Monday 21 September 2020

Seventeen - 헹가래 Heng:garæ

 Hello

안녕하세요 

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは 

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Heng:garae is Seventeen's 7th mini album, and on the 8th of June 2020, the Heng:garae Trailer: A Scene of the Journey "H" was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 9th of June 2020, the Heng:garae Trailer: A Scene of the Journey "P" was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 10th of June 2020, the Heng:garae Trailer: A Scene of the Journey "V" was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 11th of June 2020, the M/V was released for track 'My My'.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 12th of June 2020, the official teaser photo's for Wonwoo, Joshua, DK and Hoshi were released.















On the 13th of June 2020, the official teaser photo's for Vernon, The8, S.Coups, Dino and Woozi were released.



















On the 14th of June 2020, the official teaser photo's for Mingyu, Seungkwan, Jun and Jeonghan were released.















On the 15th of June 2020, the official group photo's were released.



On the 17th of June 2020, the Heng:garae Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 18th of June 2020, the 'Left & Right' official teaser 1 was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 19th of June 2020, the 'Left & Right' official teaser 2 was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 20th of June 2020, the official team photo's were released.


On the 22nd of June 2020, the M/V was released for title track 'Left & Right', along with the physical and digital release of their 7th mini album 헹가래 Heng:garæ.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 27th of June 2020, the Left & Right Choreography Video was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 4th of July 2020, the My My Choreography Video was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 19th of July 2020, the Left & Right Part Switch Special Video was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment

Heng:garae is Seventeen's best-selling album to date, having sold 1,000,000 copies in under 7 days.
Left & Right won Seventeen 4 music show trophies, winning first place on Show Champion, M Countdown, Music Bank and Show! Music Core.

Woozi and Vernon co-wrote on Fearless and title track Left & Right, with Woozi also co-composing on both tracks.
Woozi and Wonwoo co-wrote on 좋겠다 (I Wish), with Woozi co-composing on the track.
Woozi, Vernon and S.Coups co-wrote on track My My, with both Woozi and Vernon co-composing on the track.
S.Coups, Woozi and Vernon co-wrote on track 어른 아이 (Kidult), with Woozi and S.Coups also co-composing on the track.
Woozi, S.Coups, Hoshi and Mingyu co-wrote on track 같이 가요 (Together), with Woozi also co-composing.

Heng:garae peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.1 on the Oricon Albums Chart and No.14 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
1,372,521+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Left & Right has so far gained 59,650,906 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a hourly and daily basis.

Heng:garae was released in 4 versions: Hana (1), Dul (2), Set (3) and Net (4), and are all set out in a blue clear bag, with a DIY album inside, that you have to put together yourself.
All the versions come with the Cd, lyric booklet, random photo books, sticker sheet, random book mark and 2 random photo cards.
All 4 versions have different Cd plate designs, album covers and photo books.

Track List:
Fearless
Left & Right
좋겠다 (I Wish)
My My
어른 아이 (Kidult)
같이 가요 (Together)






































While I'm not a fan of the album coming in a bag, I do think it's cute that we are able to secure the album together, I think the photo books are thin but also very cute and sweet.
The album itself I have to say is one of my favourites from them, maybe even in my opinion their best release to date.
Fearless has to be one of my favourite tracks from this album, there's nothing I dislike about this song, I especially love the chorus, as soon as I heard this song I knew this album had to be in my possession. The main thing I love about this song no one stands out alone, this song was definitely the perfect song to have as a group b-side.
Fearless
Mnet K-POP

I guarantee that by the end of Left & Right you'll have the chorus stuck in your head, I have to say that it's one of my favourite title tracks from them, it's so fun and catchy and I always end up doing the Left & Right dance at the chorus.
Left & Right

There's something about 좋겠다 (I Wish) that makes me feel nostalgic, the chorus reminds me of a Girls' Generation track so I wonder if that's why it makes me feel nostalgic, as they are the reason I began listening to K-pop. I love that this track is a mellow track that reminds everyone that Seventeen are a really talented group when it comes to all aspects of their music.
좋겠다 (I Wish)

My My is another of my favourite tracks, soon as they released it as a pre-release I was in love. For me this song was released at the right time, for me it makes me think we can overcome anything we're facing. It really makes me think that Seventeen are holding hands with Carats in our lifelong journey. Whenever I feel anxious, this song makes me feel comforted, something I think we all need right now.
My My

How many times are we told to "grow up" when we're adults, one thing that 어른 아이 (Kidult) makes me think is that, I never want to lose the childlike personality I can have at times. Sometimes we need to sit back and remember the good times from when we were younger, to keep us level headed and remind us how much we've grown and overcome. Life is too serious not to become a kid again at times.
어른 아이 (Kidult) 

I get big anime opening vibes from 같이 가요 (Together), I think this song is the perfect end, to a perfect album. I get the feeling of togetherness from this song, it's such a breath taking song.
같이 가요 (Together)
seventeenlyrics

I absolutely love this album, it's a well-rounded album and flows so effortlessly, this really is their best album so far. I can't wait for them to return with a new release to see what they create next.

2020 for me is shaping up to be a difficult year when it comes to K-pop releases as so many amazing albums have been released this year, it's making me think it's going to be difficult to pick my top 10 for this year, and it's not even over yet.

Were you a fan of 헹가래 Heng:garæ?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version did you choose?
Were you a fan of Left & Right?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye
Big Hit Label

No comments:

Post a Comment