Sunday 6 October 2024

Ham & Potato Cakes

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)

 


It's been a while since I cooked and shared a Pinch of Nom recipe, around 2 years to be exact. So it's time to give another recipe a go.
This recipe can be found in the Everyday Light recipe book and found in the Quick Meals section.

Let's get cooking!

Ingredients:
700g potatoes, peeled and chopped
300g cooked ham
4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
1 tsp mustard powder
2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 large egg yolk, beaten
cooking spray

Cook your potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for 20-30 minutes, until a knife slides easily into the potatoes.

Drain thoroughly and allow them to dry for a minutes. Place into a bowl and mash well.

Finely chop the ham and add to the potatoes.

Next add the spring onions, mustard powder and chopped parsley. Mix well. Then season with salt and pepper to taste.


Add the egg yolk, a little at a time to bind the mixture.


Form into 8 equal-sized cakes.

Spray cooking oil into a large frying pan and place over a medium heat.
Place 4 of the cakes in the pan and cook for about 5 minutes, flip and cook a further 5 minutes.
Once cooked slide onto a plate and cook the remaining 4 cakes.

Serve 2 cakes per person.
I served 3 each for both myself and Skye and served it with corn on the cob.



This recipe serves 4, but it was just me and Skye so I gave us both an extra cake than the serving suggestion.
I thought these cakes went really well the the corn on the cobs.
I enjoyed the flavours, but I think if I give these a go again, I'll turn the heat down slightly as they did burn, but overall they went down pretty well.

If you're interested in any of Pinch of Nom's recipe's then you can buy the recipe books in all major supermarkets as well as online retailers Waterstones and Amazon.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment