Saturday 20 July 2019

Pina Colada Baked Rice Pudding

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


It's been a few months since I had a baking post, I don't know if I can really class this as baking but I'm going to anyway. A couple of weekends a go I fancied making us something for dessert after our Sunday dinner so decided to make some that was relatively cheap and simple from the Pinch of Nom recipe book.
Shall we getting making the Pina Colada Baked Rice Pudding?


Ingredients:
Low-calorie cooking spray
100 g risotto rice
2 tsp granulated sweetener
600 ml coconut milk (or other dairy alternative)
100 g pineapple, diced
Grated zest of 1 lime

Start off by preheating your oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas mark 4 and spray an ovenproof dish (15cm/6in) with the low-calorie cooking spray.

Next add the risotto rice.

Also add the sweetener and coconut milk to the dish.

Give the mixture a good stir to dissolve the sweetener and then cover with foil, pop in the oven and bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes.

Mix the diced pineapple in a bowl with the lime zest. Once baked, remove the pudding from the oven and when ready to serve, spoon into two bowls and top with the pineapple and lime zest.

I think this is such and easy and simple dish to make, you literally put it all in an ovenproof dish, give it a mix and pop it in the oven to bake. I'd happily make this again, I thought it tasted really nice. I thought the warmth of the rice pudding work really well with the cold pineapple. I can't wait to cook it again. for portion size it's definitely perfect for 2 people.


 If you're interested in any of Pinch of Nom's recipe's then you can buy the recipe book in all major supermarkets as well as online retailers Waterstones and Amazon.

See you soon!




안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment