Friday 25 March 2022

Korean Drama - All Of Us Are Dead

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)

Google Images

All Of Us Are Dead is a 2022 South Korean Zombie Horror series on Netflix, written by Chun Sung Il and directed by Lee Jae Kyoo & Kim Nam Su.
The series is based on the webtoon Now at Our School by Joo Dong Geun.
The series was released in Netflix worldwide on the 28th of January 2021, and has 12 episodes.

Main Cast:
Park Ji Hu as Nam On Jo
Google Images

Yoon Chan Young as Lee Cheong San
Google Images

Cho Yi Hyun as Choi Nam Ra
Google Images

Park Solomon as Lee Su Hyeok
Google Images

Yoo In Soo as Yoon Gwi Nam
Google Images

Lee Yoo Mi as Lee Na Yeon
Google Images

Kim Byung Chul as Lee Byeong Chan
Google Images

Lee Kyu Hyung as Song Jae Ik
Google Images

Jeon Bae Soo as Nam So Ju
Google Images

Supporting Cast:
Im Jae Hyuk as Yang Dae Su
Google Images

Kim Bo Yoon as Seo Hyo Ryung
Google Images

Ahn Seung Gyun as Oh Joon Yeong
Google Images

Ham Sungmin as Han Gyeong Su
Google Images

Kim Joo Ah as Yoon I Sak
Google Images

Kim Jin Young as Kim Jimin
Google Images

Son Sang Yeon as Jang Woo Jin
Google Images

Ha Seung Ri as Jang Ha Ri
Google Images

Lee Eun Saem as Park Mi Jin
Google Images

Jin Ho Eun as Jung Min Jae
Google Images

Yang Han Yeol as Yoo Jun Seong
Google Images

Oh Hye Soo as Min Eun Ji
Google Images

Ahn Ji Ho as Kim Chul Soo
Google Images

Lee Sang Hee as Park Sun Haw
Google Images

Yoon Kyung Ho as Jung Yong Nam
Google Images

Um Hyo Sup as School's Principal
Google Images

Park Jae Chul as Jeon Ho Chul
Google Images

Woo Ji Hyun as Kim Woo Shin
Google Images

Dong Hyun Bae as Park Young Hwan
Google Images

Bae Hae Sun as Park Eun Hee
Google Images

On the 12th of April 2020, Netflix announced that JTBC Studios & Film Monster would produce a series called All Of Us Are Dead, based on the popular webtoon Now at Our School.
In selecting the cast, directer Lee Jae Kyoo said, "I thought that bringing on actors who were great at acting but still unknown to the public would add to the immersion of the series."
Then on in August 2020, production was temporarily suspended due to the re-spreading of the Covid-19 Pandemic in South Korea.

Google Images

After a failed science experiment, a local high school is overrun with zombies, and the trapped students struggle to survive. With no food or water, and communication cut-off by the government, they must use equipment around the school to protect themselves in the middle of a battleground or they will become part of the infected.

I binged watched this drama within 2 days, I started it the Saturday evening and finished the final 2 episodes the Sunday morning. Even though I've never read the webtoon, I was on countdown for this drama to be released, 1) because I really enjoy the zombie genre and 2) because I was looking forward to seeing some of the cast that I knew were in this drama, and I was looking forward to seeing them in starring roles.
I was hooked from the very first episode, even if I did have some question, for example, how did he 1) get away with bashing his sons head in, while in the hospital, 2) where did he pull the suitcase from and 3) how the hell did he even get him out of the hospital in a suitcase, without anyone noticing. 
I have to say the director made the perfect choice of having lesser known actors star in this series, as it shows how skilled they are, especially with everything they had to do while making the series.
The cast were amazing, each one pulled off their role exceptionally well, and they definitely made me feel all the emotions they were feeling themselves. It was also nice to have a series, where the characters already know about zombies, the Train to Busan mention had me in stitches because I wasn't expecting it.
I think this came out at the perfect time, especially when there has been quite a few bullying scandals coming out lately, whether they're true or not is another thing, so it really highlights some of the bullying that happens in schools in South Korea and how some have mentioned that teachers turned a blind eye and allow it to continue.
A part of me wants their to be a 2nd season so see how everything unfolds and how the spread is being stopped and eradicated, but a part of me also doesn't want a 2nd season as I think they ended it perfectly, and I wasn't left with any unanswered questions, and without giving anything away I think 2 of the characters are dead dead and wouldn't return for a 2nd season, even though I would love that.
I think Park Ji Hu did an amazing job as Nam On Jo, she initially starts off being scared, but soon begins to start using her head and starts putting together what she's been taught by her firefighter father. You can also see that she's very caring and even though she's scared by the events unfolding, she stays by her friends side as she turns and even tries to help her, even when it's her rival in love, she wants to see the positive, rather than going straight into defence mode.
I was so excited to see Yoon Chan Young as Lee Cheong San, I watched him in Thirty But Seventeen aka Still 17, which is one of my favourite dramas, I said that I was excited to see what his future career would be like and that he had a big future a head of him and I wasn't wrong, he made it his own role and blew me away. He had me feeling all emotions and I lost count of how many times I was left on the edge of my seat, I think the most heartbreaking moment was when he came across his mother when they were breaking out of the school, I knew it was coming but it still made me cry and broke my heart for him, even seeing how they all reacted when he revealed it was his mother shows how they all cared for one another as friends.
Cho Yi Hyun is definitely going to be a successful actress, she was fantastic as Choi Nam Ra, Nam Ra seems to spend her life thinking she doesn't really need friend to succeed, but thanks to both the zombie outbreak and become a hambie, she realises what she's been missing and starts to fight to keep all those she now cherishes alive. I think for the first time in her life she feels accepted, she's a really intelligent girl and tries to help alongside On Jo.
Another person I was excited to see in this drama was Park Solomon as Lee Su Hyeok,  I'd previously seen him in Revenge Note 1 and it definitely made me a fan of his. I think he upped his acting for this drama, I feel that we got to see a different side to his acting as Su Hyeok and Cheong San have such a good friendship, you couldn't help but love their bromance, they both trusted each other to stay alive when they were separated and also came to each others defence when they needed it.
For me Yoo In Soo stole the show as Yoon Gwi Nam, he's the villain you can't help but hate, which I always say, shows how extraordinary he is as an actor. While we see him as a bully straight away, we come to see that he's weak and that's the reason he bullies, but then his desire to survive and get revenge becomes greater, and I personally think he becomes worse than a bully, because he will stop at nothing to get what he wants, no matter what or who stands in his way. I will definitely be checking out more of his dramas.
Last year Lee Yoo Mi broke hearts with her role in Squid Game and then as Lee Na Yeon, she broke hearts again, but this time for all the wrong reasons. I think this shows how versatile she is as an actress and I loved that she prepared herself for the hate she would get for her role. Na Yeon seems that because she's born into money, she is above other people and is better than everyone else, especially those that get welfare. I had trouble trusting her character and I was right to feel that way, as she practically murders someone among her group to prove a point. I was hoping she would be able to return and make up for what she did, but she she just couldn't do it alone.
I loved Ahn Seung Gyun as Oh Joon Yeong, he's definitely the main brains of the group and takes his responsibility to his group very seriously, all the way to the very end, and continues to fight to help his friends get to safety so they can survive.
Ham Sungmin was another cast member I was excited to see as I'd him in Revenge Note 1 with Park Solomon, so I loved seeing them act alongside one another again as Han Gyeong Su. For me Gyeong Su's story is the most heartbreaking and I'm so glad I didn't see his Instagram post until I'd watched the show, but if I had, I would have been more prepared.
Another great actress in this series was Oh Hye Soo as Min Eun Ji, we see her straight away being severely bullied and how everyone including her teachers turn a blind eye (expect Su Hyeok), the bullying is so bad that she's about to commit suicide as the outbreak takes place. We see her desire to get revenge on all those that bullied her, so much so that when she becomes a hambie, she becomes like those she hates.

I'd love to be able to talk about the whole cast because they did such an amazing job, but I mainly wanted to mention the cast that really blew me away in their roles and really made an impact, especially the younger cast that aren't as well known. I really think this series will open some doors for them as it's proven how hard they work to achieve amazing results.
If you haven't watched it already, then I really recommend it, the director did an amazing job, and all I'll say is prepare to be on the edge throughout and be prepared for many shocks along the way.
It's already become my favourite drama to be released so far in 2022.

Have you watched All Of Us Are Dead?
Were you a fan of the cast?
Did you enjoy the plot and Script?
Are you familiar with the webtoon?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment