clueless his character was when it came to relationships. The cast were definitely amazing, it had a lot of humour, I really enjoyed it.

NO.6
Google Images
Coming in at No.6 we have the Korean drama Imitation, starring Jung Ji So as Lee Ma Ha, Lee Jun Young as Kwon Ryok, Park Jiyeon as La Ri Ma and Jeong Yunho as Lee Yu Jin.
Imitation is an Idol drama written Choi Sun Young and Kim Min Jung, and directed by Han Hyun Hee, based on the webtoon of the same name by Park Kyung Ran.
The main thing I loved about this drama is how it brought to life the hardships that idol trainees have to face, it really dug into the dark side of K-pop and how idols are unable to have a normal private life. I love that even though we got to see trainees debut, it wanted to reminded the viewers that not all trainees succeed and how it can have such sad a drastic conclusions for some.

NO.5
Google Images
Coming in at No.5 we have Korean drama So I Married the Anti-Fan, starring Choi Tae Joon as Hoo Joon, Choi Soo Young as Lee Geun Young, Hwang Chan Sung as JJ/Choi Jae Joon, Han Ji An as Oh In Hyung and Kim Min Kyu as Go Soo Hwan.
So I Married the Anti-Fan is a 2021, South Korean romantic comedy drama series, written by Kim Eun Jung and Nam Ji Yeon, and directed by Kang Cheol Woo.
I absolutely loved this drama, I loved the growth between the male and female lead, you really got to see character development with the male and female lead as well as the 2nd male and female lead. I'd happily watch it again as for me it's not really a drama I think I would get bored of.

NO.4
Google Images
Coming in at No.4 we have the Japanese BL drama A Man Who Defies The World Of BL, starring Inukai Atsuhiro as Mob.
A Man Who Defies The World Of BL is a 2021, Japanese Boys Love romance fantasy drama, written by Izumi Kawasaki and directed by Koichiro Miki. The series is adapted from the manga of the same name, written by Konkichi.
This drama was hilarious, all the cast were spot on and I don't think I ever stopped laughing throughout the short series. I hope we get a 2nd season and see how Mob's story develops as well as everyone around him.

NO.3
Google Images
Coming in at No.3 we have Korean drama Squid Game, starring Lee Jung Jae as Seong Gi Hun, Park Hae Soo as Cho Sang Woo, Jung Ho Yeon as Kang Sae Byeok, Oh Yeong So as Oh Il Nam, Heo Sung Tae as Jang Deok Seo, Anupam Tripathi as Abdul Ali, Kim Joo Ryoung as Han Mi Nyeo and Wi Ha Joon as Hwang Jun Ho.
Squid Game is a South Korean Netflix Original survival drama series, written and directed by Hwang Dong Hyuk.
For me Squid Game had to rank high on my list, because for me there was nothing I could fault, we were obviously left with some unanswered questions in the final episode, but I can't wait to see how the series continues to unfold. The cast were amazing and definitely one of my favourite Korean casting this year, I also love that hit made more people aware of Korean dramas.

NO.2
Google Images
Coming in at No.2 we have the Korean BL drama Wish You: Your Melody From My Heart, starring Kang In Soo as Kang In Soo and Lee Sang as Yoon Sang Yi.
Wish You: Your Melody From My Heart is a 2020/2021 South Korean Viki Original BL web drama directed by Sung Do Joon.
I love everything about this drama, it never gets old, I love the story, I love the cast and I especially love the soundtrack. I've lost count of how many times I've watched it and each time I watch it, it still as exciting and captivating as the first time.

DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!

NO.1
Google Images
Coming in at No.1 and taking the top spot as my favourite drama of 2021 is the Chinese drama Miss Crow With Mr. Lizard, Starring Fei Xing as Jiang Xiao Ning, Allen Ren as Gu Chuan, Wayne Liu as Xu Cheng Ran, Chloe Zhao as Zhao Yan ad Ge Shi Min as Su Man Lin.
Miss Crow With Mr. Lizard is a  romantic comedy drama series written by Yang Ni Kou and Liu Chang, and directed by Qiang Wu.
Allen Ren and Fei Xing are definitely my favourite leads from a drama in 2021, I loved their chemistry, this drama also sealed the reason why I'm such a big fan of Fei Xing. I loved the story and the casting for this drama, I can only hope we could get a 2nd season to see what happens with Jiang Zhao Yan and Gu Chuan. I may even start watching this show again because I miss the cast.

And that concludes my Top 10 Dramas of 2021, I can't wait to see what dramas we get in 2022, I already have some that I waiting for their release to be able to watch like the Korean drama All Of Us Are Dead, as well as Taiwanese drama The Victims' Game 2 and Japanese drama Alice In Borderland 2.

What was your No.1 drama of 2021?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment