Monday 7 October 2024

Blitzers - LUNCH-BOX

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Blitzers are a 6-member South Korean boyband formed in 2021 by Wuzo Entertainment. They debuted in May 2021 as a 7-member group, Go-U left the group in January 2024.
The members are:
Jinhwa
Google Images

Juhan
Google Images

Sya
Google Images

Chris
Google Images

Lutan
Google Images

Wooju
Google Images

Blitzers appeared on the 17th series of Britain's Got Talent, and finished as a semi-finalist in the live shows.
LUNCH-BOX is their 4th mini album.
On the 12th of June 2024, the LUNCH-BOX Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by Wuzo Entertainment
On the 14th of June 2024, the SUPERPOWER M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by Wuzo Entertainment
On the 19th of June 2024, the SUPERPOWER M/V was released along with the digital and physical release of LUNCH-BOX
Owned by Wuzo Entertainment
On the 24th of June 2024, the SUPERPOWER Performance M/V was released.
Owned by Wuzo Entertainment

Chris co-wrote on the lyrics for Race Up and SUPERPOWER (Eng. Ver.).
Chris and Juhan co-wrote on the lyrics for Ring Ring.

LUNCH-BOX peaked at No.9 on the Circle Albums Chart.
Circle Sales = 69,239+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for SUPERPOWER has so far gained 14,880,167 million views, with the views still continuing to slowly increase.

LUNCH-BOX was released in 3 versions: LUNCH, BOX and LETTER.
The Lunch & Box versions are set out in a card case and comes with the Cd, photobook, lunch-box sheet, bookmark, random napkin, sticker sheet, random Blitoon card and 2 random photo cards.
The Letter version is set out in a card case comes with the Cd, photo postcard set, 2 random photo cards, random polaroid style photo card and a random Blitoon card.
Photobooks for all versions are different.

Track List:
Race Up
SUPERPOWER
RING RING
빌어먹을 이 봄 따위 (FXXXIN SPRING)
SUPERPOWER (Eng. Ver)
Macarena (Eng. Ver)





























I've been actually listening to Blitzers title track Breathe Again for at least a couple of years as it often appeared on my Daily Mix on Spotify. It wasn't until they were teased to appear on Britain's Got Talent and I looked them up that I realised I already in a way knew who they were. I was insanely proud of both of their performances they did really well for a group that a majority of Brits know nothing about in the terms of a K-pop group.
I definitely knew I would be checking their comeback out and I wasn't let down.
I have the LUNCH version of the album, and while I already listened to the album and didn't think I would add a physical album to my K-pop collection. I just had to when I saw the albums design, it's way too cute for me not to have a physical copy.
The photobook is cute and colourful and the album itself really stands out, each track is different and shows a different vibe.

I absolutely love RACE UP, this song gives me nostalgic vibes as it reminds me of an older song but I can't think of what it reminds me of. I love the melody and it really suits each of the members. For me this is one of those songs that makes me feel bad for not checking them out properly when I first came across their debut title track. It's a perfect album opener.
RACE UP

I've been in love with SUPERPOWER since it's release. It's such a catchy and fun song. This is definitely a track that gets people dancing whether their a BLEE or not.
SUPERPOWER

RING RING slows it down a little and allows us to really pay attention to their vocals. I love the melody to this track, it's really relaxing. The high notes really blend in well too.
RING RING
Imbabey

The melody for 빌어먹을 이 봄 따위 (FXXXIN SPRING) is stunning. This really is a stunning ballad. The vocals and raps fit so perfectly with the tone and melody.
빌어먹을 이 봄 따위 (FXXXIN SPRING)

I love that we got SUPERPOWER (Eng. Ver), with not being as familiar with the group it does make me wonder if it's because of their appearance on BGT that we got English versions. But it could also be because their more known abroad than in South Korea.
SUPERPOWER (Eng. Ver)

Macarena (Eng. Ver) is actually the first time I'd heard this track. I love the melody, it's really catchy and I love their vocals and raps against the melody. I'll definitely be checking out the original release of this track.
Macarena (Eng. Ver)

I believe their appearance on BGT really worked for them, they may still be seen as a nugu group in South Korea, but this album is their best selling album so far, it's also their highest charting album too.
I'm definitely interested in checking out their past releases as well as collecting them, I hope this is their turning point and they start to gain more fans and become more well known as they are a talented group and their tracks are catchy.
I can't wait to see what they bring us next.

What were your thoughts on LUNCH-BOX?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on SUPERPOWER as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track on the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment