Wednesday 20 May 2020

Crying Tiger Beef

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


It's time for a new recipe that I have tried and this one comes from the Pinch of Nom Everyday Light recipe and is the first recipe in the Fakeaways chapter.
Let's get cooking!

Ingredients:
2 extra-lean medallion steaks (about 170 g each)
2 tbsp reduced-salt soy sauce
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce or Henderson's relish
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Low-calorie cooking spray
For The Dressing:
20 g fresh coriander, stalks and leaves finely chopped
2 tomatoes, finely diced
1-2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped or 1-2 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 spring onion, trimmed and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp lime juice or lemon juice
2 tbsp granulated sweetener

Start off by placing the steaks into a bowl and pour over the soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce, then season with black pepper and leave to marinate for a few moments while you move on to making the dressing.

To keep it short and simple mix together all off the dressing ingredients in a bowl.

Now back onto the steak, place a frying pan over a medium heat and spray with the low-calorie cooking spray. Place the steaks in the pan and pour the marinade that's left in bowl over the top. Cook the steaks to your preference. Depending on thickness cooking times may vary, but as a guideline 2 minutes each side for rare, 3 minutes each side for medium and 4 minutes each side for well done. 

Once your steaks are cooked, take them from the pan and leave to rest for a few minutes.

Once rested slice the steak into strips, I found using scissors for this was a lot quicker and easier.

Spoon the dressing over the steak and serve with anything you like, I served it with rice.


As it's just me and Skye, I had a lot of the dressing left over, so I also spooned some of the dressing over my rice. I absolutely loved this dish, I'm lucky that Skye seems to like her steak the same as mine; medium rare. The dressing on the other hand Skye was not a fan of, she doesn't like food that has a heat/spice to it, I thought there was just the right amount of heat for me and I also thought the dressing was really refreshing too. I'd happily cook this again but I'd half the dressing ingredients as I know it would just be me that would be tucking in.

If you're interested in any of Pinch of Nom's recipe's then you can buy the recipe books in all major supermarkets as well as online retailers Waterstones and Amazon.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment