Monday 7 March 2022

WEi - IDENTITY: Action

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


IDENTITY: Action is WEi's 3rd mini album and the final instalment in their IDENTITY album series.

On the 23rd of May 2021, the IDENTITY: Action Video was released.
Owned by Oui Entertainment
On the 27th of May 2021, the Individual Concept Photo 1 were released.











On the 28th of May 2021, the Group and Unit Concept Photo 1 were released.



On the 29th of May 2021, the Individual Concept Photo 2 were released.





On the 31st of May 2021, the Group and Unit Concept Photo 2 were released.



On the 1st of June 2021, the Concept Photo 3 was released.










On the 3rd of June 2021, the IDENTITY: Action Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by Oui Entertainment
On the 5th ofJune 2021, the Bye Bye Bye M/V Teaser 1 was released.
Owned by Oui Entertainment
On the 8th of June 2021, the Bye Bye Bye M/V Teaser 2 was released.
Owned by Oui Entertainment
On the 9th of June 2021, the Bye Bye Bye M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of their 3rd mini album IDENTITY: Action.
Owned by Oui Entertainment
On the 13th of June 2021, the Bye Bye Bye Dance Practice Video was released.
Owned by Oui Entertainment
On the 14th of June 2021, the Bye Bye Bye M/V (Performance Ver.) was released.
Owned by Oui Entertainment
On the 24th of June 2021, the Waitin' Dance Practice Video was released.
Owned by Oui Entertainment
On the 31st of October 2021, the Bye Bye Bye Dance Practice (Halloween Ver) was released.
Owned by Oui Entertainment

Daehyun, Yongha and Yohan co-wrote on the lyrics for Ocean and title track Bye Bye Bye.
Daehyeon and Seokhwa co-wrote on the lyrics for RUi (16번째 별).

IDENTITY: Action peaked at No.3 on the Gaon Albums Chart and No.20 on the Oricon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 89,890+
Oricon Sales = 3,027=
Giving the album a total of 92,917+ in physical sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Bye Bye Bye has so far gained 17,894,390 million views, with the views still continuing to increase.

IDENTITY: Action was released in 3 versions: Wave, Roller and Ocean.
All 3 versions are set out in a card slipcase and comes with the Cd, random member cover photo book, random passport, random ticket photo card, random polaroid and 2 random message photo cards.
All 3 versions have a different album cover as well as different photo books.

Track List:
Bye Bye Bye
White Light
Waitin'
Ocean
RUi (16번째 별)




















































I love the continuation of the layout for these album, the IDENTITY series all have the same thing with a slipcase and a random member cover for the photo book, it makes me intrigued to see if their next albums will be the same or if they'll change it up.
I have the Roller Version of the album and this was the first time I struggled to pick which version I really wanted as all the teasers were amazing, making it difficult to decide, but I'm glad I got this version as my copies of First Sight and Challenge both have a darker colour concept. The photo book for this version is stunning, I think the black backdrops allows them to really stand out and it really makes the eyes really focus on them, especially Donghan, Daehyeon and Seokhwa as it really makes their hair colour pop.
The album itself is amazing, there is a good mixture of songs, each having their own sound and story, and each sounding different from the previous track, allowing the group to show another new side to them, and allowing to showcase their talents.

I have to say that Bye Bye Bye is my favourite WEi title track, I love the melody and I can't help but find the chorus really catchy. No matter what I'm doing, whenever this track plays, it pulls me in and I sing along. I love that each of their title tracks have been different for me it shows how versatile they are. Each member really gets their moment to shine and stand out, not one member stands out above the rest.
Bye Bye Bye

Songs like White Light really show that all the members of WEi are all-rounders, I especially love the difference in Yongha and Yohan's voices when they sing and rap, when they sing they have such a sweetness, but when they rap there is a deepness too. But for me no matter how many times I listen to this song, their vocals, especially in the chorus, just makes me feel like I'm hearing them again for the first time.
White Light

As soon as Waitin' starts you know it's going to be catchy, I love the melody, this is one of those tracks that gets you wanting to dance from the start. Sometimes with songs like these, I think it's hard for the vocals to overpower the melody, but not for WEi. I personally think these types of tracks are their speciality, especially Donghan and Yohan.
Waitin'

I love the upbeat melody for Ocean, it's another one of those tracks where each member stands out perfectly, and we get to hear the versatility of each of them members.
Ocean

I think RUi (16번째 별) is such a stunning song to conclude the album with, I love when groups and singers do a song with their fans in mind, personally for me, even though I will never come face to face with them, never be able to personally say congratulations, or you're doing well, when they're struggling, this song makes me feel like they know how much I adore and support them and I'm sure it's the same for other RUi's. I could listen to this song on repeat as for me it's just perfection, it's just breathtaking and you can really hear the sincerity in their voices.
RUi (16번째 별)

WEi are one of those groups that no matter what they do, they always stop me in my tracks and get my full attention. There have been times when I'm busying doing something and I just find myself completely still listening and taking it all in.
They're about to have another comeback and I can't wait to see what they bring us this time.

Were you a fan of IDENTITY: Action?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you choose?
What were your thoughts on Bye Bye Bye as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment