Monday 26 July 2021

PENTAGON - WE:TH

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


WE:TH is PENTAGON's 10th mini album, it's their 1st album release without member Jinho, who is currently completing his mandatory military service.
The albums name is a compound word of WE and WITH, it means the sympathy between PENTAGON and UNIVERSE coexisting for each other, it is an album that contains all the moments and emotions we/they feel while living together are captured in a total of 6 tracks under the keyword 'empathy'.

On the 17th of September 2020, the I've Been Keeping An Eye On You video was released, announcing Yanan's return to the group.
Owned by Cube Entertainment
On the 24th of September 2020, the 10th mini album [WE:TH] Comeback Trailer: Keep Us By Your Side was released.
Owned by Cube Entertainment
On the 5th of October 2020, the Track List was released.
On the 6th of October 2020, the Concept Image 1 #Seen Ver. was released.




On the 7th of October 2020, the Concept Image 2 #Unseen Ver. was released.




On the 8th of October 2020, the [WE:TH] Audio Snippet video was released.
Owned by Cube Entertainment
On the 9th of October 2020, the 데이지 (Daisy) M/V Teaser 1 was released.
Owned by Cube Entertainment
On the 12th of October 2020, the 데이지 (Daisy) M/V Teaser 2 was released.
Owned by Cube Entertainment
Also later on the 12th of October 2020, the 데이지 (Daisy) M/V was released, as well as the digital release of their 10th mini album WE:TH.
Owned by Cube Entertainment
The next day on the 13th of October 2020, WE:TH got released physically, then on the 15th of October, saw the release of the 데이지 (Daisy) Official Lyric Video.
Owned by Cube Entertainment
On the 16th of October 2020, the 데이지 (Daisy) Choreography Practice Video was released.
Owned by Cube Entertainment
On the 19th of October 2020, the 데이지 (Daisy) M/V (Performance Ver.) was released.
Owned by Cube Entertainment
On the 21st of October 2020, the 데이지 (Daisy) Music Clip was released.
Owned by Cube Entertainment
On the 1st of November 2020, the 데이지 (Daisy) Performance Video was released.
Owned by Cube Entertainment

데이지 (Daisy) got PENTAGON their 1st music show win on The Show.

Hui and Wooseok co-wrote the lyrics for You Like and title track 데이지 (Daisy), with both Hui and Wooseok also co-composing on the tracks.
Kino and Wooseok co-wrote the lyrics for Beautiful Goodbye and Paradise (별이 빛나는 이 밤(This Night Where Stars Shine)), with Kino also co-composing on the tracks.
Wooseok wrote the lyrics for 그해 그달 그날 (Nostalgia), as well as co-composing on the track.
Jinho wrote the lyrics and composed his Cd only solo track I'm Here.

WE:TH peaked at No.4 on the Gaon Albums Chart and No.16 on the Oricon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 110,479+
Oricon Sales = 8,489+
Giving the album so far a total of 118,968+ in physical sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 데이지 (Daisy) has so far gained 32,207,843 million views through their official YouTube channel, and 928,208 thousand views through the 1theK channel, giving the M/V a combined view count of 33,136,051 million.

WE:TH was released in 2 versions: Seen and Unseen
The Seen Ver. is set out in a clear sleeve and comes with the Cd, photo book, envelope, lyric paper, random Cd package, random photo card, random sticker, random scratch card and a random bookmark.
In the Seen Ver. PENTAGON shows 8 different charms and colours under a pastel-toned background, with flowers as props used to create a pure and romantic mood.
The Unseen Ver. is set out in a white sleeve and comes with the Cd, 8 individual and 1 group photo books, envelope, lyric paper, random Cd package, random phot card, rando sticker, random scratch card and a random bookmark.
In the Unseen Ver. the members show a deeper sensibility under a vivid coloured background.

Track List:
데이지 (Daisy)
Beautiful Goodbye
그해 그달 그날 (Nostalgia)
You Like
Paradise (별이 빛나는 이 밤 (This Night Where Stars Shine))
I'm Here *Cd Only*






































































I have the Unseen Version of the album, and I actually like the layout, I like that each member has their own little individual photo book, even though some of the pictures are the same, I love the colours and the concept and I won't deny that my favourite photo book is Yeo One's for obvious reasons.
The album itself for me shows how versatile PENTAGON are as a group, each track is different, giving off not only different vibes but also emotions.

I love the melody and vocals for 데이지 (Daisy), I love that the tracks start out slower, but speeds up just after the start, I especially love the chorus. If I wasn't aware of the meaning of the track, I wouldn't have guessed it was about heartbreak, but I love that it's not a ballad even more. I think you can feel their emotions so much more this way.
데이지 (Daisy)

I have to say that Beautiful Goodbye is one of my favourite tracks from this album, the melody is stunning and their vocals and raps just pull you into the song. From start to finish for me this track is perfect. I think it's sometimes difficult to look back on a relationship after it's ended thinking, 'what could I have done differently, could I have stopped it from ending?' But instead focus on the good times and the good memories, I think that in time helps you to move on.
Beautiful Goodbye

I can't help but sway along with 그해 그달 그날 (Nostalgia), I love Wooseok's description of this track; "a song like a picture of memories that you suddenly take out of an old drawer. People live with many memories and memories of each. And I suddenly remember the happy times and miss them." I often come across songs that lift my mood and remind me of happy memories, as well as making me think about them, and I definitely think this is one of those songs too.
그해 그달 그날 (Nostalgia)

You Like is another of my favourite tracks from this album, I love how the track switches up, it's a unique track for this album, which I think is why I like it and why it stands out from the rest.
You Like

I love that with Paradise (별이 빛나는 이 밤 (This Night Where Stars Shine)), PENTAGON brought back old school K-pop vibes, while adding their own twist and sound to it, making it more current and modern.
Paradise (별이 빛나는 이 밤 (This Night Where Stars Shine))
UniStayXP

I'd love to share with you Jinho's solo with I'm Here, but I'm unable to find it to share with you, but I definitely recommend buying the album to give it a listen, it's such a stunning track.

While I lean more towards liking LOVE or TAKE more, I think that just shows that PENTAGON are upping the ante, because their albums get better with each release.

Were you a fan of WE:TH?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you choose?
What were you thoughts 데이지 (Daisy) as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment