Monday 22 November 2021

Kim Woojin - The Moment: 未成年, A Minor

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Kim Woojin is a South Korean soloist that debuted in 2018, as a member of the boy group Stray Kids, on the 28th of October 2019, it was announced that for personal reasons, Woojin had left both JYP Entertainment and Stray Kids.

The Moment: 未成年, A Minor is Woojin's debut solo mini album.
On the 28th of June 2021, Woojin's pre-debut single Still Dream was announced.
On the 2nd of July 2021, Concept Photo 1 was released.

On the 3rd of July 2021, Concept Photo 2 was released.

On the 4th of July 2021, the Lyrics Photos were released.

On the 5th of July 2021, the Still Dream M/V Teaser 1 was released.
Owned by 10x Entertainment
On the 6th of July 2021, the Still Dream M/V Teaser 2 was released.
Owned by 10x Entertainment
On the 8th of July 2021, the Still Dream M/V was released, along with the track being released digitally.
Owned by 10x Entertainment
On the 12th of July 2021, the Still Dream Dance Practice video was released.
Owned by 10x Entertainment
On the 18th of July 2021, Woojin's debut mini album was announced.
On the 19th of July, another album image was released.
On the 22nd of July 2021, Concept photo 1 was released.

On the 23rd of July 2021, Concept Photo 2 was released.
On the 24th of July 2021, Concept Photo 3 was released.

On the 25th of July 2021, the My Growing Pains Audio Teaser was released.
Owned by 10x Entertainment
On the 26th of July 2021, the In My Space Audio Teaser was released.
Owned by 10x Entertainment
On the 27th of July 2021, the Purple Sky Audio Teaser was released.
Owned by 10x Entertainment
On the 28th of July 2021, the Track List was released.
On the 29th of July 2021, the Album Teasing Photos were released.



On the 30th of July 2021, the Ready Now M/V Teaser 1 was released.
Owned by 10x Entertainment
On the 3rd of August 2021, the Ready Now M/V Teaser 2 was released.
Owned by 10x Entertainment
On the 4th of August 2021, the Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by 10x Entertainment
On the 5th of August 2021, the Ready Now M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of his debut mini album The Moment: 未成年, A Minor.
Owned by 10x Entertainment
On the 11th of August 2021, the Ready Now Dance Practice video was released.
Owned by 10x Entertainment
On the 18th of August 2021, the Ready Now M/V (Stage Ver.) was released.
Owned by 10x Entertainment
On the 15th of September 2021, the My Growing Pains M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by 10x Entertainment
On the 16th of September 2021, the My Growing Pains M/V was released.
Owned by 10x Entertainment
On the 28th of September 2021, the In My Space M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by 10x Entertainment
On the 29th of September 2021, the In My Space M/V was released.
Owned by 10x Entertainment

Woojin co-wore on the lyrics for Intro: Alea iacta est, My Growing Pains, Still Dream, In My Space, Purple Sky and title track Ready Now.

The Moment: 未成年, A Minor peaked at No.7 on the Gaon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 15,448+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Still Dream has so far gained 1,883,500 million views through his official channel and gained 1,175,667 million views through the Stone Music Entertainment channel, giving the M/V a combined view count of 3,059,167 so far.
The M/V for Ready Now has so far gained 1,357,925 through his official channel and gained 120,035 views through the Stone Music Entertainment channel, giving the M/V a combined view count of 1,477,960 million so far.

The Moment: 未成年, A Minor was released in 3 version: A, B and C.
The album is set out in a box case and comes with the Cd, photo book, folded poster, postcard, sticker sheet, random film photo card and a random photo card.
All 3 versions have different album covers and different photo books.

Track List:
Intro: Alea iacta est.
Ready Now
My Growing Pains
Still Dream
In My Space
Purple Sky







































I have Version C of the album, I think the layout is simple, but I think the album covers look more artistic than the usual K-pop album cover. I really like the photo book, it's really basic and simple, I think it definitely shows off a lower budget, it makes me think of a normal photo shoot in a studio, makes me wonder if it's down to the budget or if Woojin is trying to remind people he's like everyone else, he's just seen as an idol. It does look like he had fun though creating the pictures for the photo books, it's bright and colourful, which is why I think I was more pulled towards this version.
The tracks on the album, for me are breath taking, I loved each track, the more I listen and the more I look into the songs and lyrics, I can see he is trying to tell his story, makes me wonder more about his past and his journey. Each track is different and showcase his vocals perfectly.

I love Intro: Alea iacta est, I think it really describes an idols life, they're put so high on a pedestal and it's easy for them to fall from that great height. A lot of them have to put on a front and be someone they're not to be able to have their music and talent heard. For me this shows Woojin isn't here to play, he wants to prove that no matter what abuse people throw his way he will overcome it and keeping walking his own path. This intro to me not only brings up Woojin's past as a member of Stray Kids, but also the allegations and hate received.
Intro: Alea iacta est.

I absolutely love the melody for Ready Now, I fell in love with song on my very first listen. I love how Woojin's vocals sound against the melody I personally think this is a perfect solo debut song for him as well as a perfect title track. He's starting from scratch, but not only that he's starting from the bottom with a smaller company, with more judging eyes, some of which are sadly waiting for him to fall. I think this song is a perfect message to both his supporters and haters.
Ready Now

When I read what My Growing Pains was about, it made me think more about his time in Stray Kids and made me wonder if he was being forced to be someone he's not, which made me think more about why he left. For me it seems more that he wanted to go in a completely different direction to what the group was going and wanted to be more open about who he is and what music he wanted to use to tell his story. I absolutely love this song, I love the simple melody, that allows his vocals to shine through, listening to this song for the first time, it actually made me emotional, and the more I listen to it, the more I fall in love with this song and Woojin's voice.
My Growing Pains

The melody for Still Dream is stunning and Woojin's vocals make it perfect, I think this is a perfect song to remind people to never give up on their dreams, no matter what they are. For me this song sounds empowering and doesn't discriminate, you can hear and sense his drive and emotion in his voice. This was a perfect choice for a pre-debut single, I think it showed that he was no longer scared to fight back, and prove that people were wrong about him.
Still Dream

I don't think any album from Woojin would be complete without a track like In My Space, Woojin's voice can really stand out with the most simplistic melodies. This song is stunning, no matter how many times I listen to it, I always stop what I'm doing and really listen. For me this track makes me wonder just how much he'd been held back vocally. I've said in past Stray Kids posts that I loved his voice, but for me this song, puts his voice on another level.
In My Space

I think the melody for Purple Sky is really bright, uplifting and refreshing, it may sound weird, but to me the way Woojin sings this song and with the melody, it's like a weight has been lifted off his shoulders, he sounds relieved.
Purple Sky

This albums is such an amazing album that I often have it on repeat, I'll be the first to admit that when the allegations came out about him, I was quick to judge, because even though I was a fan of Stray Kids and loved hearing his voice, I didn't really no much about him or his personality, I assumed JYP had removed him and cancelled his contract because he had broken one of their rules, but the more I get to know the Kim Woojin of now, I feel more like he was unable to be true to himself or reach his full potential as a singer. I will always regret making a snap judgement and I'm glad that he's now finally able to prove his innocence, and I hope more people will stop judging on false allegations, whether it be edited videos or post from haters. I feel sorry for him that no matter what his future holds, there will always be people that are swayed by what has happened in the past, even when he's proven innocent. But all I will say is just listen to his debut mini album, listen to his story and I think you'll hear the sincerity in his voice and songs.
I may not class myself as a Cub, but that does not mean I won't be joining him in his new journey, I will continue to listen to his music and fall in love with his voice all over again, each time I listen to him sing.

Well done on your solo debut Woojin and I can't wait to see what you bring us with your next release, keep proving everyone wrong.

Were you a fan of The Moment: 未成年, A Minor?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on Ready Now as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track on the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment