Tuesday 12 May 2020

Chinese Drama - Put Your Head On My Shoulder

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Put Your Head On My Shoulder is a Chinese romantic comedy television series, it's based on the novel of the same name by Zhao Qianqian, the series was also written by Zhao Qianqian and directed by Zhu Dongning.
The series ran for 24 episodes, airing every Wednesday and Thursday, from the 10th of April 2019 and concluding on the 16th of May 2019.

Main Cast:
Xing Fei as Situ Mo
Google Images

Lin Yi as Gu Weiyi
Google Images

Tang Xiao Tian as Fu Pei
Google Images

Supporting Cast:
Zheng Ying Chen as Wang Shan
Google Images

Zhou Jun Wei as Lin Zhicun
Google Images

Jie Bing as Professor Jiang
Google Images

Zhou Zi Xin as Xie Yuyin
Google Images

Gao Yu Fei as Meng Lu
Google Images

Zhang Hao Lun as Zhou Lei
Google Images

Yi Sha as Xu Jie Er
Google Images

The series received positive reviews and had a score of 8.1 on Douban. Hotpot.TV ranked it the #5 most romantic drama of 2019.
The drama was a success and a hit in China and overseas where it achieved a cult following.
On the 20th May 2019, Lin Yu and Xing Fei held a grand fan meeting in Bangkok, Thailand, where a huge crowd of thousands of fans gathered.

As with previous dramas, this one also has songs from the OST that when I listen to them they transport me right back in to the show and it's emotions.
Check out the trailer and songs below.

Kele Jiushi Liliang - Warm Little Time (暖暖的小时光)

Li Junyi - Two People Are Beautiful (两人份美好)

As Situ Mo's graduation is nearing, she is confused about her future plans. She tries out all sorts of things all the time and is unable to make her own decisions. Her ordinary days are suddenly shaken up when the genius physics student Gu Weiyi appears in her life. The two accidenlty end up living together and chaos begins.

Google Images

I'd seen this drama appear on both Viki and Netlfix, and the main reason I decided to watch it was because of Xing Fei, I had watched her in the Master Devil series and loved her, so decided to give another one of her drama's a try. I loved this drama, it made me laugh, smile as well as pulling at the heartstrings. There were moments when I was frustrated with characters as well as feeling sorry for them too.
I loved Xing Fei as Situ Mo, I loved that her character was different from the Master Devil series, I loved that no matter the obstacle she tried to overcome it and always tried her best. I felt bad that she always seemed to be waiting around for Fu Pei, and he often let her down, their relationship definitely had an unspoken love, which he didn't want to admit to and assumed she would always wait around for him, you don't know what you've got till it's gone definitely came to mind. 
I loved Lin Yi as Gu Weiyi, I think he was perfect for the role. Gu Weiyi is your usual nerd that keeps his distance from girls and romance and is clueless when they show interest, as well as being clueless when it comes to emotions. I love that the more he started to understand his feelings, the more confident he got, I loved watching him and Situ Mo together, at times they were as clueless as one another which added to the comedy of the series. Watching him round technology also made me laugh, he was always wanting to get the best and then change it up.
I think Tang Xiao Tian was spot on as Fu Pei, he seems really confident on the outside, but really on the inside he's nervous about the outcome and consequences, I hated that when Situ Mo finally moved on, he tried to guilt her and then force himself on her to make her come back to him. I also hated that he allowed Wang Shan to date him, when the main person on his mind was Situ Mo. I did feel sorry for him that he father was abusive towards him which I think made him treat people the way he did. I love that he finally stood up to him and decided to do things his way and prove his father that he had a good on his shoulders when it came to business and love.
I don't think I could have imagined anyone other than Zheng Ying Chen playing Wang Shan, she's definitely a girl that will go to any lengths to make sure she achieves her goals, and doesn't turn away from something just because it will be hard work. I love that even when Situ Mo isn't talking to Fu Pei, she's still there for Wang Shan and listens to her doubts and worries, she's definitely the positives in both Situ Mo and Fu Pei's lives and I don't think either of them would have gone down the paths they did if it wasn't for her, she's the fighting force in this series.
I thought Zhang Hao Lun was adorable as Zhou Lei, there were so many times that I felt sorry for him, no matter how many times he tried so hard to succeed, everyone around him was always telling him how Gu Weiyi could do it and did do it faster and better than him, instead of praising him for his skills and level, they often compared him to Gu Weiyi. This made him put himself in competition with him, but I love that they eventually became friends and could rely on one another. I definitely wasn't fond of how Professor Jiang and Xie Yuyin treated him, Professor Jiang did eventually warm to him and start standing up for him but I think Xie Yuyin let her feelings for Gu Weiyi, decide that he was beneath her.
I definitely think this series was spot on, there wasn't any moments when I thought something just didn't fit in with the story, it's very heartwarming and I loved the ending, to be honest I was crying at the ending, while it was something to be expected, I really didn't expect it. If I had to say the series had a concept, I would say it's about love lost, finding encouragement, and gaining new experiences and feelings. It's a perfect coming of age drama and seeing where there heads take them.


Have you watched Put Your Head On My Shoulder?
Were you a fan?
Did you have any favourite characters?
Would you recommend it to others?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye
Viki Global

No comments:

Post a Comment