Sunday 20 September 2020

Korean Drama - Revenge Note 1

  Hello

안녕하세요 

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは 

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)

Google Images

Revenge Note 1 is a South Korean coming of age web drama series, which is also known as Sweet Revenge.
It's written by Han Sang Im and Kim Jong Seon, and directed by Seo Won Tae.
The series aired from 27th October 2017, lasting 11 episodes and concluding on the 5th of January 2018.

Main Cast:
Kim Hyang Gi as Ho Goo Hee
Google Images

Park Solomon as Ji Hoon
Google Images

Kim Hwan Hee as Jung Deok Hee
Google Images

Cha Eunwoo as Cha Eunwoo
Google Images

Supporting Cast:
Park Mi Sun as Goo Hee's Mother
Google Images

Lee Doo Il as Goo Hee's Father
Google Images

Ji Gun Woo as Ho Goo Joon
Google Images

Lee Shi Woo as Goo Hee's Ex Boyfriend
Google Images

Park Kyung Lim as Deok Hee's Mother
Google Images

Ham Sung Min as Lee Kang Min
Google Images

Jo Ah Young as Ye Ga Eun
Google Images

Lee Jin Yi as Han Yura
Google Images

Kim Hyun Seo as Yang Ah Joon
Google Images

Special Appearances:
Astro
Google Images

Check out the trailer for Revenge Note 1 below.

Whenever I hear this song it makes me think of this drama, it fits so well with the series.
Chan Chan - 복수노트 (Sweet Revenge)

What recourse do you have against school bullies?
Ho Goo Hee is a 17-year-old school student at Hanjong high school. She is a quiet, sweet girl who is constantly bullied by the other students, partly because her name sounds like the word 'fool'. Ji Hoon is a brooding, popular boy who reluctantly comes to her rescue more times than he would like.
The only positive thing in Goo Hee's life is her close family friendship to Cha Eunwoo, a popular K-pop idol, who treats her like a younger sister. Jung Deok Hee becomes Goo hee's only friend because she calls herself "Eunwoo's wife" and is his biggest fan.
Things start to take a strange turn in Goo Hee's life when an app on her phone called Revenge Note pops up one day and asks her to write in the name of someone who is bullying her. When she does, bad things start to happen to that person.
Will Goo Hee's life start to get better or just a whole lot more complicated.

Google Images

I really enjoyed this drama, even though the series and episodes themselves were short, I was hooked from the very first episode. While at times I felt some of it was a little far-fetched, it still had me on the edge of my seat, wanting to watch the next episode and wanting to find out who the creator of the Revenge Note app. I have an idea on who the creator is but it's one of those things that we never find out, which I think adds more mystery to the series. I really enjoyed watching all the cast, for young actors, they're showing great potential for their future acting roles.
I think Kim Hyang Gi did a really good job in her leading role as Ho Goo Hee, while at times I did find her character a little annoying, I think she really grew in how to react to the things that happened to her. I definitely think this drama is really about how she grows as a person, and how she learns to accept who she is. I love how she is with her friends and how she learns between a crush and real affection, I also loved watching her reactions with her brother and Eunwoo.
Park Solomon pulls off being brooding perfectly as Ji Hoon, I'd love to watch him in other dramas to see how versatile his acting roles are. I think with Ji Hoon, he mistakes attraction for annoyance, hence why he always seems to come to Goo Hee's rescue. You can really tell that when it comes to his friends and family he always puts them above himself and would do anything to help them.
I loved Kim Hwan Hee as Jung Deok Hee, she's your typical fangirl and brought a lot of comedy to the drama, the only think I really disliked was how she turned her back on her friend because of Eunwoo. Personally for me Goo Hee had no obligation to tell her that her family was close with Eunwoo, especially when Goo Hee probably thought Deok Hee would then only be her friend because of her connections.
I was a little confused when it came to Eunwoo and his connection to Goo Hee and her family, it was clear he was close friends and pretty much like family to them all, but what I did find odd is as the series develops, it seems to hint that he doesn't look at Goo Hee with affection as a little sister, it seems to hint his feelings are more romantic and that they have been since they were younger. Watching him get jealous though was actually quite cute and funny.
Ji Gun Woo is hilarious as Goo Joon, Goo Hee's older brother, personally for me I feel he looks out and cares for her more than she thinks because of how their mother seems to prioritise Goo Joon and shows favouritism towards him. At times it seems Eunwoo treats Goo Hee more like a sister than Goo Joon does but he just hides it behind all his teasing.
I loved Ham Sung Min as Ji Hoon's friend Lee Kang Min, he definitely follows Ji Hoon's lead and can tell that they're good friends because they have the same morals. I got the impression that Kang Min liked Deok Hee so I was a little gutted that we never really see their relationship blossom.
The series has your typical villain's who think they are better than our leading lady and her friends, as well as also thinking because they have money they always should get what they want because they're higher on the food chain.
I'd love to see another season with this cast to see how they'd really grown and overcome their past negativity, but sadly I don't think that's something that we'll ever get.
I'd happily watch it again to see if I sot any clues I missed the first time round, and just because I enjoyed watching it the first time.

Have you watched Revenge Note 1?
Were you  fan of the cast?
Were you a fan of the plot and script?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye
Viki Global TV

No comments:

Post a Comment