Monday 13 May 2019

Seventeen - You Made My Dawn

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


I'm back with another Seventeen post and with this post we will be up to date with Seventeen's Korean releases, so now it's time for Seventeen's 6th mini album You Made My Dawn.

Before the albums announcement, on the 14th of December 2018, Seventeen released an M/V teaser for a new track called 숨이 차 (Getting Closer).
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 20th of December 2018, the M/V for 숨이 차 (Getting Closer) was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 6th of January 2019, a new video was released announcing Seventeen's return, titled Seventeen 6th Mini Album 'You Made My Dawn' Album Trailer.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 10th of January 2019, the teaser images started, starting with the Official Photo Before Dawn Ver.












On the 12th of January 2019, the next teaser images were released, this time Official Photo Dawn Ver.












On the 14th of January 2019, the next teaser images were released, this time Official Photo Eternal Sunshine #1.












The next day on the 15th of January 2019, the final teaser image was released with Official Photo Eternal Sunshine #2.
On the 16th of January 2019, the track list was released, revealing that prequel track 숨이 차 (Getting Closer) was part of the album as well as announcing that the title track was called Home. On the next day on the 17th of January, the You Made My Dawn Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 18th of January 2019, the M/V teaser for Home was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 21st of January 2019, the M/V was released for Home, along with the physical and digital release of their 6th mini album You Made My dawn.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 27th of January 2019, the Home Choreography Video was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 29th of January 2019, the Good To Me Choreography Video was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 19th of February 2019, the Special Video - Home - Night Ver. was released.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment
On the 28th of February 2019, Seventeen released the Chinese M/V for their track Home.
Owned by Pledis Entertainment

Seventeen member Joshua said that the albums title is a continuation of the theme of their previous mini album, You Make My Day, in that "you made my darkness into dawn. The sun comes in to make the night a little brighter and it progresses into day. That's why we tried to compare the flow of emotions to the sun."

Title track Home won Seventeen a total of 10 music show trophies, with 2 wins on Show Champion, 3 wins on M Countdown, 3 wins on Music Bank, 1 win on Inkigayo and 1 win on Show Music Core.

Woozi co-wrote and co-composed Good To Me and title track Home, Woozi also wrote and co-composed the vocal teams track 포옹 (Hug).
S.Coups, Vernon, Mingyu and Wonwoo co-wrote the hip hop teams track 칠리 (Chilli), with Vernon co-composing.
Hoshi and Dino co-wrote on the performance teams track Shhh.
Woozi, S.Coups and Vernon co-wrote on track 숨이 차 (Getting Closer), with Woozi also co-composing.

You Made My Dawn peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.1 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.13 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.4 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
478,509+
Oricon Sales:
165,296+
US Sales:
2,000+
Giving You Made My Dawn a total sales of 654,805+ so far.
*YouTube views are correct at the time of writing post*
The M/V for Home has so far gained 29,665,284 million views with the views continuing to increase.

You Made My Dawn is released in 3 versions: Before Dawn, Dawn and Eternal Sunshine.
All 3 versions are set out in a hardback fold-out case just like the You Make My Day mini album.
All 3 versions come with the Cd, lyric booklet, photo book, sticker, 2 random member photocards, a random member lenticular card and a random member behind the scenes card.
The photo books for all 3 versions are different and follow the teaser images released before it's release.

Track List:
Good To Me
Home
포옹 (Hug)
칠리 (Chilli)
Shhh
숨이 차 (Getting Closer)






















































As you may be able to see I have the Before Dawn version and I chose this version just down to the teaser images released, the colours used are amazing and the members look really good. I love that it's a continuation from You Make My Day in the way that it's set out, I love the idea of keeping the lenticular cards for what seems to be an album series. I love the photo book, the pictures are stunning and really gives each member their moment to shine.
The album itself while I enjoy listening to it, I wouldn't say it's my favourite, comparing You Made My Dawn and You Make My Day, I'd have to say that You Make My Day is the favourite of the two. When I look at the releases of both of these albums maybe I'm more drawn to You Make My Day as it has a summer sound, while You Made My Dawn is a more chilled release that fits perfectly for the winter season. Overall Seventeen never fail to amaze me and this album is no different, I love their units songs and I could never pick my favourite unit as all 3 bring something different each time. This time for me the main sing that blew me away was 숨이 차 (Getting Closer), it was something new for Seventeen to try out and I finished the M/V with an audible gasp and a wow. The M/V, the choreography and the song itself was just pure gold, one of the main reasons I love Seventeen is their choreography as a group, it's just aesthetically pleasing how in sync they are, well done Seventeen and well done Hoshi. For me 숨이 차 (Getting Closer) is the new Highlight.

Good To Me

Home

포옹 (Hug)

칠리 (Chilli)

Shhh

숨이 차 (Getting Closer)

It's been 4 months since Seventeen made their comeback, so I'm hoping they'll return soon and I can't wait for them to do so.

What version of You Made my Dawn do you want/have?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Are you excited for them to return?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment