Friday 19 November 2021

Japanese Drama - A Man Who Defies The World Of BL

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)

Google Images

A Man Who Defies The World Of BL is a 2021, Japanese Boys Love romance fantasy drama, written by Izumi Kawasaki and directed by Koichiro Miki.
The series is adapted from the manga of the same name, written by Konkichi.
It aired originally with 1 episode through TV Asahi and was later released on Viki on the 23rd of July 2021, containing 4 episodes.

Main Cast:
Inukai Atsuhiro as Mob
Google Images

Supporting Cast:
Goto Yutaro as Ayato {Mob's younger brother}
Google Images

Shiono Akihisa as Toujou {Ayato's friend)
Google Images

Ito Asahi as Kikuchi {Mob's classmate}
Google Images

Wada Hayate as Mayama {BL manga artist}
Google Images

Hama Shogo as Akihito {Mob's classmate}
Google Images

Yabe Masaki as Ryouta {Mob's friend}
Google Images

Kobayashi Ryota as Toma {Mob's friend}
Google Images

Kuriyama Wataru as Sakita
Google Images

Kitamura Ryo as Kaji
Google Images

Kusachi Ryono as Takimoto {Mob's friend}
Google Images

Kondo Yohdi as Usui {Ayato's friend}
Google Images

Tamura Shin as Yanagi {Ayato's friend}
Google Images

Sadamoto Fuma as Misaki
Google Images

Kominami Koji as Utsumi
Google Images

Nakamoto Taiga as Hikari
Google Images

Honda Kyoya as Shun
Google Images

Sunagawa Shuya as Miyoshi
Google Images

Sakata Hideaki as Haruo
Google Images

Uno Yuya as Kuroda
Google Images

Usa Takuma as Yuuki
Google Images

I have to mention the songs from this series because not only were they both catchy but the opening was also really funny, it made me giggle every time it started the episodes, I wish I could show you the opening credits, but sadly, I can only find the song to share with you.
Atsuhiro Inukai with LoveBoys - Ore Wa Mobu



Just an average college student, living his average life "Mob" had never once considered the fact that his life might be anything other than ordinary. With each day passing very much like the one before, Mob might have been stuck in his average, ordinary life forever. But a sudden epiphany causes Mob to see the world in a whole new light, flipping his ordinary world upside down in an instant.
Now fully aware of the fact that he is living inside a "world of BL", Mob can't seem to go anywhere without being caught in some boys' love story. From school classmates to his own little brother, Mob finds himself surrounded by boys whose sole purpose in life seems to be to fall in love. Determined to keep himself from becoming the world's protagonist, Mob assigns himself the role of a background character, but no matter how hard he tries, he can't seem to escape the love scenarios unfolding all around him.
Constantly bombarded by love-struck boys, Mob does everything he can to fight back, but even as he fights, he feels his will beginning to crumble. With one special boy slowly stealing his heart, Mob begins to wonder, how much longer will he be able to fight the inevitable?

This drama is one of my favourites to be released during 2021, I love that while it is BL drama, it makes fun of the BL franchise at the same time, I've never read the manga, but now after watching this series, it's definitely a manga series I want to get my hands on.
The cast did an amazing job and I'd happily watch it again for them alone, especially for our "Mob" Inukai Atsuhiro, he did awesome in the lead role, I loved that he read BL manga to notice and avoid the signs of another guy taking an interest in him, I have to say my favourite scene has to be when Utsumi asks him if he'd prefer to go somewhere else with him and his response is to just scream, I don't think I've ever laughed that loud at a drama scene before, even Skye looked at me puzzled.
I love that throughout there are jokes about BL, whether it be that flowers appear round the pretty boy or the glare that turns to love, the more it joked about what BL fans love the more I found myself laughing.
I went into this drama, expecting the usual BL story, but it definitely exceeded my expectations, I think I can honestly say that while it's a short series, it's definitely one of my favourite Japanese dramas and I can only hope that we get a 2nd season to see how Mob is adjusting to the world he wants to avoid so much.
I can't say I highly recommend this show enough, even if you're not a fan of BL, I'd say give it a watch and I'm sure you'll love the comedy aspect, because let's be honest I laughed from start to finish.

Have you watched A Man Who Defies The World Of BL?
Were you a fan of the cast?
Were you a fan of the plot and script?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment