Tuesday 12 February 2019

Mushroom Stroganoff

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


So far we're doing good when it comes to eating at the table, with the only exception being McDonalds and Dominoes. I've noticed since eating at the table Skye not only pretty much clears her plate, but she's willing to try more new recipes, for example today's recipe that I'm sharing with you Mushroom Stroganoff.
Let's get cooking!


Ingredients:
25 g butter
1 onion, finely chopped
450 g closed-cup mushrooms, quartered
1 tsp tomato puree
1 tsp wholegrain mustard
150 ml creme fraiche 
1 tsp paprika
Salt and pepper
Flat-leaf parsley sprigs

Start off by heating the butter in a large frying pan, add the onions and cook gently for 5-10 minutes until soft.


Next add the mushrooms to the frying pan and stir-fry for a few minutes until they begin to soften.

Next stir in the tomato puree and mustard, then add the creme fraiche, cooking gently and stirring constantly for about 5 minutes.


Lastly stir in the paprika and season to taste with salt and pepper.


Now you're ready to serve and garnish if you wish to with the fresh-leaf parsley, I actually forgot to garnish mine, but I did serve them with my paprika potato wedges.

This dish was a success, once Skye finished eating, she asked when I would be cooking it again as she really enjoyed it. I will happily make this again, it's an easy and simple dish to make as well as it being a cheap dish to buy all the ingredients for. Perfect when you want to cook something quick and won't break the bank. I loved the flavours and thought it had a creamy texture from the creme fraiche. I didn't think neither myself or Skye especially would like this, but it's on my to make again list, it's a perfect weeknight meal.

See you soon!



안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment