Monday 11 February 2019

EXO - For Life

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


I've had this album on my to post list so many times, I always try and aim to write and post it during Christmas with it being a winter album, but always end up too busy, it's been delayed twice, so I decided to post it now instead of waiting again until December.

For Life is EXO's 5th mini album and on the 30th of November 2016, EXO was confirmed to be releasing their 5th mini album, with it being their 3rd special winter album. On the 13th of December 2016, the title of the album was announced to be For Life, withe M/V teaser for For Life being released on the 17th of December 2016.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 19th of December 2016, both the Korean and Chinese M/V's for For Life were released along with the physical and digital release of their 3rd special winter album of the same name.
Korean Version
Owned by SM Entertainment
Chinese Version
Owned by SM Entertainment

Unlike previous EXO albums, which were released in separate Korean and Chinese versions, For Life contains both the Korean and Chinese versions of the tracks, it's also the last time before Tempo's release that Lay featured on any EXO tracks.
Within the first week of it's release, For Life sold over 300,000 copies - EXO's second best first week album sales and the 3rd best first week sales in the history of South Korean album sales chart Hanteo. For Life became the 3rd best selling album on the Gaon Chart in 2016 with 444,887 copies sold.

For Life won EXO 1 music show trophy, taking the win on Music Bank.

For Life peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.7 on the Oricon Albums Chart and No.9 on the Billboard World Albums Chart. The album also peaked at No.3 on the Gaon Year-End Albums Chart and No.5 on the YinYueTai Year-End Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
442,592+
Oricon Sales:
22,826+
Chinese Sales:
269,004+
Giving the album a total sales of 734,422+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post.*
The Korean M/V for For Life has gained 23,019,022 million views, while the Chinese M/V has gained 3,483,421 million views.

For Life is set out in a paperback book style case, with the photo book being a combination of colour and black and white pictures.
The album comes with 2 Cd's, 1 being the Korean version and the other being the Chinese version. The album also comes with 2 postcards, a sticker and a random member photocard.

Track List:
(Korean)
For Life
Falling For You
What I Want for Christmas
Twenty Four
Winter Heat
-------------------------
(Chinese)
一生一事 (For Life)
亿万分之一的奇迹 (Falling For You)
再续冬季 (What I Want for Christmas)
二十四小时 (Twenty Four)
暖冬 (Winter Heat)
































It's not a winter release from EXO unless the title track is a ballad, sadly for me, For Life is not my favourite winter album or title winter track from EXO. It would have been nice to see them do a more upbeat song for winter and for Christmas, sadly for me the other tracks on this mini album outshine the title track. I think overall the whole album fits well together, with the tracks blending together and showcasing not only all the members vocals but also their rapping, for example I love Twenty Four as it shows off the rappers, while also showing of their vocal talent too. I love that the photo book is plain and simple, meaning the members get to shine more than the set, giving a warming winter feeling. I wouldn't say this was my favourite winter album or album altogether from EXO but I do enjoy listening to it and think it's way too short and I've often found myself pressing that play button again.

For Life - Korean Version


Falling For You - Korean Version


再续冬季 (What I Want for Christmas) - Chinese Version

Twenty Four - Korean Version


暖冬 (Winter Heat) - Chinese Version

I'm a little sad that we never got a special winter album last year, instead we got EXO's first and final comebacks for 2018, with Don't Mess Up My Tempo being released in November and their repackaged Love Shot in December, the Chinese version of Tempo saw the return of Lay with EXO. Sadly I think that was our last comeback from EXO as a full group for a while as oldest member Xiumin will be enlisting this year for his mandatory military service and I wouldn't be surprised if Suho enlists this year too. Super Junior showed that you can still be a active group while members are doing their military service, so I in no way think this is the last comeback from EXO.

Were you a fan of For Life?
Was For Life your favourite winter album so far?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment