Wednesday 21 October 2020

Lamb Curry

 Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


This lamb curry is a slow cooker recipe so it's perfect to leave cooking while you're out at work, or just cooking while you're getting things done at home without having to worry about cooking later on. This dish I came across on the same website as the Beef Casserole and Chicken Casserole, so I definitely had high hopes for this dish.

Let's get cooking!


Ingredients:
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 medium white onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp medium curry powder
1/2 tbsp ground coriander
1/2 tbsp ground cumin
1/2 tbsp smoked paprika
800 g lamb, diced into bite size pieces
1 tin chopped tomatoes
100 ml lamb stock
3 tbsp coconut cream
2 tbsp tomato puree

Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the diced onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until softened.

Next add the garlic, curry powder, ground coriander, ground cumin and paprika and cook for another couple of minutes, stirring all the spices into the onion.

Transfer the mixture from the pan and into the slow cooker. 
Add the lamb chunks to the frying pan , and fry the lamb for 4-5 minutes until browned and then add to the slow cooker, along with the cooking juices.


Next in the slow cooker add the lamb stock, tinned tomatoes, coconut cream (I used coconut milk) and the tomato puree. Give everything a good stir and put the lid on.



You can cook on high for 2 hours and then reduce to low and cook for a further hour, or alternatively cook on low for 4-5 hours.

Once cooked serve with boiled rice.

I've never had lamb curry before so I wanted to give a go at cooking it myself to see if I'd like it, this recipe and cooking method is spot on. The lamb was so soft and just fell apart as soon as you picked it up with a fork. I loved the flavours and have cooked this a few more times since, and each time we always enjoy it, I even took the leftovers to work for my dinner the last time I made it for us, and even then it still tasted delicious.

If you would like to check out the original recipe then head to Slow Cooker Lamb Curry, there is also link above for the other dishes I hade made from the same website.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment