Friday 15 January 2021

Chinese Drama - Dating in the Kitchen

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)

Google Images

Dating in the Kitchen is a Chinese romantic comedy drama written by Zhao Xiao Lei and directed by Chen Chang.
The series aired from the 15th of September 2020, concluding on the 29th of September 2020, the series contains 24 episodes.

Main Cast:
Zhao Lu Si as Gu Sheng Nan
Google Images

Lin Yu Shen as Lu Jin
Google Images

Supporting Cast:
Zhang Xiao Qian as Meng Xin Jie
Google Images

Yu Xin He as Xu Zhao Di
Google Images

Wu Ya Heng as Gao Quan An
Google Images

Li Qian as Li Man
Google Images

Fingal Fu as Cheng Zi Qian
Google Images

Yu Xiang as Lu Zheng
Google Images

Yang Ping as Lin Li Jun
Google Images

Gavin Gao as Da La Ba
Google Images

Zhao Pu as Manager Shen
Google Images

Kevin Wang as Chef Yu
Google Images

Wang Cheng as Chef Zhang
Google Images

Dan Si Han as Chef Liu
Google Images

Zhang Zhen Lei as Chef Wang
Google Images

Guest Roles:
Wang Shuo as Lu Ming Ting
Google Images

The series is adapted the novel 'I Finally Get You' by author Lan Bai Se.

Like with previous drama's there are songs from this drama that I enjoy, and transports me back into scenes from the series.
Lin Tan Yun - Falling in Love

Estelle - Your Smile

Zhao Lu Si - I Like You

Dating in the Kitchen Trailer

Working as an assistant chef at the ZiJing Hotel, Gu Sheng Nan was a woman well on her to making her dreams come true. Well situated, in a job that she loved, she was free to express herself through her food, as she sharpened her skills as a chef. In addition to having a great job, she was happily settled in her secret relationship with the hotels head chef, convinced they were destined to build a beautiful life together, Sheng Nan was devastated the day she caught her boyfriend cheating. As if breaking up with her boyfriend wasn't bad enough. Sheng Nan soon learns that she may soon be out of  a job, thanks to the hotel's impending acquisition. To make matters worse, an unfortunate misunderstanding lands her on the wrong side of her soon-to-be boss, the sharp-tongued CEO, Lu Jin.
As a business prodigy, Lu Jin isn't afraid to make the tough decisions. Ready to condemn the ZiJing Hotel, Lu Jin changes his mind after a happy accident brings him one of Sheng Nan's dishes. A hardcore foodie, Lu Jin is impressed with Sheng Nan's skill as a chef and readily recognizes her talent. Sharing a love of food, this unlikely pair begins to form an unexpected bond that leads them to a place neither of them ever expected to be.

Google Images

I really enjoyed watching this drama, I saw many comments complaining about the age gap, but I think it helped in getting the story across more from the characters point of view. While at times I thought the plot overreached a little, I still enjoyed watching each episode to see how the series would progress and how the characters could possibly grow.
I thought the chemistry between all the cast was amazing especially the 2 leads, they worked really well together and it showed on screen.
I think the main point of this series is showing us how someone younger can change the outlook on life and love for someone older and vice versa.
I loved Zhao Lu Si as Gu Sheng Nan, she is an actress I'm familiar with, I loved her in this role as it meant I got to see her work with someone more experienced and see how she could work well with them. Gu Sheng Nan is a young woman that is confident in her job and cooking skills, but during the series we come to know she's not that confident within herself and her love life.
I thought Lin Yu Shen was perfect as Lu Jin, while he was the one more experience, he was amazing at bring some naivety to his role when it came to Gu Sheng Nan, which I think at times added to the comedy in the show.
Zhang Xiao Qian as Meng Xin Jie added more comedy to the series, there were moments where my heart completely went out to him, he was always eager to work hard especially when it came to his romantic feelings, but more often it hard work was thrown aside.
While I loved Yu Xin He as Xu Zhao Di, I couldn't help at times really disliking Xu Zhao Di, as she seemed to only help when there was something in it for her, she's very money hungry and thinks the more money a man has the better her life will be. She seems embarrassed and ashamed when she finds herself falling for Meng Xin Jie's charms, and seems to do anything to try and push him away.
I absolutely loved Wu Ya Heng as Gao Quan An, for me he added most of the comedy to the show and no matter what he was always happy to help those in need, he especially always made sure he was always there for Sheng Nan, and she knew she could always rely on him.
I think Li Qian as Li Man is your typical in love with the boss and will do anything to make sure his eyes will always end up on me character, we see early on that Lu Jin has picked Li Man before when a girlfriend has made him choose between herself of Li Man. Something Li Man thinks will always happen when it comes to the women in his life.
My heart completely went out to Fingal Fu as Cheng Zi Qian, he's your typical childhood friend that's been friend zoned, we see that he's been in love with Sheng Nan from an early age and even her grandfather thinks he's the best guy she should be in a relationship with, but we all know what happens when it comes to these one-sided love stories.
I couldn't help feeling sorry for Yu Xiang as Lu Zheng as all that he wanted was for Lu Jin to see him and treat him like a brother, but because of his hate towards their father, Lu Jin's priorities was making sure his father's company fell, even when Lu Zheng went up against him and used Sheng Nan to get his way, and play with his trust and emotions. While I never agreed with how Lu Zheng played Sheng Nan, I couldn't help but feel sorry for him because he came from a family that work was their top priority, not their family.

I'd happily watch Dating in the Kitchen again, it's a sweet and funny drama, that can really make you think about the things you prioritise, whether it's your job, bank balance or love life. More importantly I think it teaches us that we have to talk to one another, instead of guessing how the other party feels, meaning we don't send out the wrong signals and then blaming the wrong people.
I binge watched it the first time round, and I'd happily do it again, I'd love to watch more drama's with this cast and I'd love to see a 2nd season to see how their friendships and relationships grew, as well as seeing how Sheng Nan is doing with her career.

Have you watched Dating in the Kitchen?
Were you a fan?
Did you like the casting, script and plot?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

2 comments:

  1. COSPLAY dating Thank you because you have been willing to share information with us. we will always appreciate all you have done here because I know you are very concerned with our.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info. cuckold chat rooms

    ReplyDelete