Monday 22 March 2021

Baekhyun - Delight

 Hello

안녕하세요 

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは 

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Delight is Baekhyun's 2nd mini album, on the 22nd of April 2020, it was reported that Baekhyun was preparing for his 2nd solo album, which SM Entertainment later confirmed, announcing that the album would be released in late May. A few weeks later, on the 12th of May 2020, the 'Delight' Mood Sampler #Sticky Ver. was released, along with the Teaser Images set #1.
Owned by SM Entertainment
Google Images

Google Images

Google Images
On the 13th of May 2020, Teaser Images set #2 were released.
Google Images
Google Images
On the 14th of May 2020, the 'Delight' Mood Sampler #Sensual Ver. was released, along with the Teaser Images set #3.
Owned by SM Entertainment
Google Images
Google Images
On the 15th of May 2020, the Teaser Images set #4 were released.
Google Images

Google Images
On the 18th of May 2020, the 'Delight' Mood Sampler #Spicy Ver. was released, along with the Teaser Images set #5.
Owned by SM Entertainment
Google Images
Google Images
On the 19th of May 2020, the 'Delight' Mood Sampler #Sweet Ver. was released, along with the Teaser Images set #6.
Owned by SM Entertainment
Google Images

Google Images
On the 20th of May 2020, the Teaser Images set #7 were released.
Google Images

Google Images
On the 21st of May 2020, the Teaser Images set #8 were released.
Google Images
On the 22nd of May 2020, the 'Delight' Sounds Room was released, along with the Teaser Images set #9.
Owned by SM Entertainment
Google Images
On the 23rd of May 2020, the M/V teaser #1 for Baekhyun's title track Candy was released, along with the Teaser Images set #10.
Owned by SM Entertainment
SMTOWN
Google Images
On the 24th of May 2020, the Teaser Images set #11 were released.
Google Images
On the 25th of May 2020, the 2nd M/V teaser was released for Candy, as well the M/V's official release, as well as the physical and digital release of Baekhyun's 2nd mini album Delight.
Owned by SM Entertainment
SMTOWN
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 26th of May 2020, the Candy (Spicy Ver.) and the Candy (Sweet Ver.) Baekhyun The Stages were released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 8th of June 2020, the Candy dance practice was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 25th of May 2020, an hour before the albums release, Baekhyun held a live broadcast through the Naver app V Live, a few weeks later, on the 29th of June, a 4th version of the album was released called the Chemistry Version.

On the 25th of May 2020, it was also reported that the pre-order sales for the album had surpassed 732,297, making it the most pre-ordered album by a soloist in South Korean history. Shortly after it's release, Delight claimed it's No.1 iTunes position in 69 countries.
Delight achieved an "all kill" on Melon, making Baekhyun the first solo artist and 2nd artist overall to achieve such a status in 2020.

Candy won Baekhyun 3 music show trophies, winning once on Show Champion, once on Music Bank and once on Inkigayo.

Delight peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.6 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.11 on the Official UK Digital Albums Chart, No.13 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.5 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
1,020,965+
Oricon Sales:
10,964+
Chinese Sales:
278,069+
Giving the album a total of 1,309,998+ in sales so far.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Candy has so far gained 57,483,304 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

Delight was released in 4 versions: Cinnamon, Honey, Mint and Chemistry. All 4 versions are set out as a paperback book case with a clear plastic dust jacket, and comes with the Cd, photo book, random folded poster, random postcard, sticker sheet, random message card and random photo card.
The Cd plate designs for all 4 versions are different, as are the album covers and photo books.

Track List:
Candy
R U Ridin'?
Bungee
Underwater
Poppin'
Ghost
Love Again



































I have the Mint Version and I absolutely love the design of the album as well as the layout, it will also sound odd but it actually smells nice too and I think that's down to the paper used. I love that the pages are a mixture of glossy and matte, I personally think the pictures work better on the glossy pages, as I think it makes them pop more, makes it look and feel like a collectable magazine too instead of an album.
The album itself is full of amazing tracks that show a different side to Baekhyun in his solo career, Baekhyun is known for his power vocals, for me this album shows that his voice is unique and powerful whether he does ballads or up tempo tracks. Personally for me this album showcases more of Baekhyun's upbeat and cute personality.

For me the start of Candy sounds very mystical, I love the melody and I think Baekhyun's voice fits perfectly with the melody. I feel that the melody has a calming affect too, which really makes you stop and listen. I find it also has both a sweetness and a sexiness to it, allowing Baekhyun around with the track.
Candy

I love that R U Ridin'? sounds completely different from Candy but still has the same vibe and feel, it's one of those songs where I just can't help but move and dance along. Baekhyun is known for his strong and powerful vocals, so I love that his vocals are softer in this track showing he's an amazing vocalist even when he's not belting out notes.
R U Ridin'?

I feel that Bungee would fit perfectly on his debut mini album City Lights, as the melody kind of reminds me of UN Village. I love how he blends his vocals with melody, like he's harmonising with it.
Bungee

I love the chorus for Underwater, I love the melody throughout and I adore Baekhyun singing tracks like this one. 
Underwater

I absolutely love Poppin' I have to say it's definitely one of my favourite b-side tracks from this album. The chorus slightly reminds me of a track that was released years ago, which I think is another reason I love this track as I feel like it's a modern release. I think this track even in years to come will age well and still sound relevant. For me, Baekhyun's vocals are spot on and it's sounds like this song was made for him, it's perfect.
Poppin'

I would think with the title Ghost, it would be a ballad but, it's far from that and I love it. It's definitely another of my favourite b-side tracks. I absolutely adore the melody and I love how Baekhyun sings it. You can really hear the different ranges in his vocals, which shows he's really an amazing vocalist.
Ghost

Would it really be a Baekhyun album if we didn't get a ballad or slow-tempo track like Love Again. While I love hearing Baekhyun sing uptempo tracks, I definitely swoon more over the slower songs. Baekhyun has a voice that just melts you and you can't help but stop and listen, and Love Again proves that.
Love Again

This album really is a delight to listen to, no matter how many times I listen to these songs and to Baekhyun sing, I will always be stopped in my tracks to listen to his voice. I would like to say with each of his releases he grows, but for me he's already perfect and doesn't need to grow, all I want from him with each of his releases is something I've not heard him do, to show he isn't a one trick pony and that all he's good for his power ballads, which for me this album has shown.

Baekhyun is getting ready to release a new solo album and I can't wait to see what he'll bring us this time.

Were you a fan of Delight?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version did you choose?
What were your thoughts on Candy as a title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye
SM STATION
The K-POP
E

No comments:

Post a Comment