Monday 7 February 2022

Seventeen - Attacca

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Attacca is Seventeen's 9th mini album, and on the 29th of September 2021, the Attacca Concept Trailer: Rush of Love was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 5th of October 2021, the Official Photo Op. 1 was released.






On the 7th of October 2021, the 1st set of Official Photo Op.2 were released.


On the 8th of October 2021, the 2nd set of Official Photo Op.2 were released.




On the 9th of October the 3rd set of Official Photo Op.2 were released.



On the 11th of October 2021, the 1st set of Official Photo Op. 3 were released.





On the 12th of October 2021, the 2nd set of the Official Photo Op. 3 were released.




On the 13th of October 2021, the 3rd set of Official Photo Op. 3 were released.


On the 15th of October 2021, the Attacca Track List was released.
On the 19th of October 2021, the Attacca Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 20th of October 2021, the Rock With You M/V Teaser 1 was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 21st of October 2021, the Rock With You M/V Teaser 2 was released.
Owned Pledis Entertainment
On the 22nd of October 2021, the M/V was released for title track Rock With You, as well as the physical and digital release of their 9th mini album Attacca.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 25th of October 2021, the Rock With You Choreography Video was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 29th of October 2021, the Rock With You M/V (Choreography Ver.) was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 30th of October 2021, the Rock With You ENG. Lyric Video and the Special Video Rock With You (007 Editon) were released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainmnet
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 15th of November 2021, the Special Video Rock With You Band Live Session was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment

On the 1st day of pre-order, Pledis announced that the album had sold 1.41 million pre-order sales, surpassing their previous mini album Your Choice, which sold 1.36 million copies. It later sold 1.9 million copies in October, making it Seventeen's 5th consecutive million seller in a row.
It is currently Seventeen's best-selling album to date.

Rock With You won Seventeen 4 music show trophies, winning once on M Countdown, Twice on Music Bank and once on Show Champion.

Woozi co-wrote and co-composed on 소용돌이 (To You) and 매일 그대라서 행복하다 (Imperfect Love).
Woozi, Vernon and Joshua co-wrote on title track Rock With You, with Woozi also co-composing on the track.
Woozi and Vernon co-wrote on Crush, with Woozi also co-composing on the track.
Woozi, Hoshi and Dino co-wrote on Pang! with Woozi and Dino also co-composing on the track.
S.Coups, Wonwoo, Mingyu, Vernon and Woozi co-wrote on 그리워하는 것까지 (I Can't Run Away), with Wonwoo, Mingyu, Woozi and Vernon also co-composing on the track.
Joshua and Vernon co-wrote digital only track 2 minus 1, with Joshua, Vernon and Woozi also co-composing on the track.

Attacca peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.1 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.13 on the Billboard 200 Charts and No.1 on the Billboard World Albums.
Gaon Sales = 2,083,551+
Oricon Sales = 340,410+
Giving the album so far a total of 2,423,961+ in physical sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Rock With You has so far gained 55,929,275 million views so far, with the views still rapidly increasing on a daily basis.

Attacca was released in 3 versions: Op. 1, Op. 2 and Op. 3.
All 3 versions are set out in a paperback book style case with a clear dust jacket, and come with the Cd, random photo book, lyric case, random layered card, random photo postcard, random unit postcard, random folded card and 2 random photo cards.

Track List:
소용돌이 (To You)
Rock With You
Crush
Pang! - Performance Team
매일 그대라서 행복하다 (Imperfect Love) - Vocal Team
그리워하는 것까지 (I Can't Run Away) - Hiphop Team
2 Minus 1 - Joshua & Vernon (Digital Only)

































I have the Op. 3 version of the Attacca album and I'm so happy that I pulled the Vocal Team's photo book, it's rare I pull anything to do with Woozi, especially when the photo books are random (I never have much luck in general when it comes to my biases). This album is a lot bigger than I was expecting it to be and it makes me think of a high-end fashion magazine. I love the photo book and I love the colours used giving the images a contrast of warmth and coldness, the pictures are just stunning and really make the members stand out against their backdrops.
The album itsef is amazing, I can see why it's their best-selling album to date, even just looking at the lyrics for title track Rock With You, you can see how much they put into this album, they've really excelled themselves with this album, it really shows juts how talented they are not only as individuals but also as a group.

I absolutely love the melody for 소용돌이 (To You), I think it really makes the members voices really stand out. I think this is a perfect track to open the album with. I think you can look at this song in different ways, for me this is Seventeen's way of saying that their fans are what keeps them going and that they want to be that person back to their fans too.
소용돌이 (To You)
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
SEVENTEEN

There's something about Rock With You that you just know that from the very start of the song that you're going to love it. It's definitely one of my favourite title tracks from Seventeen. I love the contrast between the softness of their voices against the melody. You just know that witnessing this song live in concert would be an emotional experience. For me this track showcases how they've grown and developed since their debut.
Rock With You

There's something about Crush that I just fell in love with it from the first listen. I love the melody and I especially love the chorus, whenever it comes on, no matter what I'm doing, I always seem to find myself singing along.
Crush

KBS WORLD TV
I'm always a big fan of the performance teams tracks and Pang! is no different. What I love about it is that it's completely different compared to their past team songs, for me the performance team tends to have tracks that allows them to focus on their dancing, but this time, for me it seems they're including all aspects of a performance, which is their vocals, raps and dance, showing that they're really an all-rounder.
Pang!

In all honesty can we expect anything less from the vocal team, 매일 그대라서 행복하다 (Imperfect Love) is such a stunning song, the melody fits perfectly with their voices and the harmonisation is breathtaking. Vocally this is my favourite track from the vocal team, and in all honesty, I don't think this track is long enough, it seems to end too quickly for my liking.
매일 그대라서 행복하다 (Imperfect Love)

As people might expect even if they're not a follower of Seventeen, the Hiphop team is the groups main rappers, and what I love about 그리워하는 것까지 (I Can't Run Away), is that it allows them to show us a new side to them. It allows the listeners to see that they're not just rappers, I love a lot of their team songs, but this one hits differently, and it's definitely up there as one of my favourite team songs of theirs.
그리워하는 것까지 (I Can't Run Away)

It's actually nice to have a digital only track, most of the time bonus tracks are only on the physical releases, so I love that 2 Minus 1 is only on the digital release, it really makes me think that this album is really a gift for their fans. I also love that this track is sung by Joshua and Vernon. I love the contrast between their voices, they always work well together.
2 Minus 1

There is something about Seventeen that with each release, they really excel themselves, each album always sounds different and shows off a new side to them. I'm always excited when they announce their comeback, because I know it's going to be something that will yet again blow me away.

Were you a fan of Attacca?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on Rock With You as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment