Monday 30 September 2024

Bang&Jung&Yoo&Moon (B.A.P) - Curtain Call

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Curtain Call is B.A.P's 6th mini album, for trademark reasons promoted under the name Bamg&Jung&Yoo&Moon.

On the 11th of June 2024, the Man On The Moon Documentary Teaser was released.
Owned by MA ENTERTAINMENT
The Man On The Moon Documentary followed Bang Yongguk, Jung Daehyun, Yoo Youngjae and Moon Jongup and they spoke about the last time they promoted together, as well as what they've been through since leaving their former company, as well as the behind the scenes creating their new album. It ran for 5 episodes.
On the 7th of July 2024, the Curtain Call MATO Animation was released.
Owned by MA ENTERTAINMENT
On the 16th of July 2024, the Curtain Call Mood Sampler MOON Ver. was released.
Owned by MA ENTERTAINMENT
On the 23rd of July 2024, the Curtain Call Mood Sampler YOO Ver. was released.
Owned by MA ENTERTAINMENT
On the 28th of July 2024, the Curtain Call Mood Sampler JUNG Ver. was released.
Owned by MA ENTERTAINMENT
On the 30th of July 2024, the Curtain Call Mood Sampler BANG Ver. was released.
Owned by MA ENTERTAINMENT
On the 1st of August 2024, the Curtain Call Mood Sampler Group Ver. was released.
Owned by MA ENTERTAINMENT
On the 4th of August 2024, the Gone M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by MA ENTERTAINMENT
On the 8th of August 2025, the Gone M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of their Curtain Call mini album.
Owned by MA ENTERTAINMENT
On the 19th of August 2024, the Gone Performance Video was released.
Owned by MA ENTERTAINMENT

Member Zelo was absent from both the documentary and album due to his military service.

Bang Yongguk co-wrote and co-composed  Love, 빛바랜 날들 이젠 잊고 다 안녕 (Farewell) and title track Gone.
Bang Yongguk co-wrote on the lyrics for Stand It All.
Yoo Youngjae and Bang Yongguk co-wrote on the lyrics for Way Back.

Curtain Call peaked at No.3 on the Circle Albums Chart and No.23 on the Oricon Albums Chart.
Circle Sales = 62,123+
Oricon Sales = 2,752+
Total Sales = 64,875+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Gone has so far gained 656,656 views, with the views still continuing to increase.

Curtain Call was released in 3 versions: Best, Absolute and Perfect.
All 3 versions are set out in a paperback book style case and comes with the Cd, photobook, sticker sheet, postcard, film photo, random personal poster, folded poster and 2 random photo cards. Pre-orders also came with a random hologram photo card.
The photobooks are different in all 3 versions.

Track List:
Love
빛바랜 날들 이젠 잊고 다 안녕 (Farewell)
Gone
Stand It All
Way Back






































I have the Perfect version of the album and I absolutely adore the photobook and concept throughout. I love the colours used as well as the styling.
I love the album itself, each track is different allows them to have the closure they deserve, a sin interviews they have said this is an album they wanted to conclude their time at their previous company.

I love the melody for Love. It makes me feel really nostalgic and takes me back to when they were promoting as a whole group. Their vocals and raps as always are on point and to me makes me feel like they've never been absent for the past 7 years.
Love

I absolutely love 빛바랜 날들 이젠 잊고 다 안녕 (Farewell). I love everything about it. When it was originally announced as a pre-release track for their album, I was expecting it to be a ballad with the tracks name. But it's far from that. I think they wanted to give a more upbeat feeling to what could be their last release as a group, even though Daehyun said it wouldn't be so.
I love their vocals throughout their track, to me I can hear how both Daehyun's and Youngjae's vocals have matured over the years, which to me makes them sound so much better.
빛바랜 날들 이젠 잊고 다 안녕 (Farewell)

The more I listen to Gone, the more I fall in love with it each time. I love the melody, I love their vocals and raps. While I never thought they had disbanded, I never thought we'd see them together again making music. As soon as I heard this song it was like a floodgate had opened, it made me realise just how much I'd missed them as well as the relief, happiness and excitement at seeing them perform together again.
Gone

Stand It All is a stunning ballad, I love the melody and I love how it makes each of them shine. While I love Daehyun and Youngjae's voices, for me it's Jongup that really stands out, he's improved so much over the years.
Stand It All

Way Back is the perfect track to close the album with. I love the melody and the vocals. It really proves that this is something that was meaningful for them to do to give closure both to themselves and their fans B.A.B.Y, that they never got 7 years ago.
Way Back

SBS Radio 에
I love that while they themselves can't call themselves B.A.P, they still included their group name in the albums versions. It's scary to think how 7 years have passed since their last comeback, as well as since they left their former company. Part of me is gutted we never got the final album they wanted to give us, but part of me is also glad we didn't because seeing them now you can tell how much happier they are. Their smiles a genuine again, you can see that they feel free in their minds promoting as a group again. Especially, for me Bang Yongguk. Towards the end of their career you could see that his smile wasn't genuine and seemed forced, I wouldn't be surprised if their former company used his mental health as a way to bring them income. But watching him now you can see that even if he still struggles with his mental health, he definitely smiles and laughs with ease like he used to.
I watched their documentary and held it together throughout each of the episodes, until we got to the final episode. Just them speaking to their fans and apologising for us having to wait so long for them to return, open the floodgates,
I also want to thank Jongup for talking them into getting back together, you can see they all genuinely had fun throughout the whole process.

I hope we get another album once Zelo returns, and I hope with that album we get to see them smile and greet us as B.A.P once again. I know that MA Entertainment has put in a trademark request in for both MATOKI and their group name. I hope they succeed and give them back everything that TS has taken away.

What were your thoughts on Curtain Call?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on Gone as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track on the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment