Monday 11 November 2019

Dreamcatcher - Raid of Dream

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Raid of Dream is Dreamcatcher's 5th mini album and is also a special album in collaboration with the mobile game 'King's Raid'.
On the 2nd of September 2019, Dreamcatcher's comeback was teased through a mystery code image on their official Instagram page. Just three days later on the 5th of September, teaser images A1 were released.





On the 6th of September, teaser image A2 was released.
On the 10th of September, teaser images B1 were released.




On the 11th of September, teaser image B2 was released.
On the 12th of September, the trailer for title track 데자부 (Deja Vu) was released.
Owned by Happyface Entertainment
On the 13th of September, the 데자부 (Deja Vu) lyrics spoiler was released.
Owned by Happyface Entertainment
On the 14th of September, the highlight medley for Raid of Dream was released.
Owned by Happyface Entertainment
On the 16th of September, the 데자부 (Deja Vu) dance preview was released.
Owned by Happyface Entertainment
On the 17th of September, the 데자부 (Deja Vu) M/V teaser was released.
Owned by Happyface entertainment
On the 18th of September, the M/V for 데자부 (Deja Vu) was released, along with the physical and digital release of their special album Raid of Dream.
Owned by Happyface Entertainment
On the 25th of September, the 데자부 (Deja Vu) dance video was released.
Owned by Happyface Entertainment

Raid of Dream peaked at No.3 on the Gaon Albums Chart and No.10 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
31,865+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 데자부 (Deja Vu) has so far gained 5,753,674 million views, with the views growing each day.

Raid of Dream was released in 2 versions a normal edition and a limited edition.
The normal edition is set out in a white fold out card case and comes with Cd, photo book, random red version photo card, random black version photo card, random selfie photo card, a random transparent photo card and a King's Raid game coupon.
The limited edition is set out in a red box case and comes with Cd, photo book, art of King's Raid photo book, random red version photo card, random black version photo card, random selfie photo card, a random transparent card, a pop-up box, mirror card, group transparent cards and a King's Raid game coupon.
The Cd plates are different colours and the photo books are slightly different.

Track List:
Intro
데자부 (Deja Vu)
거미의 저주 (The Curse of the Spider)
Silent Night
북극성 (Polaris)

































I can honestly say that this album is Dreamcatcher's best so far, I love the layout of the album itself, the photo book is absolutely stunning. Everything about this release is aesthetically pleasing, including the M/V. I also love the styling, especially their black outfits, even the choreography is breathtaking and elegant.
No Dreamcatcher album is complete without and instrumental Intro, I love how it starts with the piano and gradually starts to build up. I always love their intros, I think they start off their albums perfectly and you get a sense of how the album will be.
Intro
I'd have to say that 데자부 (Deja Vu), is my favourite title track from Dreamcatcher, I love the graceful buildup from the verses to the chorus, and that final blow up of the chorus, it's a track worthy of Dreamcatcher. I believe this is also the first title track also that we've not had any rapping from either Dami or Gahyeon, which I love, Dami is known for her rapping in the group so it's nice to see a softer side to her in a title track.
데자부 (Deja Vu)
Next we have a song that blew me away just from the highlight medley, 거미의 저주 (The Curse of the Spider), I honestly thought from the highlight medley this would be my favourite song off the album. I love that from the very start this song is full of power and hype as soon as you hear Siyeon's first line you know you're in for a powerful song. Even though this track is 3:10 long, I always feel like it's too short of a track.
거미의 저주 (The Curse of the Spider)
Next we have Silent Night, which is my main favourite track from the album, like many Insomnia's this song really reminded me of another of my favourite track's Sleep-Walking, it really is the sister track of that song. I think this song sounds really elegant, I love all of the vocals as well as the melody and I absolutely love the last part of the track, you just know there would be an amazing and strong dance performance to finish this song off.
Silent Night
Lastly we have the ballad 북극성 (Polaris), ballads from Dreamcatcher are always promising. I don't know what it is about this song, but it really reminds me of a winter song. The lyrics and the melody are just stunning. Each members voice shines, showing again how talented all 7 of them are. I would say this song is on par for me with Lullaby, which is my favourite ballad from the girls.
북극성 (Polaris)

I love this album from start to finish, I was honestly left overwhelmed by how each album they release it's better than the one before. They're such a talented and versatile group and I'm left feeling sorry that they're still to get their first music show trophy, even though they've deserved it since debut. I hope that in 2020 we are able to give them well deserved win and I can't wait to continue to watch them grow. Back in 2017 I named them my rookie girl group of that year and my love of them hasn't wavered, they still remain one of my favourite female groups and I hope I can one day see them live, I've missed two tours now and I can only hope and wish that I'll one day be able to be stood in their crowd.

Were you excited for Raid of Dream?
What were your thoughts on 데자부 (Deja Vu)
Do you have a favourite track from the mini album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment