Friday 24 February 2023

Korean Drama: Monthly Magazine Home

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)

Google Images

Monthly Magazine Home is a South Korean romance drama written by Myeong Soo Hyeon and directed by Lee Chang Min.
The series aired on Viki & iQIYI from the 16th of June 2021, concluding on the 5th of August 2021.
The series has 16 episodes.

Main Cast:
Kim Ji Seok as Yu Ja Sung
Google Images

Jung So Min as Na Young Won
Google Images

Supporting Cast:
Jung Gun Joo as Shin Gyeom
Google Images

Kim Won Hae as Choi Go
Google Images

Chae Jung An as Yeo Eui Ji
Google Images

Ahn Chang Hwan as Nam Sang Soon
Google Images

Yoon Ji On as Chang
Google Images

Lee Hwa Kyum as Yuk Mi Ra
Google Images

Ahn Hyun Ho as Gye Joo Hee
Google Images

In October 2020, the cast line-up was announced, then 3 months later in January 2021, the members of the Monthly House were revealed by the production crew.
Jung So Min and Kim Ji Seok have previously starred together in the 2013 KBS drama special 'You Came To Me and Became A Star', this is their 2nd time working together.
Chae Jung An is appearing in a TV series after a hiatus of 2 years, she was last appeared in the 2019 JTBC series Legal High.

As expected there were songs within this drama that I love and makes me think of scenes from the series.
Hui - Imagine

Jo Yuri - Story Of Us

Woodz - There For You

Na Young Won is a successful senior editor at the hit monthly magazine Monthly House. Although her glittering journalistic career spans a decade, her home situation is not quite as idyllic as those she spends her time reporting on. In fact, she lives alone in a rented house and happily makes adjustments as she sees fit. But when the magazine's CEO Yoo Ja Sung buys the house and becomes her fussy new landlord, she's in for a shock.
Yoo Ja Sung proves to be a very difficult landlord to keep happy. He grew up in poverty, initially working in the construction industry, but determined to make his fortune through real estate investment. For him, buying the house Na Young Won lives in is little more than another financial transaction. But as the duo starts to get to know one another, their attitudes toward the real estate market - and one another - start to change. Suddenly, Na Young Won starts to ask herself if she would be better off buying her own house...or beginning on an unlikely romance with her firm's CEO!

I watched this drama because of Jung So Min, so I didn't know if I was going to be a fan of this type of series, but I was pleasantly surprised. I loved the cast, I thought they were amazing.
I loved Jung So Min in this drama, from the drama's I've seen her in, she's always played strong independent women that work hard really well and I can't help but envision that that's how she is in the real world.
I loved Kim Ji Seok as Yu Ja Sung, he really added to the comedy in this drama. For me it's not usual to see the male lead be clueless in most aspects of his life like relationships, but it was a nice change to see that in this drama. It's normally the female lead that tends to have the moments that make them blush, so it was nice to see the tables turned.
Jung Gun Joo was really good as Shin Gyeom, my heart sank when he started to have feelings for Young Won, because we all know that it won't end well and we all end up with 2nd lead syndrome. I loved how he encouraged both Young Won and Ja Sung despite his own feelings and own personal problems.
Kim Won Hae made me laugh as Choi Go, he's the typical worker that would rather sit back and let everyone else do the work, but does knuckle down if he needs to, as well as being a bit of a kiss-ass when things start to go wrong.
I think we all need a friend like Chae Jung An as Yeo Eui Ji, she's always happy to step in and help her friend Young Won. While she knows many aspects to her friends and colleague's lives, she keeps her own close to her chest, with many thinking her life comes from a rich boyfriend. I think in all honesty all she wants is someone to truly love her and be there for her.
I thought Ahn Chang Hwan was hilarious as Nam Sang Soon, he's always down on his luck, but tries not to let it show to his friends and colleagues, it seems like he'd rather suffer alone than rely on someone else and possibly feel ridiculed. He's definitely the main comic relief for the series, but that doesn't take away from the emotional journey we go on with him.

For me this drama was something new, I'm used to the typical romance dramas, so it was nice to see a drama that was reversed from the norm.
For me it was full of moments that broke my heart, as well as making me laugh and happy, I really recommend it.
The casting was perfect and they really brought their characters life.

Have you watched Monthly Magazine Home?
Were you a fan of the cast?
Did you enjoy the plot and script?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment