Monday 30 August 2021

Seventeen - Your Choice

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Your Choice is Seventeen's 8th mini album, and on the 17th of May 2021, the 2021 Concept Trailer: Power of 'Love' was released, signalling their comeback.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
HYBE LABELS
 7th of June 2021, the 'Your Choice' Concept Trailer: I Dream of Love was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 10th of June 2021, the One Side Ver. Concept Teaser images were released.










On the 11th of June 2021, the Other Side Ver. Concept Teaser images were released












On both the 12th and 13th of June 2021, the Beside Ver. #1 & #2 Concept Teaser images were released.
























On the 14th of June 2021, the Your Choice Track List was released.
On the 15th of June 2021, the Your Choice Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 16th of June 2021, the Ready to Love M/V Teaser #1 was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 17th of June 2021, the Ready to Love M/V Teaser #2 was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 18th of June 2021, the Ready to Love M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of their 8th mini album Your Choice.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 20th of June 2021, the Ready to Love Choreography Video was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 26th of June 2021, the Special Video Ready to Love Confession Day Ver. was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 15th of July 2021, the Anyone Choreography Video was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 23rd of July 2021, the Anyone Special Video was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment

Upon it's release, the album sold 1.36 million copies in the first week. This broke the bands record, which had been previously set with Heng:garae.
Your Choice also marks Seventeen's first entry on to the Billboard 200 Chart.

Ready to Love won Seventeen a total of 4 music show wins, taking 1st place twice on Music Bank, once on Show Champion and once on M countdown.

Woozi co-wrote the lyrics, as well as co-composed on 같은 꿈, 같은 맘, 같은 밤 (Same Dream, Same Mind, Same Night).
Woozi and S.Coups co-wrote on the lyrics for Anyone and title track Ready to Love, with Woozi also co-composing on the track.
Woozi, S.Coups and Mingyu co-wrote on the lyrics for Heaven's Cloud, with Woozi also co-composing on both tracks.
S.Coups, Wonwoo, Mingyu, Vernon and Woozi co-wrote on the lyrics  for GAM3 BO1, with Vernin co-composing on the track.
Woozi, Hoshi, Jun, The8 and Dino co-wrote on the lyrics for Wave, with Woozi also co-composing on the track.

Your Choice peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.2 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.15 on the Billboard 200 Chart and No.1 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 1,465,781+
Oricon Sales = 217,729+
US Sales = 20,500+
Giving the album so far a total of 1,704,010+ in physical sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Ready to Love has so far gained 39,563,429 million views, with the views continuing to increase rapidly on a daily basis.

Your Choice is released in 3 versions: One Side, Other Side and Beside.
All 3 versions are set out as a fold-out case with a sheer slip case and come with the Cd, photo book, lyric book, random postcard, folded poster, random mini or unit card and a random photo card.
First press releases also came with a sticker and a bookmark.
The photo books for all 3 versions are random and don't contain all the members, but follow the teaser images released for each of the versions.

Track List:
Heaven's Cloud
Ready to Love
Anyone
GAM3 BO1 - Hiphop Team
Wave - Performance Team
같은 꿈, 같은 맘, 같은 밤 (Same Dream, Same Mind, Same Night) - Vocal Team

One Side Ver.




































Other Side Ver.





































As you can see I have both the One Side and Other Side versions, I love the colours used for the covers, for me it really makes it stand out amongst other albums. I also think it looks really bright a fresh.
I love the layout for the album, it's really simple, and I fell in love with the final page in the lyrics book, I love that they wanted to show their love for all their fans no matter where they're from and included their love in all different languages. It really made me feel in awe of them as well as proud that as an English speaking fan, they wanted to include me.
I love both photo books, they're both stunning with the colours and styling as well as concept, I especially love the Other Side version, it's the main version I wanted, at the time though I didn't realise the photo books were actually random, so I was little gutted when I didn't get my main favourites Woozi, S.Coups or Hoshi, but when the teasers were released |I loved Vernon and Wonwoo's images so glad I got their photo book. It seems to me that the One Side version is team based, so as you can see I have the performance team's photo book.
The album itself, I think I have to say is one of my favourite albums from Seventeen, I've had this album on repeat so many times, each track is different, and I absolutely love when we get unit team songs.

I've been in love with Heaven's Cloud since the Highlight Medley was released, and I don't think I'll ever fall out of love with this track. I absolutely love the melody, and their vocals and raps fit with it perfectly. I absolutely adore the chorus as well as the harmonization towards the end, which makes it acapella. This track never fails to make me sing along and always makes me feel happy and makes me smile.
Heaven's Cloud

While Ready to Love isn't my favourite title track, it's definitely up there and it takes me back to their You Make My Day and You Made My Dawn albums. Like all their title tracks, it's really catchy and addictive and never fails to get you head bopping, foot tapping and overall dancing along.
Ready to Love

I am obsessed with Anyone, I love the melody, the vocals, the raps and I think if any song was going to scream Seventeen, it's this one. I love how the melody fits every members vocal pitch perfectly, it's definitely up there as one of my favourite Seventeen b-side tracks.
Anyone

I have to say that I think GAM3 BO1 is my favourite song from the Hiphop team, with how repetitive and catchy it is, that you can't help but sing along with the track. I love the gaming style sounds in the track too, it adds so much more to the track and makes it sound unique too.
GAM3 BO1

No matter the album or track, with this album I've realised, that the performance team always have my favourite team song, and Wave is no different, it's definitely a song that is played often, I could even listen to it on repeat. I think this track fits perfectly with the performance teams vocal ranges, each member stand outs perfectly.

For me 같은 꿈, 같은 맘, 같은 밤 (Same Dream, Same Mind, Same Night) gives me Bruno Mars 'Versace on the Floor' vibes. I love how the vocal team blend together, when they sing, they are a group of people that I could listen to sing all day. For me if one of them were missing, there would be something missing from the song too.
같은 꿈, 같은 맘, 같은 밤 (Same Dream, Same Mind, Same Night)

I absolutely love this album, and I think it's one of those albums that will grow old gracefully and still pack a punch and make an impact in years to come. This is definitely their best album to date, I've officially been listening to Seventeen for 5 years and I can honestly say, they've never released an album that's left me feeling disappointed or underwhelmed, each release they've made me feel even more of a fan than I thought I could possibly be.
They're definitely one of the reasons why picking my Top 10 K-pop albums for 2021 is going to be difficult.
I also think with Hitman Bang also on their side, they're going to keep knocking it out of the park.

Were you a fan of Your Choice?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on Ready to Love as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment