Monday 4 November 2019

EXO-SC - What A Life

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


EXO-SC is the 2nd sub-unit group from the South Korean group EXO, consisting of EXO members Sehun and Chanyeol, on the 28th of June 2019, the new unit's name was announced to be EXO-SC, shortened for EXO SECHAN, it was also announced that they would be releasing their first mini album and it would be titled 'What A Life'. On the 12th of July 2019, it was revealed that they would have 3 title tracks as well as releasing the first teaser image.
On the 14th of July 2019, more teaser images were released.


On the 15th of July 2019,  two more teaser images were released.
On the 16th of July 2019, four more images were released.

 On the 17th of July 2019, two more images were released.

On the 18th of July 2019, the 'What A Life' Triple Title M/V Trailer was released, along with 4 more teaser images.
Owned by SM Entertainment


 On the 19th of July 2019, the 'What A Life' Highlight Medley was released, along with 2 more teaser images.
Owned by SM Entertainment

On the 20th of July 2019, the M/V for 있어 희미하게 (Just Us 2) (Feat. Gaeko) was released, along with the final 2 teaser images and the M/V teaser for 'What A Life'.
Owned by SM Entertainment

Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 22nd of July 2019, the M/V for 'What A Life' was released along with the physical and digital release of EXO-SC's debut mini album of the same name.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 26th of July 2019, the M/V was released for 부르면 돼 (Closer To You).
Owned by SM Entertainment

EXO-SC performed 'What A Life' and '부르면 돼 (Closer To You)' for the first time on the 19th of July 2019, during EXO's 5th concert EXO Planet #5 - The EXplOration. They held two showcase on the 22nd of July 2019, the first a press showcase and the second a showcase for the fans.

'What A Life' won them their first music show trophy, with them winning on Music Bank on the 2nd of August 2019.

Both Sehun and Chanyeol co-wrote on all 6 tracks of their mini album, with them both also co-composing on tracks 롤러코스터 (Roller Coaster) and 夢 (Daydreamin'). Chanyeol is credited under the name Loey.

What A Life peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.19 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.10 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.8 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
409,460+
Oricon Sales:
5,436+
Chinese Sales:
150,000+
US Sales:
1,000+
Giving the mini album 565,896+ total in sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 있어 희미하게 (Just Us 2) (Feat. Gaeko) has gained 2,649,908 million views, while the M/V for 부르면 돼 (Closer To You) has gained 4,218,640 million views and the M/V for What A Life has gained 19,794,738 million views, with the views for all three M/Vs continuing to increase daily.

What A Life is released in 3 versions: P, Y and G.
All three versions are set out in hardback book style case and come in a sticker sealed bag. All versions come with a Cd, photo book, poster, sticker, random name tag. random postcard and a random photo card.
The Y version is Yellow and is the group version, the P version is Pink and is the Sehun version and the G version is Green and is the Chanyeol Version, all the photo books are different and all of the Cd plates are colour designated to the versions.

Track List:
What A Life
있어 희미하게 (Just Us 2) (Feat. Gaeko)
부르면 돼 (Closer To You)
선 (Borderline)
롤러코스터 (Roller Coaster)
夢 (Daydreamin')














































I was really excited when I saw that EXO's next unit was Sehun and Chanyeol, Chanyeol is my bias in EXO and I love that they're now allowing Sehun to shine more.
I love the layout of the whole album as well as the design, I love the photo book, it's bright and shows that Sehun and Chanyeol not only have a fun loving side to them but also a more serious a mature side, I get the same feeling from the tracks on the album.
I definitely think What A Life is a fun loving track, I love the melody of the track and every time I listen to it I can't help but feel I'm back in the summer season, I think it's also a good dong to help hype you up for the day ahead.
What A Life
I think 있어 희미하게 (Just Us 2) is a more mature sound for them and it's not something I would have ever thought they would make, I love the melody, verses and chorus, it all just blends together really well. I think this is the perfect track to stick on at the end of your day, when it's time to chill out and relax.
있어 희미하게 (Just Us 2) (Feat. Gaeko)
I would have to say that 부르면 돼 (Closer To You) is one of my favourite tracks on the album, I remember that the first time I heard it, I was in love with Sehun's parts, but overall I love how they both sound in this song, I loved hearing both of their singing voices, they've definitely improved over the years.
부르면 돼 (Closer To You)
Another of my favourite tracks is 선 (Borderline), that intro beat and Sehun's voice, I just melted when I first heard it. I love how simple the music sounds, while still sounding perfect. This is definitely another one of their mature sounding tracks.
선 (Borderline)
With the melody of 롤러코스터 (Roller Coaster), I get feelings of a more slower What A Life, this track gives us what I feel we've not really had in any of the other songs, more intense raps. This track also shows how well Sehun and Chanyeol sound together, their voices really blend well together.
롤러코스터 (Roller Coaster)
I don't know what it is about 夢 (Daydreamin'), but it really makes me think of the autumn and winter seasons, as the leaves change and fall as well as walking through a winter wonderland. Maybe the whole point of this track is to make the listener themselves sit and daydream. I love that the album ends with a slower track, really showing how musically they have matured over the years.
夢 (Daydreamin')
Overall I was really surprised with this album, I expected each track to be a hyped up party track full of fast raps, but in fact we got an album that is more chilled out, showing off their vocal talents that they never really get to show off with EXO. Being an EXO-L and Chanyeol being my bias, I was actually more in awe of Sehun on this album, I think it really shows how much he's worked on improving himself and his voice, I'd definitely recommend this album if you want something to help you unwind at the end of the day.
I'm excited for EXO to make their comeback this month, although I know I'll miss hearing D.O and Xiumin's voice, I can't help to hear what they have to bring.

Were you excited to see Sehun and Chanyeol debut as a unit together?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment